Dublin V Kerry 28/08/16 3.30pm RTE/SKY.

Started by The Aristocrat, August 08, 2016, 02:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryin89

I understand all the valid points in here about systems and systems to counter act etc and it will come into play for the most part but it only takes one set play for Donaghy to simply catch a high ball against a relative weakness in dublin smallish full back line and lay it off to an on running JOD to burst the net. I expect some once off set plays from Kerry and then to fall back into a defensive set up .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Rossfan

Quote from: JoG2 on August 25, 2016, 09:17:12 AM

PS : Roscommon fans are mad hooers
It helps us cope with the great Springs and terrible Summers ;D

As for Sunday all form and recent meetings between the teams suggest a dour struggle with 3 red cards and Dublin scoring a late 1-2 to win be 6 points.
However at the back of my mind there's a ladeen saying hurt pride, 2011/13/15/16 defeats etc will have Kerry bursting every blood vessel to put Dublin back in their boxes, that they'll pull the rug from under Dublin and win by 2 points.

I can't make up my mind and will make a late decision Sunday morning.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Redhand Santa on August 25, 2016, 08:27:44 AM
You could argue that the league will have little bearing on this weekend. Its hard to know how much Kerry were really going for it at that stage. Last year Kerry were poor and still only lost by 3. And this year Dublin are the defending champions which makes it that bit tougher. Would not be surprised if Kerry turn them over. But I think if they'll have to push up and go for it rather than relying on an overly defensive system.

The scoreline was extremely flattering, I think Dublin winning by 10 points would have been a fairer reflection on the game and they didn't even have to get of cruise control in that game. Dublin are feeding on Kerry's minds and I don't really see this being a contest, unless Donaghy can roll back the years at full forward I think it will be very comfortable for Dublin.

yellowcard

The closer it gets the less I can see any logical reason why Kerry would beat Dublin. Dublin have won their last 26 competitive games leagus and championship. Since Gavin took over they have won 4 Leagues and 2 AI titles in 3 and a half seasons. If they win this years AI title that will be 7 out of 8 major titles for the Dubs since Gavin took over. The only blip is the Donegal s-f defeat in 2014. That would arguably put them into the category of being the best team in a generation and only Kerry's golden side could lay a definitive claim to being better. All logic leads to a Dublin win but then Donegal sprung a similar ambush 2 years ago and Kerry have more ammunition up front than that Donegal side had. Sunday will answer a lot of questions. 

Fear ón Srath Bán

Apparently the Kerry masterplan is for Donaghy to keep his big gob zipped for the whole match, where he'll focus solely on the game. The Dublin lads will be so flummoxed and stupefied by this totally uncustomary act of disarming humility that the Kerry boys will simply dance through them, scoring seven goals to nil in the process against their totally disoriented hosts. ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Rossfan

Maybe Mayowestros will do the same with the O'Sheas and O'Connors in the Final ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Rossfan on August 26, 2016, 12:24:00 AM
Maybe Mayowestros will do the same with the O'Sheas and O'Connors in the Final ;)

Ah here, let's keep it real!  ;)

JoG2

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 25, 2016, 11:59:02 PM
Apparently the Kerry masterplan is for Donaghy to keep his big gob zipped for the whole match, where he'll focus solely on the game. The Dublin lads will be so flummoxed and stupefied by this totally uncustomary act of disarming humility that the Kerry boys will simply dance through them, scoring seven goals to nil in the process against their totally disoriented hosts. ;)

Tyrone man advises a player from another county to 'keep his big gob zipped'.. This is straight out of Waterford Whispers!

Jinxy

Donaghy is genetically 90% a Tyrone man anyway.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

trueblue1234

Quote from: JoG2 on August 26, 2016, 09:42:59 AM

Tyrone man advises a player from another county to 'keep his big gob zipped'.. This is straight out of Waterford Whispers!

I was wondering when the Derry brigade where going to arrive. Just wouldn't be the same without yous.   
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

JoG2

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 26, 2016, 10:41:23 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on August 26, 2016, 09:42:59 AM

I was wondering when the Derry brigade where going to arrive. Just wouldn't be the same without yous.

:-*

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Jinxy on August 26, 2016, 10:07:29 AM
Donaghy is genetically 90% a Tyrone man anyway.

We've long since disowned every single gene, Kerry gits! ;)

thejuice

Put a few bob on Dublin to win by 10-12 points at 8/1. PP had it at 9/1 earlier but have since removed that option.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

joemamas

Excellent and insightful video interview on independent.ie with Brian Mullins and Jacko

The Hill is Blue

The whole country expects Kerry to come up with something special on Sunday - something that we haven't seen before from this team. There's a feeling out there that they have been working on a blitzkrieg strategy which they will unveil on Sunday – a display of shock and awe which will leave the Dubs reeling. That may well be what will happen - or it may be that there is no grand plan and the Dubs will still be champions on Sunday night. We'll all know the answer than.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8