China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: gallsman on March 23, 2020, 10:56:16 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on March 23, 2020, 10:07:58 PM
Quote from: gallsman on March 23, 2020, 10:05:13 PM
Quote from: screenexile on March 23, 2020, 09:58:56 PM
From what I can gather sites/factories/offices are still open!!

This will grind to a halt too. Geneva (where my company HQ) is has banned all construction activities. We're currently expecting it to be extended throughout the rest of Europe and the US in time.

" Industry is continuing to deliver on contractually agreed commitments for public and private sector clients while adhering to HSE and Chief Medical officer requirements/ recommendations.  The industry and its 147,000 employees are critical to both the economy and wider society as essential emergency works, housing, hospitals, roads, schools and other projects are delivered."

CIF has us down as essential, horrible frauds .
It. Will. Stop. If it's not producing food or medicine, it will stop.

My company is part of the food supply chain and, like I said, our construction is stopping or has already stopped.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 23, 2020, 10:54:25 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on March 23, 2020, 10:48:29 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 23, 2020, 10:43:24 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on March 23, 2020, 10:38:20 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 23, 2020, 10:07:05 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on March 23, 2020, 10:03:58 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on March 23, 2020, 09:00:59 PM
That is completely uncalled for. Who the hell do you think you are??

Is it f**k.

They were happy to sit on their holes and draw a wage for years while doing nothing.

Now a few big decisions come up and they completely f**k them up, one after the other after the other. Learning nothing from elsewhere.

We'd be much better off without Stormont.

Agreed

I don't get it? Why was it uncalled for?

No I'm in agreement it's not uncalled for. Stormont does not work.

Don't know about anyone else but I don't see the need to have a dig at a display of emotion at this time. Have a go at their decision making by all means. No need for the cheap digs.

No sorry you are wrong. My wife is frontline. She currently is at work with no ppe. She can't get tested. She's at great risk, mostly due to very poor leadership at Stormont.. Their message was weak from the beginning. These are not cheap digs. This is serious stuff. Every message they have given has been vague and muddled
So post about that. Don't use a cheap dig about a show of emotion to make the point. I don't feel the need to get into a big discussion on it. My view is it lacks class.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

larryin89

Quote from: redzone on March 23, 2020, 10:40:32 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on March 23, 2020, 10:07:58 PM
Quote from: gallsman on March 23, 2020, 10:05:13 PM
Quote from: screenexile on March 23, 2020, 09:58:56 PM
From what I can gather sites/factories/offices are still open!!

This will grind to a halt too. Geneva (where my company HQ) is has banned all construction activities. We're currently expecting it to be extended throughout the rest of Europe and the US in time.

" Industry is continuing to deliver on contractually agreed commitments for public and private sector clients while adhering to HSE and Chief Medical officer requirements/ recommendations.  The industry and its 147,000 employees are critical to both the economy and wider society as essential emergency works, housing, hospitals, roads, schools and other projects are delivered."

CIF has us down as essential, horrible frauds .
Why can't you stay at home if you don't want to go in. Either that or maybe start a diary

Stay at home = no job to go back to plus any package govt come up with for people let go due to covid19 will not include people who just leave their job .

Why should building sites stay open = cause CIF are frauds , unions are corrupt and the industry is up to its neck In bogus self employment. Construction sector is no better than gangsterism at the top
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

armaghniac

Many forms of construction do not require people to be within 2m of each other. What is required that these sites are properly run, not closed.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: trueblue1234 on March 23, 2020, 11:04:01 PM

Is it f**k.

They were happy to sit on their holes and draw a wage for years while doing nothing.

Now a few big decisions come up and they completely f**k them up, one after the other after the other. Learning nothing from elsewhere.

Agreed

Don't know about anyone else but I don't see the need to have a dig at a display of emotion at this time. Have a go at their decision making by all means. No need for the cheap digs.

No sorry you are wrong. My wife is frontline. She currently is at work with no ppe. She can't get tested. She's at great risk, mostly due to very poor leadership at Stormont.. Their message was weak from the beginning. These are not cheap digs. This is serious stuff. Every message they have given has been vague and muddled
So post about that. Don't use a cheap dig about a show of emotion to make the point. I don't feel the need to get into a big discussion on it. My view is it lacks class.

If you were paying attention you will have noticed that I have been doing that. But we should not paper over the inadequacies of Stormont because of a few tears. They have put us at risk. This is big boy stuff, these are not cheap shots. I've seen tears of fear this last week and it's been exacerbated by the folks on the hill

larryin89

Quote from: armaghniac on March 23, 2020, 11:11:06 PM
Many forms of construction do not require people to be within 2m of each other. What is required that these sites are properly run, not closed.

