laoislad

England getting the easy group again.

England
Iran
USA
Wales/Scotland/Ukraine

Qatar vs Ecuador opening game of World Cup

All groups here:

https://twitter.com/fifaworldcup/status/1509943669629018120?s=21&t=6Wx_S1F_xzpk9F_4p91CBg
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

dec

Group A: Qatar, Ecuador, Netherlands, Senegal

Group B: England, Iran, USA, Scotland/Wales/Ukraine

Group C: Argentina, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, Poland

Group D: France, UAE/Australia/Peru, Denmark, Tunisia

Group E: Spain, Costa Rica/New Zealand, Germany, Japan

Group F: Belgium, Canada, Morocco, Croatia

Group G: Brazil, Serbia, Switzerland, Cameroon

Group H: Portugal, Ghana, Uruguay, South Korea

Capt Pat

England got an easy enough draw but Iran are playing next to home so won't be too put out by the conditions and the USA won't be pushovers any more.

There is no outstanding candidate for group of death although it will probably be the Spain, Germany, Japan, qualifier group.

I can't wait.

An Watcher

It's some draw for England.  Looks like qatar or Senegal in 2nd round, argies in quarters.  Maybe the Dutch could slip into second place

Captain Obvious

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Capt Pat on April 01, 2022, 06:28:48 PM
England got an easy enough draw but Iran are playing next to home so won't be too put out by the conditions and the USA won't be pushovers any more.

There is no outstanding candidate for group of death although it will probably be the Spain, Germany, Japan, qualifier group.

I can't wait.

Funny i was gona say Brazils group for group of death but theres none really....

shark

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 01, 2022, 06:52:49 PM
That draw was a bit meh..

Always the case in World Cup. Will be worse next time out with European teams making up an even smaller percentage. Decent chance that all bar 1 of Euro teams will make second round. Maybe 2.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Capt Pat on April 01, 2022, 06:28:48 PM

I can't wait.

They are awful - they struggled in qualifying

Milltown Row2

England got to semifinals and finals of last two tournaments, most groups they'll get out off
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

Draw probably a bit meh due to the move from 24 to 32. Also a few places undecided

Gabriel_Hurl

The draw for 2026 might last the whole weekend

ardtole

I have Spain backed to win it since the Euros. I think their posession football in the extreme conditions will be effective in tiring teams out.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: laoislad on April 01, 2022, 08:10:21 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on April 01, 2022, 07:49:58 PM
Draw probably a bit meh due to the move from 24 to 32. Also a few places undecided
The World Cup has had 32 teams since 1998?!

Ah just ignore me lol. Gettin mixed up with the euros which increases next time round? Im away for a drink 😃

Armagh18

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on April 01, 2022, 08:42:21 PM
Quote from: laoislad on April 01, 2022, 08:10:21 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on April 01, 2022, 07:49:58 PM
The World Cup has had 32 teams since 1998?!

Ah just ignore me lol. Gettin mixed up with the euros which increases next time round? Im away for a drink 😃
The Euros went from 16 to 24 in 2016 I think. Does it increase again?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ardtole on April 01, 2022, 08:37:49 PM
I have Spain backed to win it since the Euros. I think their posession football in the extreme conditions will be effective in tiring teams out.

Will it be that hot in November?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea