Author Topic: Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.  (Read 844578 times)

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
Re: Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.
« Reply #8760 on: June 17, 2022, 12:07:03 PM »
I suppose the obvious question is how much more is there to examine? As you say, he was charged & convicted.

The same could be said of Doherty. Varadker's file is with the DPP, they're awaiting a decision, what else was to be gained by bringing it up in the Dail? It was clearly an attempt at political mud-slinging, fair enough, politics is a dirty game. But you can hardly cry foul when Varadker throws some mud back.

Ach dont be talking sense on here, Doherty started it and couldnt handle it. "Give it but not take" in street spake.

restorepride

• View Profile
« Reply #8761 on: June 17, 2022, 03:05:19 PM »
Am in great oul form to be honest , yep I'm grand anyhow in the knowledge that I'm a republican, speak my native tongue , play our native games, do an honest days work and don't dump babies in the bin . Oh and I dont thieve , dodge, scam , bully , protect paedos or anything like that..as I said feeling good.
Yet you have just made a sweeping, arrogant and ignorant comment re babies in a bin. Are you a priest or just blinded by a chauvinistic upbringing? Certainly a greater-than-thou rant reminiscent of Catholic Ireland at its holiest. Try confessions, priests can pass nothing on.

dont go to mass-sorry. Morals and religion are not the same thing, and I certainly not a chauvinist or you havent been following my comments at all here or on other threads.
Care to explain your babies in the bin comment?

trileacman

• View Profile
« Reply #8762 on: June 17, 2022, 03:26:48 PM »
I suppose the obvious question is how much more is there to examine? As you say, he was charged & convicted.

The same could be said of Doherty. Varadker's file is with the DPP, they're awaiting a decision, what else was to be gained by bringing it up in the Dail? It was clearly an attempt at political mud-slinging, fair enough, politics is a dirty game. But you can hardly cry foul when Varadker throws some mud back.

Point was that Doherty was giving out about LV having a big dinner celebration the other night while the cost of living crisis was affecting people across the country etc.

I think that Doherty brought up Varadkar's prosecution first.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #8763 on: June 17, 2022, 03:50:54 PM »

Point was that Doherty was giving out about LV having a big dinner celebration the other night while the cost of living crisis was affecting people across the country etc.

I think that Doherty brought up Varadkar's prosecution first.

He did.

GAABoardMod5

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8764 on: June 17, 2022, 07:46:19 PM »
A bit of housekeeping here with a few posts removed from the current page.

Argue the points, not the poster.

2 posters get a warning that means they cannot engage each other, per Rule 9 "In a case such as this, a moderator may post a public and private warning for both posters to completely ignore the other, refraining from referring to, directing comments at, or answering the other poster. Disregarding this warning will result in a ban."

trueblue1234

• View Profile
« Reply #8765 on: June 17, 2022, 09:52:59 PM »
https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/sinn-feins-pearse-doherty-abused-and-mistreated-a-garda-varadkar-tells-dail-41759711.html?utm_source=xtremepush&utm_medium=web_push&utm_campaign=Sinn+F%C3%A9in%E2%80%99s+Pearse+Doherty+%E2%80%98abused+and+mistreated%E2%80%99+a+garda%2C+Varadkar+tells+D%C3%A1il+%28xtremepush+%2364465231%29&utm_term=notification+%231145194624_3254967884&utm_content=A

OUch, that hurt. Bad when Varadkar making you look a tool

nowhere in that does Varadkar make him look like a tool

Absolutely does. The 1000 pound dinners lol. Class

Absolutely does not. The fact that he talks about vagabonds that live in a caravan says everything about him tho

Fear seems to be a big FG man.

Key issue here is the current government is doing nothing about the current cost of living crisis.  They will sit on their hands until the next budget 4 or 5 months away and put their fingers in their ears until such time.

Playing into the opposition hands.

Varadkar created more publicity for SF by his childidh outburst. He needs a course in PR asap.

Thereís a certain level of either wilful ignorance or stupidity involved there. This was the tactics they used previously and it backfired on them. People got sick of the obvious attempts to twist anything going on into a stick to beat SF with. Same happened up here with SDLP imo. SF have enough f**k ups and genuine issues  that could be easily attacked as and when they happen without manufacturing ones. Itís too forced and transparent and voters got turned off by it.

