Tipperary v Mayo, Round 2 Qualifier, Semple Stafium. 23/6/18.

Started by Mayo4Sam14, June 11, 2018, 10:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

highorlow

QuoteDoes Willie Joe still have a pair of boots?

Spring loaded
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

larryin89

Quote from: Blowitupref on June 23, 2018, 06:41:15 PM
FT Tipp 1-11 Mayo 1-19. Very harsh scoreline on Tipp in a game of what might have been for Tipp while Mayo live to fight another day.

Why was it harsh , you're an awful p***k don't ya think. Sick to my balls listening to want ers like you . What was harsh about it , have you ever played football, you  batter a team that are not at your level in the last period cause they haven't the legs nor strength to keep with ya .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

whitey

Quote from: larryin89 on June 24, 2018, 01:51:58 AM
FT Tipp 1-11 Mayo 1-19. Very harsh scoreline on Tipp in a game of what might have been for Tipp while Mayo live to fight another day.

Why was it harsh , you're an awful p***k don't ya think. Sick to my balls listening to want ers like you . What was harsh about it , have you ever played football, you  batter a team that are not at your level in the last period cause they haven't the legs nor strength to keep with ya .

Lol....Mayo could/should have had about five goals. It could have been 20 points

Cunny Funt

Best not to post on feed of drink Larry. If you need reminding Mayo got a lucky goal totally against the run of play that changed the course of the game. For 50 of the 70 mins Tipp gave as good as they got and didn't deserve to lose by a margin of 8 points.

Syferus

Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 24, 2018, 02:05:18 AM

Best not to post on feed of drink Larry. If you need reminding Mayo got a lucky goal totally against the run of play that changed the course of the game. For 50 of the 70 mins Tipp gave as good as they got and didn't deserve to lose by a margin of 8 points.

I don't know why you're defending one of your alt accounts so openly and quickly on this of all topics, but even though Larrin said it in the most obnoxious way posssible he's entirely correct that the scoreline accurately reflected the level of Tipp's collapse. You can't not turn up for 20 minutes of a match and then 'undeservedly' get hammered.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Syferus on June 24, 2018, 02:10:07 AM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 24, 2018, 02:05:18 AM

I don't know why you're defending one of your alt accounts so openly and quickly on this of all topics, but even though Larrin said it in the most obnoxious way posssible he's entirely correct that the scoreline accurately reflected the level of Tipp's collapse. You can't not turn up for 20 minutes of a match and then 'undeservedly' get hammered.

Defending one of my alt accounts what are you on about? just one example for you 2015 AI semi final Mayo lost by 7 points to Dublin few if any thought Dublin deserved to win by that margin. The final margin sometimes doesn't tell the full tale of 70 minute game.

Mayo4Sam14

What's the story with Vaughan? He'd be another option at full back and Midfield. Also any update on B Harrison?
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Mayo4Sam

Diarmuid should go midfield IMO

Cian Hanley looks like bambi on ice trying a solo but then so does Kirby
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Mayo4Sam

I do wonder about supporters sometimes, do they have any clue about football.

There was a group of lads behind me on Saturday, around the 60th minute Mayo got hold of the ball, maybe 5 points up and held onto it for a good 2-3 minutes, back and forward. It ended with Keegan kicking a point but even if it hadn't my point would stand. 
The boys behind me weren't happy, "this is the sort of shite now and we'll get caught and lose the ball", all of them disgusted.

Its literally the first rule of football, if we have the ball they can't score. I know its not nice to watch but we're winning and they are closing the game out, its the equivalent of running the ball into the corner in soccer or sticking the ball up ur jumper in rugby. It takes composure, its the smart thing to do.

Jinxy

Having possession is the first step towards losing possession.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Jinxy on June 25, 2018, 10:04:53 AM
Having possession is the first step towards losing possession.

Losing possession is therefore the first step towards regaining possession

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Jinxy on June 25, 2018, 10:21:57 AM
Possessions are fleeting...
Exactly my point Jinxy. Like love you have to grab it when you can and not let go.

I'm glad we're on the same page

Maroon Manc

AOS, McLaughlin & Doherty all played well especially in the 2nd half and DOC had a great impact when he came on. Boyle looked well of the pace but think it was last August before he got going.

I assume James Durcan is ahead of Hanley, Loftus & Regan in the pecking order although will Hanley get a start the next day if Mayo go with DOC & AOS at midfield?