Leinster Senior Football Championship 2019

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, October 11, 2018, 10:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Draper

Quote from: SCFC on June 05, 2019, 02:48:05 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on June 05, 2019, 08:09:07 AM
Quote from: on the hop on June 04, 2019, 11:39:29 PM
We will have to up our scoring rate, I don't think we have got over 13 points in any of the last games we have played there
Carlow being one of those, Dublin the other, and the league final in which we kicked about 500 wides.
We played Louth there too.
I refuse to acknowledge that fixture

The PRO

Quote from: Don Draper on June 06, 2019, 06:37:48 AM
Quote from: SCFC on June 05, 2019, 02:48:05 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on June 05, 2019, 08:09:07 AM
Quote from: on the hop on June 04, 2019, 11:39:29 PM
We will have to up our scoring rate, I don't think we have got over 13 points in any of the last games we have played there
Carlow being one of those, Dublin the other, and the league final in which we kicked about 500 wides.
We played Louth there too.
I refuse to acknowledge that fixture
So did some of our players!😀

Tony

Team officially named for Sunday:

LAOIS: Graham Brody (Portlaoise); Stephen Attride (Killeshin), Denis Booth (The Heath), Gareth Dillon (Portlaoise; Sean O'Flynn (Courtwood), Robbie Pigott (Portarlington), Paddy O'Sullivan (Portarlington); John O'Loughlin (St Brigid's), Kieran Lillis (Portlaoise); Daniel O'Reilly (Graiguecullen), Conor Boyle (Portlaoise), Damien O'Connor (Timahoe); Paul Kingston (Arles-Killeen), Colm Murphy (Portarlington), Evan O'Carroll (Crettyard).

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Unlaoised

LAOIS ABÚ

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: Unlaoised on June 08, 2019, 12:18:25 AM
What's wrong with Begley ?
Massive loss

Hasn't recovered from the ankle injury he picked up during the Westmeath game..
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

The Monument Road

Don Draper

Tony

Consolation here is that we have a strong bench. Donie made a substantial difference when he came on against westmeath but he's still not 100%fit to start. Presumably Begley will also be available from the bench but he's not ready to start. Timmons is a big loss but a broken hand usually takes 3-5 weeks to heal, so we might see him for the next match or one after that. Missing our main full back, centre back and centre forward is a big question mark for the squad but let's see how we respond. They certainly did enough against westmeath. I'll go to croker in hope rather than expectation, but I trust all these lads will all give 100%, so I'm more than delighted to support them, win or lose. Laois abu

Unlaoised

Quote from: Tony on June 08, 2019, 01:31:49 PM
Consolation here is that we have a strong bench. Donie made a substantial difference when he came on against westmeath but he's still not 100%fit to start. Presumably Begley will also be available from the bench but he's not ready to start. Timmons is a big loss but a broken hand usually takes 3-5 weeks to heal, so we might see him for the next match or one after that. Missing our main full back, centre back and centre forward is a big question mark for the squad but let's see how we respond. They certainly did enough against westmeath. I'll go to croker in hope rather than expectation, but I trust all these lads will all give 100%, so I'm more than delighted to support them, win or lose. Laois abu

Good post ...id be worried a little about the half forward line but they proved me wrong in Tullamore ...
O connor and Dicey will run all day and give you 110 a and Boyle likes croker ...(I'm talking myself around here )

Meath have changed their tactics a few times this year ...

I think they will go at us early and if we come through that I fancy us to sneak through we will need probably 1-15 ish or more to win so we have to be clinical .

Our bench will defo help if we are there or there abouts with 15 or 20 to go .

Laois never fear Meath in Croker

Prediction

A win by 1-14 to 16 points
LAOIS ABÚ

High Fielder

We probably don't deserve to be 5 points down but Meath are just that bit sharper. We miss the organisation that Begley brings and are still at sixes and sevens when run at. We're getting better at holding on to the ball, but finding an end product can be a long drawn out process. They just look that bit cuter than us

High Fielder

Disappointing. Our deficiencies laid bare once again. I feel so sorry for those lads who are used as square pegs in round holes, because it's days like these that find you out. The best corner back in Laois last year was Saunders of Portlaoise. I know he's not involved with the 20s, but any selection after him in that position is a lesser option. It's not really anyone's fault, but this is a lot of our problem.

town1980

Timmons is 33/34 begly the same Ross quigley so there is a big big void to come in that dressing room ,,, there was a difference in class as Meath were in a div 2 final, we barley got to our div 3 final taking nothing away from the lads but Dublin would run riot the way we play,, John still the best man for the job but maybe a Conway with him as a tweak in tactics is maybe needed,,hard luck regardless every man tried hard to the end

The PRO

Quote from: High Fielder on June 09, 2019, 03:39:58 PM
Disappointing. Our deficiencies laid bare once again. I feel so sorry for those lads who are used as square pegs in round holes, because it's days like these that find you out. The best corner back in Laois last year was Saunders of Portlaoise. I know he's not involved with the 20s, but any selection after him in that position is a lesser option. It's not really anyone's fault, but this is a lot of our problem.
You can't make a lad play. He turned down the invite.

The PRO

We now play one of these 8.
Leitrim, Down, Derry, Antrim, Longford, Westmeath, Offaly, Monaghan.