FAI...June 2024 Friendlies v Hungary and Portugal

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Pride month Benny - but you knew that anyways  ::)

JPGJOHNNYG

If i was lenihan i would be raging. The guy stole his goal. It reminded me of David Nugent when like a twat he poked in jermain defoes effort as it was about to cross the line. Its also risky because nani did something similar to Ronaldo a few years back. Ronaldo chips the keeper for what would be a sublime goal only for nani to steal it and then for the goal to be disallowed because nani was offside

Itchy

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on June 03, 2018, 11:05:19 AM
If i was lenihan i would be raging. The guy stole his goal. It reminded me of David Nugent when like a twat he poked in jermain defoes effort as it was about to cross the line. Its also risky because nani did something similar to Ronaldo a few years back. Ronaldo chips the keeper for what would be a sublime goal only for nani to steal it and then for the goal to be disallowed because nani was offside

Think that's very harsh. Ball was coming at him quickly, instinct took over. Also he may not be fully aware of where he was standing relative to the goals. I thought he played quite well too for a bit making a big step up. It was great to see arter, Rice, o dowda trying some passes and flair in the last 15 mins instead of hoofing it. More chances came from that than in the 1st half where the bombed ball at walters

BennyCake

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 03, 2018, 08:31:55 AM

Month? Is a day not enough for that malarky?  ::)

Gmac

Quote from: BennyCake on June 03, 2018, 12:41:28 AM
What was the deal with the rainbow coloured numbers on the shirts? Has George or Bungle passed away?
leo said the guys at the gym thought the jerseys looked fab

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: BennyCake on June 03, 2018, 12:56:58 PM

Is your 11 months not enough for your malarky?  ::)

Owenmoresider

Quote from: BennyCake on June 03, 2018, 12:56:58 PM

Nothing's ever enough for them. Can we not just try to enjoy sport without the virtue signalling nonsense.

Farrandeelin

To be honest, I didn't know. I didn't know there was such thing as a pride month. But OMS is correct, enough of the bs in sport.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Itchy

If its pride they want surely they need to go to rugby. There is lots of PRIDE, MEN ARE GIANTS. And the whole game is a bit camp anyway.

SHEEDY

16 years ago today, brillant memories. great reaction from big mick.

https://youtu.be/VIexE4B1GHY
nil satis nisi optimum

gerrykeegan

I was in the crowd with three buddies. I think we were still talking about it 24 hours later. Magic moment.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

laoislad

I was in Melbourne. Great memories. Got the ride that night also.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Shamrock Shore

Denis O'Brien appointed Honorary Life President of the FAI.

A perfect fit  ::)

trileacman

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2018/0821/986643-someone-in-leinster-house-must-take-a-big-picture-view/

Soccer heads now calling on the government to bankroll their gravy train bullshit. These fcukers really have no shame. Maybe taking money hand over fist when you should have been investing in the game is where you should start you charlatan gobshites.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

NAG1

Quote from: trileacman on August 21, 2018, 10:19:46 PM
https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2018/0821/986643-someone-in-leinster-house-must-take-a-big-picture-view/

Soccer heads now calling on the government to bankroll their gravy train bullshit. These fcukers really have no shame. Maybe taking money hand over fist when you should have been investing in the game is where you should start you charlatan gobshites.

And yet it becomes the GAA's problem, their lack of investment in their own game and grounds.....just saying like