Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty34

Are all the county lads now back in with the clubs now?

Jonkunlon

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

SaffronSports

County season is done but it'll be interesting to see if many go out to the States this summer. Quite a few went out last year.

On the Championship, I fully believe when Dunloy's run ends it's Loughgiel coming behind them and think there will be some serious battles between the two over the next few seasons.

imtommygunn

Dunloy players on the go constantly with club final etc. Could probably do with a break.

Upandover

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 04, 2023, 08:43:11 PM
Quote from: Jonkunlon on June 04, 2023, 08:25:30 PM
Think it will be a few years before Dunloy are caught. Sadly, for the county, there is only 1 club capable of doing so. Not a good situation. Having said that, great work going on with hurling in many NA juvenile teams.

That's true to a point but my young nephew is on a team that's working hard and 'competing' but yes the NA teams are pretty good

We were invited to play naomh padraig in armoy a few weeks back at u10.5, best team ive seen at that age group by a considerable margin.

NorthAntrim

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 04, 2023, 09:38:10 PM
Dunloy players on the go constantly with club final etc. Could probably do with a break.

couple of fresh faces to add to the squad this year to keep things ticking

johnnycool

We ended up holding onto a top 6 place even after getting beat yesterday in Ballycastle which is a marked improvement for us considering we've been in the relegation mix for a few years now.

I'll be better preparation for us going into the championship even if we'll be sick of the sight of our neighbours by the end of the year.

Saffrongael

Quote from: johnnycool on June 05, 2023, 11:28:49 AM
We ended up holding onto a top 6 place even after getting beat yesterday in Ballycastle which is a marked improvement for us considering we've been in the relegation mix for a few years now.

I'll be better preparation for us going into the championship even if we'll be sick of the sight of our neighbours by the end of the year.

Saving on diesel  ;)
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

marty34

Quote from: Upandover on June 04, 2023, 09:54:28 PM
Think it will be a few years before Dunloy are caught. Sadly, for the county, there is only 1 club capable of doing so. Not a good situation. Having said that, great work going on with hurling in many NA juvenile teams.

That's true to a point but my young nephew is on a team that's working hard and 'competing' but yes the NA teams are pretty good

We were invited to play naomh padraig in armoy a few weeks back at u10.5, best team ive seen at that age group by a considerable margin.

Is it U10.5 or U11.5?

Jonkunlon

I would imagine he is referring to U11.5. They are on a different planet to the rest.

Saffrongael

Quote from: Jonkunlon on June 05, 2023, 12:15:42 PM
I would imagine he is referring to U11.5. They are on a different planet to the rest.

Yeah they won a tournament in Na Magha at the weekend, think it's just a very strong group as not sure NP as strong at other age groups. Fair play to them regardless
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

keep her low this half

Quote from: Upandover on June 04, 2023, 09:54:28 PM

St Olcans Armoy won the Cumman Na Bunscoil North Antrim competition about two weeks ago. Some achievement for a school with 50-60 pupils. Hope springs eternal.

imtommygunn

Hopefully they'll find one or two more Clutes from the area!

johnnycool

Quote from: Saffrongael on June 05, 2023, 11:36:06 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on June 05, 2023, 11:28:49 AM

Saving on diesel  ;)

Edit, Ports are in the bottom section even though on a three way tie they'd a better scoring difference to the other two, Mcquillans got the 6th spot on the worst score difference of them, Ports and Ruairi O'gs.

Must be other factors at play.