Voting closed: January 26, 2023, 11:37:12 AM

HiMucker

Quote from: lenny on January 24, 2023, 10:34:03 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on January 24, 2023, 10:12:09 PM
Quote from: lenny on January 24, 2023, 10:03:08 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 24, 2023, 09:53:14 PM
Objection in...

Disappointed in Glen, sore losers.
No chance! Well saying your a Magherafelt man lenny lol. I don't think they are bad losers in any shape or form.

The fairest thing now is for the GAA to impose a fine on Crokes for having 16 players on the pitch for 10 seconds of the 64 minutes.
The time is irrelevant as a goal could have been scored in a split second. Time. Would be relevant if it was more than a one score game at that stage.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: HiMucker on January 24, 2023, 10:38:41 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 24, 2023, 10:34:21 PM
It can be exploited also, so it's got to be no subs in injury time
Exain that one for me? Do you mean exploited as in using the subs to break up momentum or what? As surely a stop clock. You would just have it stopped when a sub is being made in injury time, and when it's up its up? I like the idea of the last play the ball has to go dead or the team winning is fouled in possession.

When rules are changed people find ways to exploit it.

Boyle sports have Glen 15/8
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Wildweasel74

Alot longer than 10secs, plus he's on the line, in a position where another player would had to Mann, freeing space. I still don't believe he didn't know he was to go off,

bennydorano

I'd still say the replay will not happen. A point will be made tho.

fearbrags

In Fairness  if it was a Tyrone team in place of Dubs,  we would already have decided that they did it on purpose and  a replay would already be ordered a or the game would be awarded to the opposition ;)

HiMucker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 24, 2023, 10:48:58 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on January 24, 2023, 10:38:41 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 24, 2023, 10:34:21 PM
It can be exploited also, so it's got to be no subs in injury time
Exain that one for me? Do you mean exploited as in using the subs to break up momentum or what? As surely a stop clock. You would just have it stopped when a sub is being made in injury time, and when it's up its up? I like the idea of the last play the ball has to go dead or the team winning is fouled in possession.

When rules are changed people find ways to exploit it.

Boyle sports have Glen 15/8
There is always unintended consequences of rule changes and that's why it's best to trial them. Thankfully the stop clock has been well trialled in the ladies game, and it seems to be agreed that it has had a positive impact. I'd be interested to know of any ways that it has been exploited that you suggested above?

Glen a great price. As someone mentioned before, if Glen even have one or two players dubious of the integrity of being granted a replay they will be soundly beat. The psychology of it will be fascinating. High drama and stress for both sets of players.

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 24, 2023, 09:55:09 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 24, 2023, 09:48:29 PM
Why make 2 subs 2 mins into Injury time, with only 3mins of injury time, of course it was to waste time.

And MOR would have definitely done the same, I've seen it loads of times in games
Yeah absolutely and totally entitled to do it, slow the game and kill any momentum, up to the ref to add time on though!

Armagh18

Quote from: fearbrags on January 24, 2023, 11:05:35 PM
In Fairness  if it was a Tyrone team in place of Dubs,  we would already have decided that they did it on purpose and  a replay would already be ordered a or the game would be awarded to the opposition ;)
But they definitely would have done it on purpose!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 24, 2023, 11:11:26 PM
Why make 2 subs 2 mins into Injury time, with only 3mins of injury time, of course it was to waste time.

And MOR would have definitely done the same, I've seen it loads of times in games
Yeah absolutely and totally entitled to do it, slow the game and kill any momentum, up to the ref to add time on though!

The game didn't finish on 63.00 minutes, so he added time
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

fearbrags

They replay should be held in Derry

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 24, 2023, 11:13:00 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on January 24, 2023, 11:11:26 PM

The game didn't finish on 63.00 minutes, so he added time
Talking in general, totally right to play over the original added time if theres been subs made (or in this case lads just fired on lol)

fearbrags

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 24, 2023, 11:12:12 PM
Quote from: fearbrags on January 24, 2023, 11:05:35 PM
But they definitely would have done it on purpose!
It would have made the decision easier I guess, ;) but the Dubs are no angels  , One all Ireland finished the Dubs one point ahead Mayo , Mayo Goalkeeper trying to kick the ball out and four sets of players grappling on the ground , No remarks past   ""they were all at it ""  8)

GiveItToTheShooters

Absolutely the right thing to do by Glen. The GAA are spineless.

Armagh18

Armamike

If your opponent has 17 players on the pitch you're well entitled to ask for a replay imo.  Crokes can't complain.   
That's just, like your opinion man.