A must for any Music Lover (in the 6 Counties)

Started by Smokin Joe, January 18, 2009, 08:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokin Joe

Don't know if anyone here has heard of Spotify.

Here is a recent write up about it; http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/jan/16/downloading-music-spotify

There is a link that temporarily is allowing sign ups from the UK; https://www.spotify.com/en/get-started/

I have tried it, and it is pretty amazing - as much music as you want, no downloading required and just the very occasional advert.

Square Ball

Signed up for it, some one has square ball already  >:(
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Our Nail Loney

Will sign up for it, but I am not so sure it will be a big hit for me, what if I wanted the music on my iPod? Its ok listening from your computer..

Our Nail Loney

Downloaded and logged in there, am impressed with it, could be a good thing if I was looking to download or buy some cds, use it as a tester...

I like the GUI, very similar to iTunes though?

tyrone exile

http://listen.grooveshark.com/

theres a website you can listen to music, no need to download any programs. Not sure if its as good as Spotify tho.
I download all my music through firefox, no virus' or any of that crap on the computer!

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 18, 2009, 10:11:53 PM
Do yous know most songs would be on you tube.

This thing has no streaming though pints, its instant, don't ask me how but it delivers...

Have been listening to Jimi Hendrix for the last twenty minutes or so as I am downloading some of his music at the minute and was looking a little taster, I think I will put this spotify thing to good use alright...

Our Nail Loney

Hold on, big brownie points from me here, I did a search and they actually have some Alan Fletcher stuff on it!! Brilliant!!

(For those who don't know, Alan Fletcher is the legend who plays Dr Karl Kennedy on Neighbours, and of Waiting Room fame)

fitzroyalty

Rufus T Firefly

Showing my ignorance here - but is it possible to download tracks from Spotify - free of charge - to your computer?

johnneycool

Square Ball

Quote from: johnneycool on January 20, 2009, 12:53:26 PM
do you need an invitation for spotify now?

Yip JC, seemed to start yesterday. Each registered user seems to have 10 invites to use, I have used 2 already... for a small fee and all that ;)

Smokin Joe

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on January 20, 2009, 11:54:55 AM
Showing my ignorance here - but is it possible to download tracks from Spotify - free of charge - to your computer?
Rufus, there is no need to download the tracks onto your PC.  The tracks just play automatically (as if you were listening to a CD for example).

You can't download them for use on an Ipod or MP3 player for example.

Our Nail Loney

How can i use my invites?? Wanna let a fella in work get it, or anyone else here who wants it if they can show me how?

Square Ball

when you log in it tell you that you have 10 invites, click in share, then this will bring you to a new page, them click on create invatation and stick in theire e-mail address, there you go....