Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: theskull1 on April 23, 2016, 07:52:39 AM
What's truely sad is how many allow the screen in front of them to tell them how and what to think.
That is how our brains work most of the time
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

BennyCake

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on April 23, 2016, 07:26:56 AM
Had a boy on my fb thanking all those who had contacted him with messages of support....... :o

Well, you have to ask then - why is he on your FB?

quit yo jibbajabba

Friend liked it. Ye know that shizzle down the side. Sorry for exaggerating  ;D

From the Bunker

Princess Diana was the greatest Hyperbole when it came to overstating a death! Jez, some people lost the run of themselves as to her importance.

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 23, 2016, 12:48:54 PM
Princess Diana was the greatest Hyperbole when it came to overstating a death! Jez, some people lost the run of themselves as to her importance.
I was in London for it. Madness
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Syferus

Quote from: Nigel White on April 23, 2016, 12:57:39 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 23, 2016, 12:15:15 AM
Quote from: laoislad on April 23, 2016, 12:04:57 AM
Quote from: Syferus on April 22, 2016, 11:52:43 PM
Brutal year for music. Bowie and Prince in particular had so much left to give the world.
What exactly? A cure for cancer?
It's never nice to see anyone die but this outpouring of grief when a famous person dies always amuses me.
He sang songs ffs.
+1.
Much as it breaks my heart to agree with you I have to say that I do in this case. The world is besotted by famous people. Prince dying? So what. Now if he was a heart surgeon who had the potential to save 100 lives each year, now there's a tragedy

Music touches people in more intimate and immediate ways that maybe any other type of art. It becomes attached to emotions and moments in your life and it perseveres them.

A world without art or genius isn't a world worth living in. Utilitarianism is sheer nonsense. It's a pity people try to peddle that sort of stuff. There's room, and a need, for art and practicality in the world.

sid waddell

Much as it breaks my heart to agree with you I have to say that I do in this case. The world is besotted by famous people. Prince dying? So what. Now if he was a heart surgeon who had the potential to save 100 lives each year, now there's a tragedy
Cormac McAnallen dying? So what?

BennyHarp

Quote from: sid waddell on April 23, 2016, 02:27:48 PM
Cormac McAnallen dying? So what?

::)
That was never a square ball!!

Harold Disgracey

David Beresford, journalist and author of the superb Ten Men Dead, aged 68.

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on April 23, 2016, 02:00:39 PM
I was in London for it. Madness

Feck if there was ever a place to be (or in this case not to be) it was London at that time! The rubbish i encountered in small town West of Ireland was bad enough at the time.

BennyCake

Great time to be a florist in London though!

gallsman

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on April 23, 2016, 02:45:12 PM
David Beresford, journalist and author of the superb Ten Men Dead, aged 68.

Best book to do with the troubles I've read. Heartbreaking at times. I thankfully missed the worst of the troubles but there are events like Bloody Sunday and the hungerstrikes that resonate with Irish men and women of all ages and in the case of the hungerstrikes, that book is a large part of it in my opinion. A must read for all.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: gallsman on April 23, 2016, 09:57:32 PM
Best book to do with the troubles I've read. Heartbreaking at times. I thankfully missed the worst of the troubles but there are events like Bloody Sunday and the hungerstrikes that resonate with Irish men and women of all ages and in the case of the hungerstrikes, that book is a large part of it in my opinion. A must read for all.

Agreed - wonderful book - once you start reading, you will not want to put it down.

BennyCake

Soul singer, Billy Paul, of 'Me & Mrs Jones' fame, aged 80.

StGallsGAA

Bad week for singers...