Mental stuff , some sites don't even have toilet roll ffs. Pass me that shovel, the one Tom used earlier , jack used before that and rob spat all over the handle . Honestly I promise you , it's impossible . There is no way to keep guidelines adhered to .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

trueblue1234

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 23, 2020, 11:18:16 PM

Is it f**k.

Agreed

If you were paying attention you will have noticed that I have been doing that. But we should not paper over the inadequacies of Stormont because of a few tears. They have put us at risk. This is big boy stuff, these are not cheap shots. I've seen tears of fear this last week and it's been exacerbated by the folks on the hill
Firstly I don't go looking for your posts. Secondly, your entitled to your opinion. I disagree with it and in my opinion the post lacked class. Nothing you've said has changed that view for me. I don't disagree that Stormont has been pretty useless. But that doesn't change my view on the post.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: trueblue1234 on March 23, 2020, 11:26:37 PM

Is it f**k.

Agreed

Firstly I don't go looking for your posts. Secondly, your entitled to your opinion. I disagree with it and in my opinion the post lacked class. Nothing you've said has changed that view for me. I don't disagree that Stormont has been pretty useless. But that doesn't change my view on the post.

I think you should read back. You will find I didn't post it, I replied. BTW the main reason we have Stormont back up on running is because the nurses were run into the ground by 3 years of inaction by sf/dup.  3 years leaving us much less prepared for this crisis. Sf and dup don't get many votes out of Altnagelvin these days.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 23, 2020, 11:37:43 PM

Is it f**k.

Agreed

I think you should read back. You will find I didn't post it, I replied. BTW the main reason we have Stormont back up on running is because the nurses were run into the ground by 3 years of inaction by sf/dup.  3 years leaving us much less prepared for this crisis. Sf and dup don't get many votes out of Altnagelvin these days.
I know you didn't post it. But you took issue with my response to it. You seem to be under some illusion I'm defending Stormont here. Im not sure why.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: trueblue1234 on March 23, 2020, 11:47:07 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 23, 2020, 11:37:43 PM

Is it f**k.

Agreed

I know you didn't post it. But you took issue with my response to it. You seem to be under some illusion I'm defending Stormont here. Im not sure why.

Seems to be cross wires.

Main Street

Doesn't matter what,  but no one defends Stormont.

Joeythelips

😵 It's a pandemic on the loose, any jobs that are not essential to the battle or cannot be done at home should be stopped and the people supported financially via social welfare. This pandemic will have plenty of permanent affects on society if we want to be prepared for future ones.

Solo_run

I work in pharmaceutical industry and my employer turns over 20+ billion a year (correction: it is valued at 20+ billion). They won't fork out on licenses for us to use software at home on our computers. Instead, they are willing to let us go into work and get the virus and spread it.

The other week a colleague that works opposite me went to Portugal. He has since been diagnosed with Covid 19. I have seen this colleague since he returned but was on holiday last week. Bearing in mind someone can be contagious upto 14 days before showing symptoms my work haven't bothered telling me I could be infected.

A colleagues dad died at the weekend and they are waiting on post mortem results and I suspect it's from Covid 19. My managers have not told anyone in the office what has happened. They havent even said why the person is off work.

I find my workplace incredibly stupid, negligent and ignorant towards this virus and they have put me at risk of passing on the virus to my elderly parents and my family.

I'm due back in to work in Wednesday and I have given them an ultimatum. Either they sort out a way for me to work from home or I will leave with immediate effect. I appreciate not everyone can do this but i'm angry with how tight the company is, how piss poor the management is and how they are not telling us about people in the office being off sick.

I don't think they can afford to lose 2 workers for the next two weeks but I think losing our jobs is inevitable with the looming recession that will hit.

armaghniac

Quote from: Joeythelips on March 24, 2020, 12:01:17 AM

😵 It's a pandemic on the loose, any jobs that are not essential to the battle or cannot be done at home should be stopped and the people supported financially via social welfare. This pandemic will have plenty of permanent affects on society if we want to be prepared for future ones.

If people's jobs do not put them at risk then someone is needed to pay for the social welfare.

armaghniac

Spain is quickly descending into an Italian style situation. It appears that the staff from some old people's home have simply run off, and the army was sent  it they found dead people. This is not uncommon in epidemics like this and of course those staff were likely not provided with any protective gear.