The DUP thread

Started by armaghniac, December 31, 2022, 05:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: marty34 on March 27, 2023, 05:27:36 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on March 27, 2023, 04:08:35 PM
Pipe bombs, petrol bombs and masked vigilante groups hanging on street corners "protecting" peoples homes, just another tidy weekend in Newtownards...
Cops watch on.
DUP response, NADA....

DUP should be made stand on steps of Stormont and denounce their fellow travellers.

DUP strangely quiet on this and the only murmurings from the usual Loyalist bloggers is almost welcoming this "purge" when it's really a power struggle for control of the drugs, not some cleansing of Loyalism...

Helicopters over Ards last night, very little on BBC NI, but I bet the biggest show in the country will be all over it as he can probably hear the helicopters from his house.

trailer

Quote from: johnnycool on March 28, 2023, 09:26:07 AM
Pipe bombs, petrol bombs and masked vigilante groups hanging on street corners "protecting" peoples homes, just another tidy weekend in Newtownards...
Cops watch on.
DUP response, NADA....

DUP should be made stand on steps of Stormont and denounce their fellow travellers.

DUP strangely quiet on this and the only murmurings from the usual Loyalist bloggers is almost welcoming this "purge" when it's really a power struggle for control of the drugs, not some cleansing of Loyalism...

Helicopters over Ards last night, very little on BBC NI, but I bet the biggest show in the country will be all over it as he can probably hear the helicopters from his house.

Emma Pengelly was interviewed on GMU this morning about it. I am no DUP supporter but they haven't been quiet.
FWIW I thought Pengelly was giving some political cover to the LCC and by extension these groups.

johnnycool

Quote from: trailer on March 28, 2023, 09:52:12 AM
Cops watch on.
DUP response, NADA....

Emma Pengelly was interviewed on GMU this morning about it. I am no DUP supporter but they haven't been quiet.
FWIW I thought Pengelly was giving some political cover to the LCC and by extension these groups.

What did she say?

trailer

Quote from: johnnycool on March 28, 2023, 09:53:09 AM
Quote from: trailer on March 28, 2023, 09:52:12 AM
Cops watch on.
DUP response, NADA....

What did she say?

They condemn violence and that they will engage with all groups. LCC is to facilitate a move away from violence. They're helping these groups, UDA, UVF etc to move away from criminality. Felt she got an easy enough ride.

imtommygunn

I don't know how the LCC is facilitating a move away from violence when they are continually using thinly veiled threats of violence wrt the protocol. They are in fact doing the opposite.

If they move away from criminality then they don't exist (unless government funding makes them stop that).

She's horrendous.

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 28, 2023, 10:18:32 AM
I don't know how the LCC is facilitating a move away from violence when they are continually using thinly veiled threats of violence wrt the protocol. They are in fact doing the opposite.

If they move away from criminality then they don't exist (unless government funding makes them stop that).

She's horrendous.

The actual existence of the UVF/UDA doesn't ever seem to be questioned and this LCC crap and the DUP in discussions with stakeholders reinforces this crap that somehow these organisations are legitimate and no one bats an eyelid..

imtommygunn

It's ludicrous (I was going to say unbelievable but not so much) there hasn't been significant scrutiny on this and in particular the background of the likes of the guy Campbell etc.

Hereiam

When was the last time a loyalist or anyone for that matter been convicted with being a member of the UDA/UVF ect.
Tells you all you need to know about the state of the law and order in the north.

Walter Cronc

What an utter cesspit of a society we live in. If anything its getting worse

snoopdog

50 yrs in schools??? I'm not 50 and I never had this in either primary or secondary school

johnnycool

Quote from: snoopdog on March 28, 2023, 01:45:34 PM
50 yrs in schools??? I'm not 50 and I never had this in either primary or secondary school

We'd it in Primary school, early 80's.

Cavan19

You would have needed to be able to cycle a bicycle to get on it.  :P

seafoid

Are all transport related issues not segregated by religion up there ?