Rory McIlroy

Started by Oraisteach, February 26, 2012, 06:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrinkingHarp

I hope not but he could be the next Sergio Garcia, great talent but chokes.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sidney on March 03, 2014, 12:03:50 AM
Another one to shove down an already congested windpipe for the choker supreme.  ;D

That shot into the water on 16 was pure poetry.
Quote from: Sidney on March 03, 2014, 12:03:50 AM
Another one to shove down an already congested windpipe for the choker supreme.  ;D

That shot into the water on 16 was pure poetry.

Choker? How many majors has he won? and other PGA tournaments hmmmmm, old Rory brings out the haters, typical stuff, knock yer own
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

Garcia has never won a major, hence why he is classed as someone who never met their potential.  McIlroy has 2 and I am sure he will get more.  He has been playing some stuff since the end of last year, unbelievable the number of people here that are obsessed with him and flags etc and who like to run him down. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Walter Cronc

Some tripe on here talked by 'so called' experts!! As MR2 says, us Paddys love to hammer our own!!

When you compare where Rory was last year to how he has started this year the future looks bright!!!

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 03, 2014, 08:58:50 AM
Some tripe on here talked by 'so called' experts!! As MR2 says, us Paddys love to hammer our own!!

When you compare where Rory was last year to how he has started this year the future looks bright!!!
Dont think Rory would classify hImself to be a "Paddy " TBH

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on March 03, 2014, 11:45:42 AM

Well there you go, from that response I assume you are referring to who Rory chooses to represent.

I dont give a monkeys if he wants to represent GB. He's from here and I'll support him regardless.

Mikhailov

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 03, 2014, 11:55:19 AM

Well there you go, from that response I assume you are referring to who Rory chooses to represent.

I dont give a monkeys if he wants to represent GB. He's from here and I'll support him regardless.

+1 - he possibly will win this weekend in Miami at Cadillac........

He cant be classed as a choker with 2 majors - he did choke at Augusta in 2011 but has learned from that by winning twice since. No other golfer has won 2 majors since Augusta 2011.......

give her dixie

I don't know why people slate Rory from these parts, as I for one am very proud of him and what he has achieved to date in a short time. Long may he continue to shine, and I will support him through thick and thin.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Milltown Row2

So you'll only support 'Paddy's' ? Hmmmm .....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: give her dixie on March 03, 2014, 12:48:05 PM
I don't know why people slate Rory from these parts, as I for one am very proud of him and what he has achieved to date in a short time. Long may he continue to shine, and I will support him through thick and thin.

It is due to the age old afflictions of begrudgery and 'job for you ye **** ye'-ery.  McIlroy is a top class sportsman, one of the best in the world at his sport,  and gobdaas want to sneer at him.  Sums up a lot about us really.

Orior

Quote from: laoislad on March 02, 2014, 11:11:57 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 02, 2014, 11:07:00 PM
Best shot I've ever seen in golf, whether he wins this or not that was a serious ballsy shot, consider the duffers he hit earlier
It was good but I've seen better.

No toothaches for Rory this year?

Better? Tell us who, where and when!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Orior on March 03, 2014, 12:58:04 PM
Best shot I've ever seen in golf, whether he wins this or not that was a serious ballsy shot, consider the duffers he hit earlier

Tigers chip, 16th hole, Masters 2005??

declan85

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 03, 2014, 01:04:59 PM
Quote from: Orior on March 03, 2014, 12:58:04 PM

Tigers putt, 16th hole, Masters 2005??

Bubba Watson, US Masters 2012, 2nd Playoff hole. Won him the Green Jacket...

Saffrongael

Had to be at a Major or Ryder Cup I am afraid if you want to go for "best ever"

A run of the mill regular tournament isn't the same.

Christy O'Connors 2 iron at the Belfry in the Ryder Cup
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come