CPA (Club Players Association)

Started by ck, October 18, 2016, 12:02:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owenmoresider

joemamas

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 09, 2017, 03:07:56 PM
Quote from: Avondhu star on January 09, 2017, 02:28:35 PM
I just hope that they dont get any tax payers money. I dont believe that the GPA should ever have got any either. If the GAA cant fundthem then let them do without

I doubt the CPA will be looking for taxpayers money. The GPA was always about money and still is, the CPA is not.

+1, still scratching my head on how the former it is not highlighted more.

Kickham csc

Quote from: joemamas on January 09, 2017, 03:49:02 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 09, 2017, 03:07:56 PM
Quote from: Avondhu star on January 09, 2017, 02:28:35 PM
I just hope that they dont get any tax payers money. I dont believe that the GPA should ever have got any either. If the GAA cant fundthem then let them do without

I doubt the CPA will be looking for taxpayers money. The GPA was always about money and still is, the CPA is not.

+1, still scratching my head on how the former it is not highlighted more.

They should receive some money from somewhere, which, in my opinion, should be syphoned off the CPA die to their sheer ineptitude in not reaching out and covering club footballers issues. The money needs to go towards travel expenses, and basic organizational expenses (meetings, stationary etc). This would ensure that the two organizations would get some parity of esteem. How could the GAA defend a position where an organization that represents approx. 1-5% of the playing population receives support and organization that represents 95-99% doesn't.

Jinxy

I don't want the CPA to have anything to do with the GPA.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Jinxy on January 09, 2017, 05:03:34 PM

They don't want to have anything to do with the GPA. Have a listen here:

https://www.facebook.com/jerome.quinn.7/videos/10209584361783811/

"There will be no jobs for the boys, there will be no salaries"
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

magpie seanie

I agree but I certainly think the 99% of GAA players that only play for clubs are contributing to our cultural heritage in a significant way. Wasn't that one of the lies reasons for grants expenses additional payments to the GPA? I'm pretty sure if the CPA did receive any funding it would be used for the good of all GAA members/players and not pocketed by a select, elite few who derive tremendous benefits from their involvement already.

The fightback is long overdue.

Avondhu star

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 09, 2017, 05:11:36 PM

I agree but I certainly think the 99% of GAA players that only play for clubs are contributing to our cultural heritage in a significant way. Wasn't that one of the lies reasons for grants expenses additional payments to the GPA? I'm pretty sure if the CPA did receive any funding it would be used for the good of all GAA members/players and not pocketed by a select, elite few who derive tremendous benefits from their involvement already.

The fightback is long overdue.
All that cultural heritage shite was fine when we had loads of money and Bertie was buying elections.
Does the taxpayer want their taxes to go on services or on creating another feather nest for some people's hobby. If club players haven't the balls to get their club and county board to organise properly they should take up some other hobby
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

manfromdelmonte

GAA should immediately give a cut of the GPA deal to the CPA for running this campaign

There are counties that don't even bother to produce a masters fixtures book for all competitions
They make it up as they go along

Jinxy

They should let someone like Moyles do the bulk of the media stuff.
Smart, good speaker and lots of experience doing radio stuff.
Just after seeing Martin McHugh is involved as well.
Keep him away from the microphone.

longballin

CPA launch fronted by high profile county players in D4 club that signs up players on international scale... oops!

Jinxy

Rossfan

Quote from: Jinxy on January 09, 2017, 07:32:16 PM
Name the county players.
Martin Mc Hugh still a club player? ;D
It appears a rational fixtures calendar would sort out an awful lot of  club players' concerns.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

shark

Quote from: Rossfan on January 09, 2017, 08:00:27 PM
Name the county players.
It appears a rational fixtures calendar would sort out an awful lot of  club players' concerns.

Of course it would. But it doesn't seem like happening any time soon. They couldn't even get a 2 week shift in the intercounty season across the line at congress.

thewobbler

Quote from: Rossfan on January 09, 2017, 08:00:27 PM
Name the county players.

And the problem will be that clubs and and club players will not be rational about the demands on County players to play club matches.

If the CPA is militant at all there's only two ways this can end up, a) the destruction of the county game as players will refuse to do both, or b) the complete resignation of County players from club football, as they'll be given no choice if they want to play county ball.

Jinxy

I think that's why it's good to have ex-county players involved.
They can look at it from both sides of the argument.