Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 17, 2022, 10:51:44 AM
Quote from: GAABoardMod5 on June 17, 2022, 01:16:19 AM
Seems there are possibilities of personal feuds going a bit too far here.

Let me remind everyone that feud participants will be banned.

Up to you now, you know who you are.

Ban away, no loss to me anyhow, probably a good way to make this an anti SF free zone.

Everything should be debated no doubt, but you do have a strong agenda on SF, whether that's warranted or not its OTT.

Taking criticism on your views is part and parcel of putting your views out there, you and they can't be right all the time, I know we think were are right all the time in life, but unfortunately we aint!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 17, 2022, 10:57:43 AM

Ban away, no loss to me anyhow, probably a good way to make this an anti SF free zone.

Everything should be debated no doubt, but you do have a strong agenda on SF, whether that's warranted or not its OTT.

Taking criticism on your views is part and parcel of putting your views out there, you and they can't be right all the time, I know we think were are right all the time in life, but unfortunately we aint!

Its OTT to you. But then again when you are a minority voice you need to shout louder and more often. I never said I was right all the time at any point, be a hard way to go through life, criticism more than welcome.

I will take the ban, bit like the BBC ban of SF in the 80s lol

RedHand88

Yous are arguing over whether you should like a political party or not with strangers on the Internet from behind an anonymous profile.

Go out and enjoy your Fridays.

trileacman

Quote from: trueblue1234 on June 17, 2022, 10:49:25 AM
Quote from: trileacman on June 17, 2022, 10:42:41 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on June 17, 2022, 10:12:23 AM
Quote from: marty34 on June 17, 2022, 10:04:27 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 17, 2022, 08:47:45 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 16, 2022, 07:13:55 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 16, 2022, 02:35:43 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 16, 2022, 01:26:21 PM
https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/sinn-feins-pearse-doherty-abused-and-mistreated-a-garda-varadkar-tells-dail-41759711.html?utm_source=xtremepush&utm_medium=web_push&utm_campaign=Sinn+F%C3%A9in%E2%80%99s+Pearse+Doherty+%E2%80%98abused+and+mistreated%E2%80%99+a+garda%2C+Varadkar+tells+D%C3%A1il+%28xtremepush+%2364465231%29&utm_term=notification+%231145194624_3254967884&utm_content=A

OUch, that hurt. Bad when Varadkar making you look a tool

nowhere in that does Varadkar make him look like a tool

Absolutely does. The 1000 pound dinners lol. Class

Absolutely does not. The fact that he talks about vagabonds that live in a caravan says everything about him tho

Fear seems to be a big FG man.

Key issue here is the current government is doing nothing about the current cost of living crisis.  They will sit on their hands until the next budget 4 or 5 months away and put their fingers in their ears until such time.

Playing into the opposition hands.

Varadkar created more publicity for SF by his childidh outburst. He needs a course in PR asap.

There's a certain level of either wilful ignorance or stupidity involved there. This was the tactics they used previously and it backfired on them. People got sick of the obvious attempts to twist anything going on into a stick to beat SF with. Same happened up here with SDLP imo. SF have enough f**k ups and genuine issues  that could be easily attacked as and when they happen without manufacturing ones. It's too forced and transparent and voters got turned off by it.

So Varadker's criminal issues are fair game but Doherty's aren't?
FFS a incident 3 decades ago verses one that is being looked at now. Your clutching and you know you are.

Doherty was charged and convicted of a crime which is more than what has so far happened with Varadker. IF he's happy to pull legal issues into a Dail debate he should be prepared to have his own examined.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Mourne Red

Quote from: trileacman on June 17, 2022, 11:17:10 AM
https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/sinn-feins-pearse-doherty-abused-and-mistreated-a-garda-varadkar-tells-dail-41759711.html?utm_source=xtremepush&utm_medium=web_push&utm_campaign=Sinn+F%C3%A9in%E2%80%99s+Pearse+Doherty+%E2%80%98abused+and+mistreated%E2%80%99+a+garda%2C+Varadkar+tells+D%C3%A1il+%28xtremepush+%2364465231%29&utm_term=notification+%231145194624_3254967884&utm_content=A

Absolutely does not. The fact that he talks about vagabonds that live in a caravan says everything about him tho

Key issue here is the current government is doing nothing about the current cost of living crisis.  They will sit on their hands until the next budget 4 or 5 months away and put their fingers in their ears until such time.

Varadkar created more publicity for SF by his childidh outburst. He needs a course in PR asap.

