No - Typical Nordies causing mischief as usual
21 (13.4%)
Should not have to. GAA HQ should already have called a replay
106 (67.5%)

Total Members Voted: 157

Voting closed: January 26, 2023, 11:37:12 AM

RadioGAAGAA

Had a thought this evening.

Would Crokes have ran the risk of trying to leave 16 on to burn another minute in confusion when the officials sorted it out?

And it backfired. Badly.
i usse an speelchekor

RedHand88

Glen will get their forward line in order and win the replay.

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/2023/01/24/16th-man-kilmacud-glen-crokes-all-ireland-club-final-controversy/

Glen, having been made aware "that potentially a rule was broken", asked Croke Park to clarify the matter. The response was that the situation would be adjudicated should the club wish to object to the result.

By Monday night the "potentially" had been dropped and the club statement restated that they had sought "clarification from the GAA on the breach of rules" and registered disappointment that this request form a review had been declined in the absence of "an official objection".

According to the Official Guide, Rule 6.44 there were two options – either to impose a penalty on Kilmacud "on a proven objection" or "on an inquiry by the committee in charge".

It could be asked what an inquiry might achieve given that clear breach of match regulations was evident from the television coverage. In other words, the facts are agreed.

Anyway, for whatever reason the CCCC took the view that an inquiry would not be appropriate for an incident of this nature and that such cases usually rely on an objection but it would have been within the committee's competence to do it themselves.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

marty34

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on January 24, 2023, 07:06:30 PM
Had a thought this evening.

Would Crokes have ran the risk of trying to leave 16 on to burn another minute in confusion when the officials sorted it out?

And it backfired. Badly.

I was thinking about this.

It could have been a deliberate ploy on their behalf. We'll never know but after conceding the late late goal last year I'm sure they were thinking about it.

They seemed to panick by making a good few subs in the last few minutes, whether to kill the clock or use the confusion of that to keep a lad on the field.

I mean it doesn't happen too often in the GAA that a lad doesn't come off when he's subbed.

I don't buy that and makes me think it was a ploy.

But we'll never know either way.

Milltown Row2

So the KC manager said before the game or at half time, "right lads, if its tight at the end I'm throwing on 2 extra players but you stay on, just in case"

Seriously?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 24, 2023, 07:46:26 PM
So the KC manager said before the game or at half time, "right lads, if its tight at the end I'm throwing on 2 extra players but you stay on, just in case"

Seriously?
Either that or Mullin decided on the ultimate sacrifice to stop a last minute goal.

RadioGAAGAA

Seriously?

Do you think the management haven't game planned the last 5 minutes hundreds of times since last year?

Seriously?

To be clear, I don't think he was meant to stay on - the last man subbed in injury time was possibly meant to linger long enough to have the linesman get confused counting and burn time when they all sorted it. But the referee played on and then fog of war kicks in - maybe Mullin then thought they weren't the subbed man and guessed the refereeing team had sorted it.
i usse an speelchekor

seafoid

Quote from: J70 on January 24, 2023, 06:24:23 PM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on January 24, 2023, 05:11:18 PM
Glenn are being thrown under the bus here in my opinion. There's no doubt that having an extra defender in a crowded area where a crucial 45 is being defended is an advantage. Match should be replayed. If there's a fine it should be placed on the incompetent officials.

Exactly.

This is embarrassing for the GAA. But they probably don't even see it.
oh yes they do

https://www.rte.ie/sport/football/2023/0124/1351623-gaa-inaction-could-spell-dangerous-legacy-kelly/

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on January 24, 2023, 08:24:00 PM

Seriously?

Do you think the management haven't game planned the last 5 minutes hundreds of times since last year?

Seriously?

To be clear, I don't think he was meant to stay on - the last man subbed in injury time was possibly meant to linger long enough to have the linesman get confused counting and burn time when they all sorted it. But the referee played on and then fog of war kicks in - maybe Mullin then thought they weren't the subbed man and guessed the refereeing team had sorted it.

That's some stretch in fairness, that they discussed you stay on after we sub you!

Ah well it's taking management to a different level
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Eire90

if the game is replayed and glen win i can see a whole handling happening.

Armagh18

Quote from: Eire90 on January 24, 2023, 08:46:05 PM
if the game is replayed and glen win i can see a whole handling happening.
Would love to see it.

Wildweasel74

Why make 2 subs 2 mins into Injury time, with only 3mins of injury time, of course it was to waste time.

imtommygunn

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 24, 2023, 09:48:29 PM
Why make 2 subs 2 mins into Injury time, with only 3mins of injury time, of course it was to waste time.

And MOR would have definitely done the same, I've seen it loads of times in games