30 (19.1%)
No - Typical Nordies causing mischief as usual
21 (13.4%)
Should not have to. GAA HQ should already have called a replay
106 (67.5%)

Total Members Voted: 157

Voting closed: January 26, 2023, 11:37:12 AM

nrico2006

Remember the team from Cavan appealing the Ulster Minor club result due to Ballinderry fielding a player who was too young.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

imtommygunn

Same happened with Creggan in an AI junior final maybe a dozen years ago. I can't mind anything that came from it.

Estimator

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 24, 2023, 04:06:32 PM
Same happened with Creggan in an AI junior final maybe a dozen years ago. I can't mind anything that came from it.

Complaint was submitted to late.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Dougal Maguire

Glenn are being thrown under the bus here in my opinion. There's no doubt that having an extra defender in a crowded area where a crucial 45 is being defended is an advantage. Match should be replayed. If there's a fine it should be placed on the incompetent officials.
Careful now

seafoid

If for whatever reason CLG Watty Grahams  pass on the option of making an appeal, the GAA should take over and implement their own rulebook by ordering a replay.
One alternative would be to cancel the competition. 2021 was "cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic".
2023 could be "cancelled due to shithousery."
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

rodney trotter

Quote from: AustinPowers on January 24, 2023, 01:17:56 PM
Part of the problem is  that players don't remain on the sideline  until a player comes off.  A lot of the  time it's like the old days  where players ran on with a slip of paper to the ref  before a player slinks off

Yeah that's true. In soccer they have stay until the player.has left the Field.

Rossfan

Quote from: seafoid on January 24, 2023, 05:32:26 PM
If for whatever reason CLG Watty Grahams  pass on the option of making an appeal, the GAA should take over and implement their own rulebook by ordering a replay.

If Galway bate Meeyowestros next weekend by two points but TV that night confirms that the scorer of the winning goal took 9 steps before kicking the ball.....?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

phpearse

QuoteIf Galway bate Meeyowestros next weekend by two points but TV that night confirms that the scorer of the winning goal took 9 steps before kicking the ball.....?

Not a good comparison. That is a technical foul. The rule book says if you field an incorrect number of players then there are consequences, which can include losing the game or a replay. I assume there is a rule for playing a suspended player which could also mean losing the game or a replay. There are certain rules that if they are broken means you can loose a game that you have won on the field. The GAA should not be asking Glen to object to a rule that the GAA have in place. It is up to the GAA to enforce their own rule.

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on January 24, 2023, 05:37:56 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 24, 2023, 05:32:26 PM

If Galway bate Meeyowestros next weekend by two points but TV that night confirms that the scorer of the winning goal took 9 steps before kicking the ball.....?
The sideline phrase is Ref! STEPS! because steps are adjudicated by the ref. More than 15 players is a GAA rulebook issue.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

J70

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on January 24, 2023, 05:11:18 PM
Glenn are being thrown under the bus here in my opinion. There's no doubt that having an extra defender in a crowded area where a crucial 45 is being defended is an advantage. Match should be replayed. If there's a fine it should be placed on the incompetent officials.

Exactly.

This is embarrassing for the GAA. But they probably don't even see it.

imtommygunn

It's a cop out of epic proportions. We will enforce the rules if you make us but it is on you.

Honestly think glen have to protest now because of that.

Should be a slap on the wrist and move on. I don't think it had any impact on the score but Jesus what is the point in rules if you just ignore them.

balladmaker

Replay is the only sensible option ... if it was a 10 point drubbing then this is a non-story ... but it's a 2 point defeat with one team defending their goal with an illegal 16th man on the goal line.  No brainer, has to be a replay.

Derryman forever

I do believe Glen should appeal, force a decision from Croke Park, and then consider if they wish to enforce that decision.

lenny

Quote from: balladmaker on January 24, 2023, 06:52:36 PM
Replay is the only sensible option ... if it was a 10 point drubbing then this is a non-story ... but it's a 2 point defeat with one team defending their goal with an illegal 16th man on the goal line.  No brainer, has to be a reply.

Replay the last minute of the game is the only fair and just option. 15 v 15 for 60 seconds with Crokes 2 points up. Either that or a big fine for Crokes.

In hiding

Quote from: lenny on January 24, 2023, 07:00:47 PM
Quote from: balladmaker on January 24, 2023, 06:52:36 PM
Replay is the only sensible option ... if it was a 10 point drubbing then this is a non-story ... but it's a 2 point defeat with one team defending their goal with an illegal 16th man on the goal line.  No brainer, has to be a reply.

Replay the last minute of the game is the only fair and just option. 15 v 15 for 60 seconds with Crokes 2 points up. Either that or a big fine for Crokes.
I agree, replay the last minute.