Previous topic - Next topic

Is France correct to ban the Burkini?

Yes
10 (18.2%)
No
45 (81.8%)

Total Members Voted: 55

muppet

I am not sure I get the French logic on this one. Nude beaches are ok, but a silly looking full length swimsuit isn't? I've seen people wearing things on beaches that caused the waves to reverse course, but that was usually too much body wearing too little cloth.
MWWSI 2017

bennydorano

Kneejerk reaction that looks like it will cause nothing but trouble. Playing into propagandists hands as well.

screenexile

They've fucked up it'll be overturned I reckon!

armaghniac

Nude beaches are designated,  they are not the everywhere and Muslims  are probably the first to campaign against them.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

haranguerer

Quote from: muppet on August 26, 2016, 12:55:35 PM
I am not sure I get the French logic on this one. Nude beaches are ok, but a silly looking full length swimsuit isn't? I've seen people wearing things on beaches that caused the waves to reverse course, but that was usually too much body wearing too little cloth.

You think their logic was based on how it looks?  ::)

muppet

Quote from: haranguerer on August 26, 2016, 01:48:10 PM

And tell me, how else do they know what it is without looking at it?  ::)

Smell?
Chemical composition??

Go on please, this should be interesting. No pictures or visual descriptions allowed. 
MWWSI 2017

omaghjoe

Just got a couple for my wee girls, necessity for Irish skin in California. Seriously!

Forget Islamophobia its racist against us Irish! we need to make our voices heard

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: screenexile on August 26, 2016, 01:12:01 PM
They've fucked up it'll be overturned I reckon!

QuoteBREAKING: France's top administrative court overturns burkini ban amid shock and anger worldwide.

thejuice

Unless France wants to go back on its supposed republican ideals, this does seem hypocritical. But then this was always going to happen since those ideals seemingly contain the seeds of its own undoing.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

seafoid

They want to act on jihadis.  Intelligence would be more effective.
Jihadis probably don't go to the beach.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

haranguerer

Quote from: muppet on August 26, 2016, 02:04:59 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on August 26, 2016, 01:48:10 PM

And tell me, how else do they know what it is without looking at it?  ::)

Smell?
Chemical composition??

Go on please, this should be interesting. No pictures or visual descriptions allowed.

Great, your usual circular garbage  ;D I think I'll leave you to it...

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Jeepers Creepers

There are elections coming up in France so I would imagine this is a government attempting to do something tangible, regardless of how ridiculous the ban is/was.

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity