The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

I wish RTE would just get off their arses and do it. The Irish language stuff is still a massive bore on TG4 and severely limits the audience too. Benefits no one.

Tubberman

Quote from: Syferus on March 27, 2018, 05:21:06 PM
I wish RTE would just get off their arses and do it. The Irish language stuff is still a massive bore on TG4 and severely limits the audience too. Benefits no one.

It benefits everyone who wants to see the games but can't/won't attend.
RTE have never shown any interest in the league, so give credit to TG4 - without them you wouldn't see any of those games.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Syferus

Quote from: Tubberman on March 27, 2018, 05:24:53 PM

It benefits everyone who wants to see the games but can't/won't attend.
RTE have never shown any interest in the league, so give credit to TG4 - without them you wouldn't see any of those games.

I'm glad they're doing it, but literally any other FTA station would benefit the viewer and the GAA more to be doing it.

Rossfan

Can you just stop being an an anti Irish arsehole for 1 fkn day.
Fair play to TG4 and anyone schooled in the 26 Cos should be well able to grasp the commentary.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

APM

Possibly one of the stupidest posts I've ever read. 

seafoid

Dar leat ach ni thuigeann tú
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Itchy

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 27, 2018, 05:11:42 PM
Just to go back to our conversation of a month ago or so - TG4 showing 7, count em, 7 live games this weekend. How are they managing to do this? Fair play to them. Hand it all over to them I say.

RTE are an embarrassment their highlights show was beyond dung on Sunday. There were 3 three key games in the top two divisions last weekend. Mayo v Donegal, Cavan v Tipp and Down v Meath. You could argue Ros v Cork too. We got mayo v Donegal fair enough. 60 seconds of cavan v Tipp and nothing from Meath game. 60 seconds on Ros game. Then the 5 mins of analysis. Cavan did great to get back up, arra  arra arra, great u21 teams arra arra arra. Tremendous. Tomas o se a joke of an analyst and Whelan only slightly ahead. Lazy lazy shite. Yet Dublin v monaghan, a dead rubber gets premium attention. Thank God for tg4.

The GAA need to wise up and flex their muscles. I'd be quite happy if they gave the whole league to tg4 or split between tg4 and sky. People need to grasp something, to the majority of counties the league is the most important competition.

mrdeeds

The analysis of Cavan Tipp was mainly O Se talking about the Munster Championship.

Itchy

Quote from: mrdeeds on March 27, 2018, 05:56:52 PM
The analysis of Cavan Tipp was mainly O Se talking about the Munster Championship.

Aye but the analysis was "Tipp are good, will be a threat to cork and Kerry arra arra arra. Tipp wear blue jerseys. Tipp are good at hurling. Fair play to them. Arra arra arra."

Syferus

I remember when ye thought Tomas was God's gift when he arrived first.

Itchy

Quote from: Syferus on March 27, 2018, 06:02:44 PM

Well he's better than you I suppose

From the Bunker

Ah Plámás started of telling of his experiences with tales. Now he seems to be just a puppet for the Kerry media mafia. Now it's Yerra Yerra Yerra! Whealan is there for the Dublin media mafia!

Kerry media mafia will over the next 5 months will hope that anyone (even Cork or Tyrone) will stop Dublin doing 4 in a row if they can't.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 27, 2018, 06:24:20 PM

Ah Plámás started of telling of his experiences with tales. Now he seems to be just a puppet for the Kerry media mafia. Now it's Yerra Yerra Yerra! Whealan is there for the Dublin media mafia!

Kerry media mafia will over the next 5 months will hope that anyone (even Cork or Tyrone) will stop Dublin doing 4 in a row if they can't.

I wouldn't limit that to the Dublin media mafia, that would be most of the country! I couldn't care less who wins the AI this year as long as it's not Dublin or Armagh.

Rossfan

Quote from: seafoid on March 27, 2018, 05:48:02 PM
Dar leat ach ni thuigeann tú
Níl aon  tuiscint  ag an plaidhc faoi aon rud nach tháinig as Ríomhaire.

Mise Rossfan agus is  mór mo náir
Is as Ros  Syfīn an phlaidhc mí chiallmhar.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

laoislad

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 27, 2018, 05:11:42 PM
Just to go back to our conversation of a month ago or so - TG4 showing 7, count em, 7 live games this weekend. How are they managing to do this? Fair play to them. Hand it all over to them I say.
RTE more interested in showing womens feckin rugby...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.