Landlordism 2.0

Started by seafoid, May 05, 2021, 08:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: general_lee on March 24, 2023, 02:23:28 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on March 24, 2023, 02:18:36 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/caulmick/status/1639175657245507584?s=48&t=RYtl0Il2l5K_ejkHKyVHiA

Pretty shocking stuff.
Disgrace. Some crowd called Greendrive Asset Holdings. I wonder what the political affiliations of the directors are.

I don't understand

Did the potential buyers not have a legally binding contract?

Why would they give their notice at their current rental, if the contract they were signing for the new house was not legally binding?

gallsman

Quote from: whitey on March 24, 2023, 07:57:04 PM
Quote from: general_lee on March 24, 2023, 02:23:28 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on March 24, 2023, 02:18:36 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/caulmick/status/1639175657245507584?s=48&t=RYtl0Il2l5K_ejkHKyVHiA

Pretty shocking stuff.
Disgrace. Some crowd called Greendrive Asset Holdings. I wonder what the political affiliations of the directors are.

I don't understand

Did the potential buyers not have a legally binding contract?

Why would they give their notice at their current rental, if the contract they were signing for the new house was not legally binding?

No. Sale agreed offers f**k all but can protect both buyer and seller.

pbat

At times you wonder about the people in Ireland, the French are tearing their country apart over having to work till they're 64. Were been gouged by a government as corrupt as the Tories and there vulture fund mates and bar a few young ones getting thrown out of a lecture at Trinity by Eamon Ryan there has hardly been a word raised.

There should be protests outside every independent TD'S office who voted with the government Wednesday night, rather than scaring the shite out of a few refugees in East Wall. 

marty34

Quote from: pbat on March 24, 2023, 08:16:12 PM
At times you wonder about the people in Ireland, the French are tearing their country apart over having to work till they're 64. Were been gouged by a government as corrupt as the Tories and there vulture fund mates and bar a few young ones getting thrown out of a lecture at Trinity by Eamon Ryan there has hardly been a word raised.

There should be protests outside every independent TD'S office who voted with the government Wednesday night, rather than scaring the shite out of a few refugees in East Wall.

100%.

armaghniac

Quote from: pbat on March 24, 2023, 08:16:12 PM

Protests to what purpose? If people want to do something then go and repair an old house so that it can be occupied.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: clarshack on March 24, 2023, 09:27:01 PM
Most people in Ireland have the 'I'm alright Jack' attitude.
There's also the fact that if they did somehow go out and protest they'd probably be labelled 'Far Right' and people here seem to be petrified of being labelled.

Just keep voting them in, you get what you deserve
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

And the "alright" people vote while only a small percentage of those who aren't "alright"  do so.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

trileacman

Quote from: Rossfan on March 24, 2023, 09:38:56 PM

And the "alright" people vote while only a small percentage of those who aren't "alright"  do so.
[/quote

And who's fault is that?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Rossfan

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 24, 2023, 09:31:47 PM
There's also the fact that if they did somehow go out and protest they'd probably be labelled 'Far Right' and people here seem to be petrified of being labelled.

Just keep voting them in, you get what you deserve
That oul democracy stuff is a nuisance alright ;D

Rossfan

Quote from: trileacman on March 24, 2023, 09:40:29 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on March 24, 2023, 09:38:56 PM

[/quote

And who's fault is that?

You can't make people vote.

trileacman

Quote from: Rossfan on March 24, 2023, 09:41:44 PM

True. My point is someone who complains about how the country is run, without using their democratic right to influence how it's run, is a gobshite.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trileacman on March 24, 2023, 09:45:39 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on March 24, 2023, 09:41:44 PM

True. My point is someone who complains about how the country is run, without using their democratic right to influence how it's run, is a gobshite.

For around 70/80 years the Ulster Unionists party was the largest party, they couldn't win at tiddlywinks now. Votes matter (not that these Cnuts DUP are an improvement)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Look-Up!

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2023/0323/1365936-baldoyle-scheme-refused-permission/

Planning for about 1200 homes refused. They don't want to go high in the cities or get too developed, don't want to over develop commuter villages incase it's the catalyst for more development and they don't want you building on your own land in the countryside but they estimate we're underpopulated and 10 million is the number we're heading for.

Is there a coherent plan between any of them.

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/ireland/housing-planning/2023/03/31/eviction-ban-horror-movie-for-tenants-as-thousands-face-possible-eviction-from-tomorrow/

Fr McVerry added: "There's no good time to lift the eviction ban. But during the eviction ban, it would have been hoped that measures would have been put in place to mitigate the worst effects of the eviction ban. If we had extended it for 12 months, you know, we could have 7,000 modular units on site in the next 12 months if we wanted to."
When asked if he had any advice for people faced with a termination notice, Fr McVerry said "I don't have any advice to give them. I'm sorry. To be honest, they are going to be evicted. They're going to be possibly on the street. Of course, go to your local council and look for emergency accommodation. If the local council doesn't have it, I don't know what you do, to be honest... I mean, that's just the nightmare. That's the nightmare."
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/2023/04/04/typical-income-for-irish-house-buyers-rises-by-nearly-50-in-a-decade-to-71300/
The median income of those buying with a mortgage was €79,200 in 2021 (up from €56,700 in 2012) compared with €49,900 for buyers without a mortgage (up from €37,100 in 2012). The median is the middle point between the lowest and highest value mortgages.

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/programme-for-government-wrong-to-put-faith-in-private-builders-1.4286542
The previous Government's housing strategy, Rebuilding Ireland, was launched in 2016. At the time, fewer than 10,000 new homes were being built annually and the median sales price was €250,000 nationally. The Department of Housing introduced a series of policy initiatives to improve developer "viability". By 2019 the median price of new home was €335,000 nationally and €390,000 in Dublin. Good for developers, not for buyers. Most recently, the property sector claims that developing an apartment in Dublin costs €460,000. The State and their agents are also active, buying up one quarter of all new market homes, for social housing last year. The "half a million euro" social home is now established in policy, and at a time when the Minister confirms an "all-in" cost of less than €250,000 nationally, for a two-bedroom apartment developed by local authoritie
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU