NFL Division Three 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Look-Up!

Consistency can be an issue this time of year, training workloads trying to get squads up to speed can effect match day performances, with big variations in the levels from week to week. Doubt anyone will finish with maximum points and literally anyone can beat anyone. Winning is all that counts so from that perspective Down should be very happy with the 2 points. Plus it should stop them (or the bookies more to the point) getting carried away.

Interesting to see if games go to form tomorrow. 5 wins could be enough in this division, there's probably been occasions when 4 wins got you up to D2. So a great chance for 2 more teams to join Down on stealing a march on the rest.
Antrim though, look in a bit of bother and have probably blown any promotion chance. If it wasn't already, avoiding the drop will now be the focus. Either Longford or WMeath will likely be in the same boat tomorrow evening.

snoopdog

Quote from: ardtole on February 04, 2023, 10:09:57 PM
It was definitely entertaining, I can't understand how people were leaving when there was only 3 points in it. Murdock in midfield I thought was very good, took his scores well.
I was the far end of the stand with 3 kids so when Antrim went 4 up we made a move to the corner of the pitch. We were level by time we got there.
Rarely leave early but do make my way sometimes to avoid the mad rush out the one exit.  Never thought div 3 would be easy. Can't go by what happened in McKenna cup

bannside

Heartbreaking not to get a point at least from that. We lost our Captain,  Vice captain, midfielder and CHF at different stages and that lost bit of leadership cost us in the last five or ten minutes when the game was in the balance.

We (Antrim) missed three glorious goal chances last week against Offaly which cost us there, so while 0 from 2 is our return I feel we are can pick up points before the league is over, but it could take two wins at least to have any chance of survival.

Away to Tipp next, that's a huge one for us.

imtommygunn

Fermanagh 1-1 Offaly 1-1 at half time. Some scoring  :o

downtothecore

Antrim are a good team. They have a really good goalkeeper as good as I have seen.

grounded

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 05, 2023, 02:56:46 PM
Fermanagh 1-1 Offaly 1-1 at half time. Some scoring  :o

Westmeath lead by 1 and  Cavan 6 up.

grounded

Westmeath now well on top and cruising lead by 7, amazing how quickly a game can change. Cavan still up by 5, with Fermanagh and Offaly level on 5 apiece.

imtommygunn

Big wins for Westmeath and Cavan while Offaly beat Fermanagh by a point. Bottom end interesting. Top end Cavan likely too strong and I would expect Westmeath too.

Shamrock Shore

Itchy

Jesus what happened in the 2nd half of Westmeath and Longford??

Shamrock Shore

I was there and I cannot fathom it.....saw that happen once before to us. Leinster semi final
V Dubs in 1985. We made Westmeath look like Kerry.

seafoid

Itchy

After a dodgy start, a Dara McVetty inspired Cavan tore Tipp apart to win out by 12 points. McVetty was simply sensational and we've got some new forwards, Ryan O Neill and Oisin Brady especially, who are playing with a lot of confidence. Great to see Paddy Lynch with a bit more game time and 2 weeks now for gearoid McKiernan and James Smith to get closer to fitness. Cavan humming along nicely.

FermGael

I will never endure a worse 38 minutes of "football" than what I witnessed today.

4 scores . 1-1 to 1-1 at half time .

Will somebody think of the children .
Awful stuff.

Second half was a bit better but it couldn't have been much more.

Offaly won it with a point in the last kick of the game .

But Jesus that was a hard watch
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Look-Up!

Cavan will be very happy going into break, same as Down and Offaly.
Still all to play for but Antrim, Longford and Tipp have a lot to ponder.
The latter two especially haven't shown much yet.