So Varadker's criminal issues are fair game but Doherty's aren't?
FFS a incident 3 decades ago verses one that is being looked at now. Your clutching and you know you are.

Doherty was charged and convicted of a crime which is more than what has so far happened with Varadker. IF he's happy to pull legal issues into a Dail debate he should be prepared to have his own examined.

Absolutely, but I wasnít the one trying to claim Varadker played a stormer. That was Fear.
With regards to the crimes imo and ongoing investigation has more relevance than a 30 year old conviction.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Snapchap

• View Profile
« Reply #8766 on: June 17, 2022, 10:15:56 PM »
https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/sinn-feins-pearse-doherty-abused-and-mistreated-a-garda-varadkar-tells-dail-41759711.html?utm_source=xtremepush&utm_medium=web_push&utm_campaign=Sinn+F%C3%A9in%E2%80%99s+Pearse+Doherty+%E2%80%98abused+and+mistreated%E2%80%99+a+garda%2C+Varadkar+tells+D%C3%A1il+%28xtremepush+%2364465231%29&utm_term=notification+%231145194624_3254967884&utm_content=A

Absolutely does not. The fact that he talks about vagabonds that live in a caravan says everything about him tho

Key issue here is the current government is doing nothing about the current cost of living crisis.  They will sit on their hands until the next budget 4 or 5 months away and put their fingers in their ears until such time.

Varadkar created more publicity for SF by his childidh outburst. He needs a course in PR asap.

Thereís a certain level of either wilful ignorance or stupidity involved there. This was the tactics they used previously and it backfired on them. People got sick of the obvious attempts to twist anything going on into a stick to beat SF with. Same happened up here with SDLP imo. SF have enough f**k ups and genuine issues  that could be easily attacked as and when they happen without manufacturing ones. Itís too forced and transparent and voters got turned off by it.

So a drunken misdemeanor on a night out when Doherty was a youth is of more concern and significance to the public than the incoming taoiseach being actively under criminal investigation for misconduct in public office while he was in his last stint as Taoiseach?

F**k me. Some of you SF bashers really need to take a step back and pick your battles a bit better.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 10:50:20 PM by Snapchap »

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #8767 on: June 18, 2022, 06:23:24 PM »
What do SF do with all the money?

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #8768 on: June 18, 2022, 06:47:21 PM »
I presume they give it all to the poor ::)
Remember we're a noble race from a land where Kings once trod.

Windmill abu

• View Profile
« Reply #8769 on: June 18, 2022, 09:21:18 PM »
Yes.

Now you define poor.
I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence

Tubberman

• View Profile
« Reply #8770 on: June 18, 2022, 09:29:23 PM »

So a drunken misdemeanor on a night out when Doherty was a youth is of more concern and significance to the public than the incoming taoiseach being actively under criminal investigation for misconduct in public office while he was in his last stint as Taoiseach?

F**k me. Some of you SF bathers really need to take a tep back and pick your battles a bit better.

Add up all those SFers though, they're some rabble
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #8771 on: June 19, 2022, 03:02:44 PM »
Yes.

Now you define poor.

SF Members?

Applesisapples

• View Profile
« Reply #8772 on: June 22, 2022, 11:51:01 AM »
Why don't you become a member and ask them? I'd guess a lot is spent on paying activists councillors etc... I don't know and I am no more bothered about how they spend the money than I am about FF, FG or the SDLP. But before you cast your nod and a wink accusations why don't you investigate and call them out on the facts?

tonto1888

• View Profile
« Reply #8773 on: June 22, 2022, 12:44:38 PM »
Why don't you become a member and ask them? I'd guess a lot is spent on paying activists councillors etc... I don't know and I am no more bothered about how they spend the money than I am about FF, FG or the SDLP. But before you cast your nod and a wink accusations why don't you investigate and call them out on the facts?

its easier to make nod and a wink accusations though

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #8774 on: June 22, 2022, 12:57:35 PM »

its easier to make nod and a wink accusations though

I haven't made any accusations. I have asked a simple question. SF are the richest political party in Ireland. They raise million in America that cannot be spent in Ireland. They got a huge donation in GB that they filtered through their UK party rather than their Irish party. If we are to believe what we are told their MLAs, TDs etc only take an average industrial wage although this has been provided to be wrong on some occasions.  I think these are genuine questions. SF apologists on here are the ones who make it out like they are hiding something.