There's a certain level of either wilful ignorance or stupidity involved there. This was the tactics they used previously and it backfired on them. People got sick of the obvious attempts to twist anything going on into a stick to beat SF with. Same happened up here with SDLP imo. SF have enough f**k ups and genuine issues  that could be easily attacked as and when they happen without manufacturing ones. It's too forced and transparent and voters got turned off by it.

FFS a incident 3 decades ago verses one that is being looked at now. Your clutching and you know you are.

Doherty was charged and convicted of a crime which is more than what has so far happened with Varadker. IF he's happy to pull legal issues into a Dail debate he should be prepared to have his own examined.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/i-m-not-going-to-go-into-any-more-detail-varadkar-faces-drugs-question-again-1.4149131 - Just because Varadkar didn't get caught. Would have been charged/convicted with possession?

marty34

A lot of anger with Fear.  He should be writing for the Newsletter....lol.

As I said, Leo attracting more attention on his governments's failures. 

No comparion between what Doherty did - people don't care.

It'll not be long until Leo is Taoiseach.  It'll be interesting to see what his and FG's approach will be.

trileacman

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on June 17, 2022, 11:23:26 AM
I suppose the obvious question is how much more is there to examine? As you say, he was charged & convicted.

The same could be said of Doherty. Varadker's file is with the DPP, they're awaiting a decision, what else was to be gained by bringing it up in the Dail? It was clearly an attempt at political mud-slinging, fair enough, politics is a dirty game. But you can hardly cry foul when Varadker throws some mud back.

marty34

Quote from: trileacman on June 17, 2022, 11:34:18 AM
I suppose the obvious question is how much more is there to examine? As you say, he was charged & convicted.

The same could be said of Doherty. Varadker's file is with the DPP, they're awaiting a decision, what else was to be gained by bringing it up in the Dail? It was clearly an attempt at political mud-slinging, fair enough, politics is a dirty game. But you can hardly cry foul when Varadker throws some mud back.

I agree.  Both well able for it.

Point was that Doherty was giving out about LV having a big dinner celebration the other night while the cost of living crisis was affecting people across the country etc.

Leo said it was a cheap shot and then he went off on one.

Did Doherty mention LV's current investigation as I only saw part of the clip?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Ach dont be talking sense on here, Doherty started it and couldnt handle it. "Give it but not take" in street spake.

restorepride

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 17, 2022, 10:45:44 AM
Quote from: restorepride on June 17, 2022, 12:29:54 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 16, 2022, 10:34:53 PM
Am in great oul form to be honest , yep I'm grand anyhow in the knowledge that I'm a republican, speak my native tongue , play our native games, do an honest days work and don't dump babies in the bin . Oh and I dont thieve , dodge, scam , bully , protect paedos or anything like that..as I said feeling good.
Yet you have just made a sweeping, arrogant and ignorant comment re babies in a bin. Are you a priest or just blinded by a chauvinistic upbringing? Certainly a greater-than-thou rant reminiscent of Catholic Ireland at its holiest. Try confessions, priests can pass nothing on.

dont go to mass-sorry. Morals and religion are not the same thing, and I certainly not a chauvinist or you havent been following my comments at all here or on other threads.
Care to explain your babies in the bin comment?

trileacman

Quote from: marty34 on June 17, 2022, 11:56:00 AM

Point was that Doherty was giving out about LV having a big dinner celebration the other night while the cost of living crisis was affecting people across the country etc.

I think that Doherty brought up Varadkar's prosecution first.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: trileacman on June 17, 2022, 03:26:48 PM
Quote from: marty34 on June 17, 2022, 11:56:00 AM

I think that Doherty brought up Varadkar's prosecution first.

He did.

GAABoardMod5

A bit of housekeeping here with a few posts removed from the current page.

Argue the points, not the poster.

2 posters get a warning that means they cannot engage each other, per Rule 9 "In a case such as this, a moderator may post a public and private warning for both posters to completely ignore the other, refraining from referring to, directing comments at, or answering the other poster. Disregarding this warning will result in a ban."

trueblue1234

Quote from: trileacman on June 17, 2022, 11:17:10 AM

Absolutely, but I wasn't the one trying to claim Varadker played a stormer. That was Fear.
With regards to the crimes imo and ongoing investigation has more relevance than a 30 year old conviction.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Snapchap

So a drunken misdemeanor on a night out when Doherty was a youth is of more concern and significance to the public than the incoming taoiseach being actively under criminal investigation for misconduct in public office while he was in his last stint as Taoiseach?

F**k me. Some of you SF bashers really need to take a step back and pick your battles a bit better.