Who’s Been Cancelled??

Started by screenexile, June 20, 2020, 11:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Was the Salah on Martinez incident a 'sold down the River' example?

laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on March 06, 2023, 03:37:41 PM
Was the Salah on Martinez incident a 'sold down the River' example?
It was definitely a fall flat on yer arse moment 😂
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

tonto1888

Quote from: J70 on March 05, 2023, 12:58:04 PM
Before it was posted here, I'd never heard of the issue with these idioms.

Someone said the story was a few years old.

So is it an actual thing that had an impact or some hyped up non-story from the white grievance merchants?

we have been told not to use it, along with a couple of other phrases, in work

Main Street

https://ionainstitute.ie/news-roundup/university-of-limerick-cancels-mary-kenny-invitation/

Mary Kenny cancelled by Limerick University  (Limerick has a university?). Apparently the Sunday Times has rallied to support her,   eh not quite the Sunday Times but ST columnist Rod Liddle a well known racist/am not a racist, I just have other opinions on immigrants and generally lean towards ultra right, Milwall fan, one who has left his wife and ran away with a young 'un, penned an article in support of typhoid Mary.
I have to admit I am puzzled why any university in its right mind would invite typhoid Mary to speak at whatever event in the first place, surely there are 5 billion more educated, intelligent  and rational candidates.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Main Street on March 07, 2023, 01:45:15 AM
https://ionainstitute.ie/news-roundup/university-of-limerick-cancels-mary-kenny-invitation/

Mary Kenny cancelled by Limerick University  (Limerick has a university?). Apparently the Sunday Times has rallied to support her,   eh not quite the Sunday Times but ST columnist Rod Liddle a well known racist/am not a racist, I just have other opinions on immigrants and generally lean towards ultra right, Milwall fan, one who has left his wife and ran away with a young 'un, penned an article in support of typhoid Mary.
I have to admit I am puzzled why any university in its right mind would invite typhoid Mary to speak at whatever event in the first place, surely there are 5 billion more educated, intelligent  and rational candidates.
Ti be fair, she did serious work for womens rights 50 years ago. But she became very contrary over the past while. UL should have stuck to their guns and not let Twitter decide for them.

smort

quit yo jibbajabba

Cancel our tv license dd's. Whos with me? Someone go set up a fb group i cant be arsed 😊

pbat

FFS probably have Jenas to put up with now.

smort

J70

Attenborough hasn't been cancelled.

He is being censored by people afraid of right wingers who don't want to acknowledge the undeniable reality of the damage being done to the planet.

Attenborough's integrity and dignity and reputation are fully intact.

And hopefully this only serves to increase the audience for this program!

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote@IanWright0
Everybody knows what Match of the Day means to me, but I've told the BBC I won't be doing it tomorrow. Solidarity.

Good man Wrighty

AustinPowers

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 10, 2023, 05:31:29 PM
Quote@IanWright0
Everybody knows what Match of the Day means to me, but I've told the BBC I won't be doing it tomorrow. Solidarity.

Good man Wrighty

Oh Christ , you know  what this means then.....Jermaine f*ckin Jenas!!

RedHand88

Quote from: AustinPowers on March 10, 2023, 05:36:15 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 10, 2023, 05:31:29 PM
Quote@IanWright0

Good man Wrighty

Oh Christ , you know  what this means then.....Jermaine f*ckin Jenas!!

Nah he'll be the first one to jump ship now.

square_ball

Shearer not going on tomorrow either.

BBC have made some mess of this.