East Belfast GAA

Started by nearlymad, June 02, 2020, 12:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardtole

Why should East Belfast be fast tracked for funding, before the likes of Bredagh? What are East Belfast doing that Bredagh are not doing?.

I applaud the East Belfast team for their efforts but there are plenty of clubs in similar circumstances.

Milltown Row2

It's a leg up...or let's call it a start up grant...

Bredagh are a fantastic club but well established and hopefully getting their own ground would be the icing on the cake for them..

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ardtole

I'd love to see every club get finance or grant aid for their own facilities. But I don't see why East Belfast should be prioritised over the likes of Bredagh.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: ardtole on August 06, 2022, 11:12:40 AM
Why should East Belfast be fast tracked for funding, before the likes of Bredagh? What are East Belfast doing that Bredagh are not doing?.

I applaud the East Belfast team for their efforts but there are plenty of clubs in similar circumstances.

It's a joke tbh

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ardtole on August 06, 2022, 11:41:52 AM
I'd love to see every club get finance or grant aid for their own facilities. But I don't see why East Belfast should be prioritised over the likes of Bredagh.

Like I said it's more of a start grant rather than a constant flow of cash.. establishing a club requires money, to get that you need members, sponsorship, a pitch (be it own or council) the means to have kits and football hurls and the rest.

Couldn't imagine it's an easy undertaking.

Of course Bredagh aren't on their own in East Belfast area, St Pauls Holywood but again they are more established.

Why anyone would be against Croke spending on new clubs is beyond me
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on August 06, 2022, 09:36:42 AM
Quote from: ardtole on August 06, 2022, 09:19:30 AM
Quote from: sam03/05 on August 06, 2022, 08:48:51 AM
The GAA should give this club millions, purchase them a ground and let them grow

Why??
Surely their neighbours Bredagh would be equally as deserving of financial backing to secure their own club grounds. East Belfast are no more inclusive than any other gaa club.

For the same reason they backwd the likes of Cuala. Big untapped catchment area and important symbolism

Naw can't agree. We have the biggest untapped area for hurling in Ireland and they won't give us a penny. They should not be getting any preferential treatment over lads who have ploughed lonely furrows for 30-40 years.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 06, 2022, 12:06:19 PM

Like I said it's more of a start grant rather than a constant flow of cash.. establishing a club requires money, to get that you need members, sponsorship, a pitch (be it own or council) the means to have kits and football hurls and the rest.

Of course Bredagh aren't on their own in East Belfast area, St Pauls Holywood but again they are more established.

I'm not but we have given them 3 strategic plans and zero back. Naw id resent it and others won't say it but it's not fair

general_lee

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 06, 2022, 12:06:33 PM
The GAA should give this club millions, purchase them a ground and let them grow

Why??
Surely their neighbours Bredagh would be equally as deserving of financial backing to secure their own club grounds. East Belfast are no more inclusive than any other gaa club.

For the same reason they backwd the likes of Cuala. Big untapped catchment area and important symbolism

Naw can't agree. We have the biggest untapped area for hurling in Ireland and they won't give us a penny. They should not be getting any preferential treatment over lads who have ploughed lonely furrows for 30-40 years.

Why??

Doesn't have to be either or

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 06, 2022, 12:25:55 PM
Plenty of existing clubs struggling to make ends meet, with limited or no facilities. Some even gone to the wall for these reasons & zero help forthcoming. Good luck to East Belfast but they are no more deserving than anyone else.

Who wouldn't like the money? I do think new clubs ( going forward) need some assistance... established clubs that are struggling need to look at what they are doing and get assistance in relation to how they can't bring it back...

There is a club (Belfast near Royal) that's gone that financially were very secure just couldn't get players, so things need to be looked at not just financially. But yes I know what you mean

marty34

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 06, 2022, 12:06:19 PM

Have St. Paul's in Holywood their own pitch?

How long have they been going?

Is that a middle class area?

marty34

Why??

Is that not an advantage in a way?

A big city with only one hurling club.

Should be flying it.

Walter Cronc

Jeez Bredagh have good grounds do they not. 3 pitches no?

imtommygunn

Are they not council pitches which bredagh use? The likes of st Malachys use them too. I've played other teams there too.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 06, 2022, 02:53:31 PM
Are they not council pitches which bredagh use? The likes of st Malachys use them too. I've played other teams there too.
Council pitches

Walter Cronc

Frig its is good set up for council pitches.