Enda Kenny steps down

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, May 17, 2017, 04:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Bejases that's a quick exit.
There'll be some blood sport among na LĂ©inte gorma anois!!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

I think he was the longest serving FG Taoiseach. The implosion of FF was like manna from Heaven for him
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

AZOffaly

He was longest serving FG Taoiseach alright. An awful godbaw, but cute and astute enough when it came to the political maneuverings. I was impressed with the way he cut the throats of the rebels back there a good few years ago, and then extended the olive branch to a few of them afterwards.

Syferus

History will remember him more fondly than Bertie or any of his comtempories. The diasterous upheavals in our nearest cultural neighbours shows the value of someone who courts the center and not the extremes.

The hospital isn't forgotten, but Kenny's legacy is larger than that.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Syferus on May 17, 2017, 05:06:54 PM
History will remember him more fondly than Bertie or any of his comtempories. The diasterous upheavals in our nearest cultural neighbours shows the value of someone who courts the center and not the extremes.

The hospital isn't forgotten, but Kenny's legacy is larger than that.
Would agree with that.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Avondhu star

Maybe it's time to start getting the posters ready. FF won't be doing Leo or Simon any favours
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 17, 2017, 05:01:33 PM
He was longest serving FG Taoiseach alright. An awful godbaw, but cute and astute enough when it came to the political maneuverings. I was impressed with the way he cut the throats of the rebels back there a good few years ago, and then extended the olive branch to a few of them afterwards.

Godbaw?  Can't find a definition anywhere.  Is it a BIFFO word or something else?  Or is it just Enda Kenny?

omaghjoe

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on May 17, 2017, 06:07:33 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on May 17, 2017, 05:01:33 PM

Godbaw?  Can't find a definition anywhere.  Is it a BIFFO word or something else?  Or is it just Enda Kenny?

I Was wondering myself, but purely onomatopoetically it seems perfectly apt

Denn Forever

Maybe it is  a midland's word.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Rossfan

Often heard the word gobdaw.
It means someone isn't as bad as a gobsh1te, more of a nice eejit type.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

weareros

Quote from: Rossfan on May 17, 2017, 07:03:19 PM
Often heard the word gobdaw.
It means someone isn't as bad as a gobsh1te, more of a nice eejit type.

And then you had the gibbadauns, too. Plenty still roaming the countryside.

Main Street

That was the Long Goodbye.

As some comedian said afterwards about Enda's st. Patrick's day immigrant speech in the US
"he's white but he still sounds funny".

Owen Brannigan

Godbaw. Maybe its a new word picked up in Tipp/Kerry?