Dublin V Kerry 28/08/16 3.30pm RTE/SKY.

Started by The Aristocrat, August 08, 2016, 02:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 28, 2016, 07:14:48 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 28, 2016, 07:11:36 PM
Objects thrown at referee David Gough

http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=260128
A programme wouldn't do much harm in fairness.

They make a pretty decent weapon if you roll them up tight and wield them like a truncheon.
Allegedly.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

tonto1888

Gotta say also I thought the mcmanamon shoulder was a great one. Tough but fair. At the time. Just seen replays. Could well have been a free in

tonto1888

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 28, 2016, 07:33:09 PM
Gotta say also I thought the mcmanamon shoulder was a great one. Tough but fair. At the time. Just seen replays. Could well have been a free in

Should have been a free in actually.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

rrhf

Quote from: moysider on August 28, 2016, 05:53:29 PM
Quote from: GJL on August 28, 2016, 05:32:03 PM
Quote from: rrhf on August 28, 2016, 05:27:30 PM
Where the fcuk do Mayo start?

Does not matter where they start. Dublin will win pulling up.

Probably.

But at least we know that there is nobody else that would do any better than Mayo will.
No that's not a dig at Mayo.  Definitely they deserve to be there.  They'll have 31 counties behind them, but the one area where the dubs were questioned was character and they passed with flying colours. The best teams will give them a game but they showed grit today in spades notwithstanding they tend to get the big decisions in a game by the officials.

lenny

Quote from: muppet on August 28, 2016, 07:35:15 PM

Doesn't look completely over the line there but impossible to say from that angle.

Milltown Row2

Jesus lads the umpire had the best view and reacted straight away.. Goal
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tonto1888

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 28, 2016, 07:43:21 PM
The umpire who waved surely had the 2 Dublin players in his way no? I thought it was a goal mind you

Jinxy

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: INDIANA on August 28, 2016, 07:32:02 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 28, 2016, 07:14:48 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 28, 2016, 07:11:36 PM
Objects thrown at referee David Gough

http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=260128
A programme wouldn't do much harm in fairness.

the point is what the reaction would be if it was Dublin fans.

Relief it wasn't anything worse? Cheer up, Indiana - you've more chips on your shoulder than Leo Burdock sees in a week.

From the Bunker

Quote from: rrhf on August 28, 2016, 07:37:01 PM
Quote from: moysider on August 28, 2016, 05:53:29 PM
Quote from: GJL on August 28, 2016, 05:32:03 PM
Quote from: rrhf on August 28, 2016, 05:27:30 PM
Where the fcuk do Mayo start?

Does not matter where they start. Dublin will win pulling up.

Probably.

But at least we know that there is nobody else that would do any better than Mayo will.
No that's not a dig at Mayo.  Definitely they deserve to be there.  They'll have 31 counties behind them, but the one area where the dubs were questioned was character and they passed with flying colours. The best teams will give them a game but they showed grit today in spades notwithstanding they tend to get the big decisions in a game by the officials.

Of course they do. What do you expect when a team is playing at home? Mayo got a plethora of decisions in Castlebar this Summer. Home games, have a large home crowd who get on the back of the Referee and he is only human after all?

Jinxy

Lookit, in a hard-hitting, physical game you are going to get border-line decisions going your way or the oppositions way.
I can live with that if the alternative is to have the man in the middle ref the life out of a game.
Get out of the way and let them at it, I say.

mrdeeds

Did todays performance by Cluxton make Evan Comerford favourite for all star now?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 28, 2016, 07:43:21 PM

He did although his view of it was surely obscured somewhat by Cluxton. Have to give him the benefit of the doubt I guess because it's not clear on replay.