NFL Division Three 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horse Box

Quote from: Itchy on February 19, 2023, 10:23:44 AM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on February 19, 2023, 10:08:22 AM
Hope to see a good crowd in Breffni today.

A shock is on the cards - I can feel it in me waters. Longford 11/2 for the win so I am off to put a few bob on us.

Or else I am beginning to get trouble 'down below'  :-\

There was a decent crowd at the Tipp game and no one from Tipp was there so if ye bring a few it might be a good atmosphere

::) !

Itchy

Quote from: Horse Box on February 19, 2023, 11:25:54 AM
Quote from: Itchy on February 19, 2023, 10:23:44 AM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on February 19, 2023, 10:08:22 AM
Hope to see a good crowd in Breffni today.

A shock is on the cards - I can feel it in me waters. Longford 11/2 for the win so I am off to put a few bob on us.

Or else I am beginning to get trouble 'down below'  :-\

There was a decent crowd at the Tipp game and no one from Tipp was there so if ye bring a few it might be a good atmosphere

::) !

Fair enough, there were about 50 from Tipp, most of them part of the match day squad

FermGael

Enjoyed that.
Fine 1 point win for Fermanagh.
Goal from Sean to win it after a mistake from the Down keeper.
Fermanagh were the better team.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

imtommygunn

Opens the division right up that result.

Westside

Longford were desperate. They never looked like they believed they could win the game. Everyone behind the ball in the first half with the wind at their backs. It was over after 20 minutes.

Could be a costly game for Cavan though with Oisin Brady carried off and Carolan and McVeety limping off too.

Dreadnought

Quote from: Westside on February 19, 2023, 03:58:15 PM
Longford were desperate. They never looked like they believed they could win the game. Everyone behind the ball in the first half with the wind at their backs. It was over after 20 minutes.

Could be a costly game for Cavan though with Oisin Brady carried off and Carolan and McVeety limping off too.

Very poor alright. It was over before half time, and barely a training session for 2nd half. We took a lot of points when goals were on, but was good to see Conor Madden and Lynch show well with points that half though.

Injuries are a concern. Oisin Brady looks to be the worst one. Carolan was moving ok, McVeety was gingerly too, but he was up and walking around after and seemed OK. Hope they're just stingers and are good for next week

Shamrock Shore

Yeah - it was a very poor Longford effort.

Trapdoor looms.

Feck!

imtommygunn

Still up in the air ss. Beat tipp and then if our, Antrim, results go against us until the last game then it's down to that game. I'm hopeful we've a few points in us before then but we'll see. At the minute Longford and tipp favourites but good bit to go.

Cavan19

From what i have seen of Tipp and Longford they will be relegated there were better teams in Division 4 last year. Cavan sitting on top with 3 wins having beat those two but everyone else will beat them so the weeks ahead is where it is going to get interesting especially next weekend.

inroundthesquare

Anyone notice the Fermanagh No. 2 got booked for the Down penalty even though he wasn't near the tackle on Havern.
Ref was having a good look in his book with the umpire before giving the booking .. looked strange

Lucifer

Quote from: inroundthesquare on February 20, 2023, 08:40:28 PM
Anyone notice the Fermanagh No. 2 got booked for the Down penalty even though he wasn't near the tackle on Havern.
Ref was having a good look in his book with the umpire before giving the booking .. looked strange

Yes it was a peculiar one.  It could have been mistaken identity.  It could have been for an off the ball incident previous to that.  It could have been for something he said.  But he had no part in the penalty that's for sure.  He brought Kerr back for a free after his goal shot was saved, yet any contact was minimal.  I found the referee a little frustrating in general, some very soft frees at times and yet let the big hit on McEvoy go.

Look-Up!

Antrim v Fermanagh  6/4 13/2 8/11
Down v Westmeath  10/11 13/2 6/5
Longford v Tipperary  4/5 13/2 11/8
Offaly v Cavan  9/4 15/2 4/9

While it may not necessarily be make time for some teams this weekend it probably will be break for a few of them. I think if you have 2 losses 4 games in, promotion is a long shot. Anymore and it's a case of consolidating and trying to stay up. Bookies have it tight with Cavan the only real clear favourite.

Going with Fermanagh away from home in this all Ulster clash. Antrim are at home though, have played well so far and really need the win so won't go down without a fight. But Fermanagh to collect just.
There hasn't been a draw yet in this division so Newry may well be the place to break that particular duck. Both teams in the hunt for promotion, very evenly matched but neither without chinks. Impossible to call.
This battle of Pearse Park is an absolute must win for both teams to start the salvage ops for their respective disappointing seasons. Going with a win for the Munster men simply because they were the least worst of the two that visited Breffni. But hardly a ringing endorsement.
Hope the bookies are proved correct in Tullamore this weekend. I think we'll have enough to eventually outmuscle this young Offaly team which will set us up nicely in the table, keeping momentum. There's good potential in our Sunday opponents but hope they save another day to show their promotion credentials, maybe last round.

Blowitupref

Fermanagh 1-2 without reply in injury time to beat Antrim. Antrim 3-9 Fermanagh 2-13
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Itchy

Quote from: Blowitupref on February 25, 2023, 03:37:57 PM
Fermanagh 1-2 without reply in injury time to beat Antrim. Antrim 3-9 Fermanagh 2-13

Such a collapse by Antrim. They were 8 pts ahead at one stage

Blowitupref

Quote from: Itchy on February 25, 2023, 03:49:38 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on February 25, 2023, 03:37:57 PM

Such a collapse by Antrim. They were 8 pts ahead at one stage
Yes 15 minutes into the 2nd half they led by 8. That win moves Fermangh onto 6 points now, worries about relegation switches to hopes on promotion.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose