Businesses the have acted the cnut during the Coronavirus Outbreak

Started by Franko, March 25, 2020, 11:44:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dire Ear

Tony Baloney

Sainsbury's have cut back massively on their deals, but they'd no doubt counter that by saying low prices encourage multiple purchases. Haven't seen any massive increase in prices all the same, however with everyone at home and 3 boys (plus me) eating flat out, I'm sure we are getting through 200 a week on groceries  :(

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 01, 2020, 04:57:22 PM
Sainsbury's have cut back massively on their deals, but they'd no doubt counter that by saying low prices encourage multiple purchases. Haven't seen any massive increase in prices all the same, however with everyone at home and 3 boys (plus me) eating flat out, I'm sure we are getting through 200 a week on groceries  :(

No fuel no going out for dinner drinks no Mickey ds for kids no eating out at lunch lots of other less shit to lose money! 200 a week is good value!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

marty34

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 01, 2020, 06:29:01 PM

No fuel no going out for dinner drinks no Mickey ds for kids no eating out at lunch lots of other less shit to lose money! 200 a week is good value!

We're, including kids, at eating a lot of snacks and junk during the day.

Routine completely out the window!!

imtommygunn

If it's not corona virus it'll be diabetes lol.

All the nephews we bought Easter eggs for are in isolation so they'll need eaten too!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: marty34 on April 01, 2020, 06:43:22 PM

We're, including kids, at eating a lot of snacks and junk during the day.

Routine completely out the window!!

We are surprisingly having dinner every night as a family!! Strangest thing. Yes! The two Harps, around dinner time ain't helping then couple glasses of the red stuff after nine not good either!

I've managed to have a good training regime going though! Poor dogs getting walked flat out and the garage weight room is being used!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

True enough there are savings in there too. North Antrim mentality to look at the outgoings  ;)

The missus made a full Sunday roast chicken dinner today. Not much working from home done for a while after it! Taking a while to get into the way of things.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

I'm spending a fortune on the messages. Is messages just a Derry thing or do the rest of yous use it. It's messages or goods we use, mostly messages and never groceries

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: hardstation on April 01, 2020, 09:19:02 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 01, 2020, 09:02:35 PM
I'm spending a fortune on the messages. Is messages just a Derry thing or do the rest of yous use it. It's messages or goods we use, mostly messages and never groceries
Messages or groceries in Belfast. Sometimes rations. Never goods.

We could be getting the ration books out again

Milltown Row2

nrico2006

Messages is a Strabane thing.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 02, 2020, 09:16:50 AM

Messages is a Strabane thing.

But they always take their lead from the bigger better brother-Derry City

oakleaflad

Must be a city thing. Groceries or 'the shopping' is what we'd use most. Messages maybe a very odd time.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: oakleaflad on April 02, 2020, 10:52:26 AM
Must be a city thing. Groceries or 'the shopping' is what we'd use most. Messages maybe a very odd time.

Are there any shops outside the Big Smoke ;)
Im just going to throw random digs out here at everywhere  ;D

It wasn't until I started playing senior hurling that I realised a lot of people didn't like us Derry cCty boys, it has scared me for life, made me bitter somewhat. I will rank it in order of of much flak we got

Strabane, Donegal, County Derry.
Antrim lads have not caught onto us yet, it is hard to tell with Belfast if they just fight with everyone , so I never took anything personal with them.

imtommygunn

Ah we have caught on rightly after many games with that na magha crowd in our leagues ;)