where is best to buy an ipad and ipod ?

Started by camanchero, September 28, 2012, 12:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

camanchero

Christmas pressies - starting to look early.
Where would be the best/cheapest place to buy an ipad and also to buy the smallest ipod (that looks like the iphone).
Belfast or Dublin?
or perhaps Online - can you recommend any reputable vendors in Ireland/England etc ?

prob cheaper buying these in the US but dont think thats an option really.

TIA

southdown

You can buy from the apple site with free engraving and 24 hour free delivery.  Cant see them cheaper elsewhere, although I hope somebody can correct me on this.

take_yer_points

There's savings to be made if you're willing to go refurbished. These come like new I think and have the usual 12 month warranty:

http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad

camanchero

Bensars

Quote from: take_yer_points on September 28, 2012, 12:47:37 PM
There's savings to be made if you're willing to go refurbished. These come like new I think and have the usual 12 month warranty:

http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad

Just got the refurbished. Box sealed, like new, nobody  would know any different.

screenmachine

As mentioned the prices are set by Apple so you won't find any variation in the price unless you're buying in the States where you can save about £50-75 compared to over here..
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

camanchero

great.
thanks for that - will check for the link to the Irish refurbished operation now!

oisinog

You also need to be careful when it comes to repairs. If you buy it in Belfast you can only get it repaired in belfast or by sending it away.

In Dublin as far as I am aware there is no apple store so you cant take it up to belfast to repair it

seafoid

I was reading about Apple the other day. Operating Margins are 60%. So if you pay 500 Euro for an ipad 300 euro is profit.

Foxconn run the sweatshops in China for them and their margins are down to 2% as the workers demand wage increases. I can't see Apple forcing those juicy margins through indefinitely.   
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

nifan

Quote from: seafoid on October 03, 2012, 05:01:24 PM
I was reading about Apple the other day. Operating Margins are 60%. So if you pay 500 Euro for an ipad 300 euro is profit.

Foxconn run the sweatshops in China for them and their margins are down to 2% as the workers demand wage increases. I can't see Apple forcing those juicy margins through indefinitely.

Think those figures are a little high - iphone is there best - between 49 and 58 percent margin
Ipads are between 23 and 32 percent margin

Cold tea

LeoMc

Cold tea

Sorry it was the mini one i wanted - appears they aren't in the shops yet.

LeoMc

Quote from: Cold tea on November 20, 2012, 01:30:14 PM
Sorry it was the mini one i wanted - appears they aren't in the shops yet.

Not too convinced by them, the Kindle Fire and Google Nexus are a lot cheaper for not much difference in spec.

Maurice Moss

If any of you are thinking of buying from abroad Canada is the cheapest place to buy from!