The DUP thread

Started by armaghniac, December 31, 2022, 05:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Trap

Jeffrey, Arlene, Sammy, Gregory, Nigel, Emma, Ian Og, Edwin, Givan, Carla, Angry Jim, Bryson, Moore, Kate, Ben Habib. Ben Lowry, Nolan

What a line up? No friends anywhere in the world, no strategy......Lowry wants to go back to 1972 to 1998........they would all love that.

At last the world sees them for the clowns that they are........but how can we all move on despite them wanting to hold this place back to a time 30 years ago?

seafoid

Quote from: The Trap on March 23, 2023, 11:52:06 AM
Jeffrey, Arlene, Sammy, Gregory, Nigel, Emma, Ian Og, Edwin, Givan, Carla, Angry Jim, Bryson, Moore, Kate, Ben Habib. Ben Lowry, Nolan

What a line up? No friends anywhere in the world, no strategy......Lowry wants to go back to 1972 to 1998........they would all love that.

At last the world sees them for the clowns that they are........but how can we all move on despite them wanting to hold this place back to a time 30 years ago?
If the voters could gradually abandon them. Allister is deluded
https://twitter.com/JimAllister/status/1638858161464516612
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

smort

TalkBack doing a segment on Shannon's Dolly Parton love

WTF

Ethan Tremblay

Quote from: seafoid on March 23, 2023, 12:16:30 PM

If the voters could gradually abandon them. Allister is deluded
https://twitter.com/JimAllister/status/1638858161464516612

I enjoyed that very much so.
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

Orior

Ben Lowry did actually say that direct rule worked well in the 1970's. Quite unbelievable.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

seafoid

One problem with Unionists is that they don't know who they are. This makes them easy to manipulate.

Hereiam

We all need to step back a bit and revaluate what has happened since the GFA came into being.

From the beginning the DUP did not want this agreement because I'm sure Paisley knew it was the start of the end for majority rule by one side of the community.

Jump forward to present day and the DUP couldn't have been given a better excuse to wreck the GFA once and for all especially now that SF hold the balance of power.

I do believe that this is the end of the line for the GFA if the DUP do not take their seats (which I dont think they will do) as no nationalist party could go into power with them again.

I do believe that if the UUP were in the DUP's position it would be no differnt as the stakeholders will always call the shots.

seafoid

In a democracy , democratic parties accept the results of elections. The DUP and Allister are living in la la land.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Hereiam on March 23, 2023, 02:17:28 PM
We all need to step back a bit and revaluate what has happened since the GFA came into being.

From the beginning the DUP did not want this agreement because I'm sure Paisley knew it was the start of the end for majority rule by one side of the community.

Jump forward to present day and the DUP couldn't have been given a better excuse to wreck the GFA once and for all especially now that SF hold the balance of power.

I do believe that this is the end of the line for the GFA if the DUP do not take their seats (which I dont think they will do) as no nationalist party could go into power with them again.

I do believe that if the UUP were in the DUP's position it would be no differnt as the stakeholders will always call the shots.

You forgot to add that while doing that they have constantly said that it's other people who are in breach of the GFA.

They thrive on division and tbh it's all they've got. What problems that causes from now on I guess time will tell but I don't think they'd be particularly unhappy if the troubles came back(which is not something I could remotely see happening tbh).

seafoid

It's not advisable for Allister to attack the UK Gov or to imply that the Union is over. Because it's behaviour such as his which will end in it being over.

93-DY-SAM

They are Supremacists. It is as pure and simple as that.

AustinPowers

Don't you  mean 300  years ago? 

The  British people have moved on . Only unionists in the north.( and those  bigots in Lewes ) behave like they still live  in the  1600's.

Rossfan

I presume the Irish Government, Brit Govt and the White House are still pinning hope on DUPUDA going back to Stormont.
Have they a plan B at all?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

RedHand88

Quote from: seafoid on March 23, 2023, 03:13:08 PM
It's not advisable for Allister to attack the UK Gov or to imply that the Union is over. Because it's behaviour such as his which will end in it being over.

Shhhh don't be telling him that!

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Rossfan on March 23, 2023, 04:39:10 PM
I presume the Irish Government, Brit Govt and the White House are still pinning hope on DUPUDA going back to Stormont.
Have they a plan B at all?

If it were up to me, there'd be a ruling body comprising representatives from Westminster and the Dail - with potential non-voting representation from Stormont (to basically act as a conduit to the locals) and the US congress (which might up investment).
i usse an speelchekor