Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sam03/05

How would it be too late to start
There is a split season - that's the reason why we are playing the AI final in July and our best inter county games in winter and April / May

So that clubs have July ( probably) Aug / Sept / Oct to play

clarshack

Quote from: marty34 on March 20, 2023, 02:28:16 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 20, 2023, 01:56:29 PM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on March 20, 2023, 01:45:36 PM
Quote from: sam03/05 on March 12, 2023, 01:11:11 PM
Mid May start date

Too late or about right do you reckon? Armagh leagues start this week AFAIK.

Tyrone must be the last county to start league games?

Surely given the split season it's about right? Don't think there's any appetite in Tyrone to play the leagues without county men. Surprised given the timeframe that so many teams out playing games so early. The new schedule was a perfect opportunity to have a shorted defined club season.

Totally agree.

Why were there teams playing matches in February?

They probably started training in Jan and will be starting championship in say, late August, September time.

Crazy stuff. And we wonder why lads are burnt out training 3 times a week.

I thought also that the split season was to do away with all this.  Seems to me to be managers and coaches etc. wanting to stay on the gravy train.

It's maybe time to do away with the Ulster Leagues as them starting in February gives the mercenary coaches the perfect excuse to start training in Dec/Jan.

marty34

Quote from: clarshack on March 20, 2023, 04:25:07 PM
Quote from: marty34 on March 20, 2023, 02:28:16 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 20, 2023, 01:56:29 PM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on March 20, 2023, 01:45:36 PM
Quote from: sam03/05 on March 12, 2023, 01:11:11 PM
Mid May start date

Too late or about right do you reckon? Armagh leagues start this week AFAIK.

Tyrone must be the last county to start league games?

Surely given the split season it's about right? Don't think there's any appetite in Tyrone to play the leagues without county men. Surprised given the timeframe that so many teams out playing games so early. The new schedule was a perfect opportunity to have a shorted defined club season.

Totally agree.

Why were there teams playing matches in February?

They probably started training in Jan and will be starting championship in say, late August, September time.

Crazy stuff. And we wonder why lads are burnt out training 3 times a week.

I thought also that the split season was to do away with all this.  Seems to me to be managers and coaches etc. wanting to stay on the gravy train.

It's maybe time to do away with the Ulster Leagues as them starting in February gives the mercenary coaches the perfect excuse to start training in Dec/Jan.

Fair point or at least move them back 1 month.

Why does each league start in each county? Anybody know?

Christmas Lights

Antrim started at Start of March,  they are 3 league games in already,  playing league matches at 10am on Sunday mornings but then the county board there doesn't really care about the football, all about the hurling.

Armagh start this week AFAIK
Down 14th April for senior league,  their junior leagues about 2 weeks earlier, think something similar for Fermanagh.
Think the ulster leagues are near completion which probably means a few more counties will be kicking into action soon.

Tyrone seems to be a lot later than most.  Guts of 5 / 6 months training before league starts......Scunder ye if your a player.

Eire90

is tyrone league games for seniors still friday nights.

PMG1

Quote from: Eire90 on March 21, 2023, 04:35:13 AM
is tyrone league games for seniors still friday nights.
Yes still Friday nights

TyroneClubs

Quote from: Christmas Lights on March 20, 2023, 11:29:01 PM
Antrim started at Start of March,  they are 3 league games in already,  playing league matches at 10am on Sunday mornings but then the county board there doesn't really care about the football, all about the hurling.

Down 14th April for senior league,  their junior leagues about 2 weeks earlier, think something similar for Fermanagh.
Think the ulster leagues are near completion which probably means a few more counties will be kicking into action soon.

Tyrone seems to be a lot later than most.  Guts of 5 / 6 months training before league starts......Scunder ye if your a player.

On your last point. I am scundered. Only reason I'm still playing is because it's my friends I play with. There's no enjoyment anymore but I feel I'll disconnect from the lads if I pack it in. Has to be more to life than 6 days a week including Sunday morning sessions

clarshack

Quote from: TyroneClubs on March 24, 2023, 07:51:28 PM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on March 20, 2023, 11:29:01 PM

On your last point. I am scundered. Only reason I'm still playing is because it's my friends I play with. There's no enjoyment anymore but I feel I'll disconnect from the lads if I pack it in. Has to be more to life than 6 days a week including Sunday morning sessions

Yes there is more to life.

square_ball

Still 2 months out from the start of the league. I assume clubs are training flat out?

GaelTheGael

Quote from: square_ball on March 25, 2023, 08:31:11 AM
Still 2 months out from the start of the league. I assume clubs are training flat out?
Moortown and Derrylaughan have four months training over them at this stage.

on the sideline

Quote from: GaelTheGael on March 25, 2023, 09:15:47 AM
Quote from: square_ball on March 25, 2023, 08:31:11 AM
Moortown and Derrylaughan have four months training over them at this stage.

Be quare and sick of football and training by time leagues start.

sam03/05

No need for it - just keeps the brown envelopes coming
Training be time enough starting in march - that still offers a two month pre season
Which is more than enough.

clarshack

Quote from: sam03/05 on March 25, 2023, 10:41:36 AM
No need for it - just keeps the brown envelopes coming
Training be time enough starting in march - that still offers a two month pre season
Which is more than enough.

Absolutely.

marty34

Yeah, not Tyrone GAA's fault. They've set good date for start of league.

Club managers get lads out too early, for their own benefit. Lads are then fed up - burnt out.

Ulster GAA shouldn't start their league until 1 month later.  That might help.

Mikhailov

Quote from: marty34 on March 25, 2023, 11:53:05 AM
Yeah, not Tyrone GAA's fault. They've set good date for start of league.

Club managers get lads out too early, for their own benefit. Lads are then fed up - burnt out.

Ulster GAA shouldn't start their league until 1 month later.  That might help.

If the Ulster league started a month later then it would struggle to get teams to enter as every county start much earlier than Tyrone.

Nearly every county will have started at least 4 weeks before Tyrone. Antrim have 3 games already played and Armagh starts this weekend. Derry & down in 2 weeks time

The big difficulty for Tyrone teams going forward for the next 6 weeks is that they will find it very difficult to get friendly games from early April onwards as every other county will have started or are due to start.