30 (19.1%)
No - Typical Nordies causing mischief as usual
21 (13.4%)
Should not have to. GAA HQ should already have called a replay
106 (67.5%)

Total Members Voted: 157

Voting closed: January 26, 2023, 11:37:12 AM

take_yer_points

The Glen appeal is over surely - the outcome is a replay. Original result is currently void.

KC have now appealed. That process is yet to run it's course

skeog

Tommy Conlon in the FG rag needs a call out his vitriol towards Glen would be something like the Kremlin would be spouting.Out of their depth he needs to get a reality check.

seafoid

There will probably be a bombshell interview with either with Declan Bogue of Gaelic Life at some point to kick the whole thing off again.
Glen pulling out doesn't finish anything . It might even be a tactical move. Wed don't know anything about what is actually happening,
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Eire90

i think people are bored of the whole thing now.

Itchy

Quote from: skeog on February 05, 2023, 10:40:48 AM
Tommy Conlon in the FG rag needs a call out his vitriol towards Glen would be something like the Kremlin would be spouting.Out of their depth he needs to get a reality check.

He's a sc**bag that guy. The idea that a person would pay a subscription to read anything he writes is laughable.

Wildweasel74

About to comment on Conlon, seen that crap he's put in the Independent, like forget about the rules and the fact a team had 16 men on, but no Glen are bad losers for objecting.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Eire90 on February 05, 2023, 11:21:41 AM
i think people are bored of the whole thing now.

Yes, the GAA fell over the line for the result they wanted. They left it as a slogfest between the two clubs until one of them backed down without them having to make a definitive decision.

They made both clubs look bad depending on what side you were looking from.

Time to draw a line. I do feel sorry for both clubs.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on February 05, 2023, 11:07:44 AM
There will probably be a bombshell interview with either with Declan Bogue of Gaelic Life at some point to kick the whole thing off again.
Glen pulling out doesn't finish anything . It might even be a tactical move. Wed don't know anything about what is actually happening,

Glen withdrew their objection, that's done now. Move on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

"We forget that the GAA way of doing things is ludicrous"

Good discussion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjpFQXzgm34&t=1300s
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

The Hill is Blue

In my view Tommy Conlon got it right.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

blasmere

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on February 05, 2023, 02:19:52 PM

BS. “Glen scuttled away from the mess they created”

Where did Glen create the mess? All other parties were to blame apart from Glen - the GAA, KC and the officiating. Glen were backed into a corner and did the right thing appealing and then the right thing withdrawing. Arrogance for this fella to suggest otherwise.
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: blasmere on February 05, 2023, 02:27:04 PM

BS. "Glen scuttled away from the mess they created"

Where did Glen create the mess? All other parties were to blame apart from Glen - the GAA, KC and the officiating. Glen were backed into a corner and did the right thing appealing and then the right thing withdrawing. Arrogance for this fella to suggest otherwise.

Malachy O'Rourke's measured words after the game said all that needed to be said and the respect shown by the Glen players in remaining on the field during the presentation underlined the dignified statement of their manager. Unfortunately (anti)social media got to work almost immediately (fuelled largely by people outside the club and indeed outside Derry) and the rest is history.   
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

OrchardOrange

Scum comments, which fully reflect Dublin GAA's soccer-like mentality driven by greed and 'doesn't matter how you win' cheating. The modern Dublin GAA set up is the antithesis of everything the GAA stands for. 31 other counties tip their hat to Glen, who hold moral values KC can only dream of...charlatans

Milltown Row2

Quote from: OrchardOrange on February 05, 2023, 07:34:51 PM

Scum comments, which fully reflect Dublin GAA's soccer-like mentality driven by greed and 'doesn't matter how you win' cheating. The modern Dublin GAA set up is the antithesis of everything the GAA stands for. 31 other counties tip their hat to Glen, who hold moral values KC can only dream of...charlatans

You are speaking for all 31 counties? Wow you're some pup
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ardtole

Tommy Conlons tweet about Bobby Sands a few years ago showed him up for the attention seeking p***k that he is. Just a lazy headline today by a poor journalist.