Armagh v Derry - Ulster Final, 14th May, 2023 @ 4pm

Started by Walter Cronc, May 01, 2023, 08:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: Itchy on May 12, 2023, 09:09:21 PM
I wonder how he'll protect his kids when they find out the truth.

Derry GAA have lost a lot of goodwill in this, a pathetic effort from them.

Time will only tell on the kids...

Go easy on Derry GAA....

There could be so much red tape around this which may of needed the time to untangle....

It's the right call 100%....

As the great man once said "this shit ain't chequers its chess" or something to that effect...

trailer

Quote from: full moon on May 12, 2023, 08:49:35 PM
The SDLP comments today were outrageous. This the same gang that yabber on about kangaroo courts and online social media mobs and abuse , inciting the same against others

All for some attention before the flipping council elections, shameful hypocrites

Say what you like but SDLP and Cara are on the right side of this. And any normal person knows it. Her message was concise and controlled.

SF? Nothing
Anotu? Nothing
GPA? Nothing
Derry Co board? Nothing

Real people's champions that lot.

quit yo jibbajabba

here lads will someone send me info on how to hide posters theres about 6 on here have sickened my shite. Please and thanks

SHEEDY

Quote from: full moon on May 12, 2023, 08:49:35 PM
The SDLP comments today were outrageous. This the same gang that yabber on about kangaroo courts and online social media mobs and abuse , inciting the same against others

All for some attention before the flipping council elections, shameful hypocrites
nothing outrageous about the SDLP comments, they're 100% right on this one
nil satis nisi optimum

Itchy

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 12, 2023, 09:21:06 PM
here lads will someone send me info on how to hide posters theres about 6 on here have sickened my shite. Please and thanks

Tip ex on your screen will work

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on May 12, 2023, 09:08:15 PM
Armagh should engage in some tactical innovation and see how Derry respond. Put Rian in goals and Ethan in the centre at the throw in.
Armagh should tighten up at the back and go for it. Developments should be worth at least  3 points to them.

tbrick18

Quote from: full moon on May 12, 2023, 08:58:18 PM
Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on May 12, 2023, 08:46:36 PM
What a disaster this has all been....horrible stuff....nightmare...

If 1% of the accusations are true there can be absolutely no pity......I have sisters.....daughters.....it was a harrowing read...

No excuse....completely vile....

However....trial by social media is mental...

In general....anyone of us on here could have our world's ended by simple click of a button....rightly or wrongly......whether true or false......life destroyed....blink of an eye......its far too open...

If a certain man was to retaliate and post a long story outlining years of abuse or some sort of self defence on social media (which could be absolute lies as no-one actually knows) I hope it would be received with the same energy........

Massive failings all round on many fronts....too many to go in to.... and those poor children....May God give them the strength....

I can only hope there is no more bad news to come....

Felt Derry were slight favourites before the game....its completely swung in Armaghs favour I feel...

The GAA is massive for most of us....but in life....there are far more important things than football....

The whole things is tainted now and it's hard to look forward to this game....whether it's win....loose or draw....

Totally agree with that. Scary mob mentality to all this stuff.

A lot of that evidenced on the board.
People called scum, tramps and all sorts.
All based on a social media post.

Everyone agrees that if any of what she claimed happened was real then jail is the answer. Yet a police investigation resulted in nothing. For me that means all detail is not in the public domain and rightly so as its a private matter. But that's not enough for the baying mob.

It's a sad society we live in.

I'm still going to stick with Derry as I think we have better footballers and been playing better football. I hope the players can get on with it and rise above this debacle, but either way this final is tainted.

tbrick18

Quote from: Mourne Red on May 12, 2023, 09:00:20 PM
Quote from: full moon on May 12, 2023, 08:58:18 PM
Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on May 12, 2023, 08:46:36 PM
What a disaster this has all been....horrible stuff....nightmare...

If 1% of the accusations are true there can be absolutely no pity......I have sisters.....daughters.....it was a harrowing read...

No excuse....completely vile....

However....trial by social media is mental...

In general....anyone of us on here could have our world's ended by simple click of a button....rightly or wrongly......whether true or false......life destroyed....blink of an eye......its far too open...

If a certain man was to retaliate and post a long story outlining years of abuse or some sort of self defence on social media (which could be absolute lies as no-one actually knows) I hope it would be received with the same energy........

Massive failings all round on many fronts....too many to go in to.... and those poor children....May God give them the strength....

I can only hope there is no more bad news to come....

Felt Derry were slight favourites before the game....its completely swung in Armaghs favour I feel...

The GAA is massive for most of us....but in life....there are far more important things than football....

The whole things is tainted now and it's hard to look forward to this game....whether it's win....loose or draw....

Totally agree with that. Scary mob mentality to all this stuff.

Lads he didn't deny it once, also see Seafoids post. Witness to clones 99 incident.

Again, trial by social media.
Mob being led by social posts.
I would assume police spoke to the same witnesses and more besides.

JoG2

Profile - modify profile - buddies / ignore list - edit ignore list. Fill your boots. I can read a man say something the once, not 50 times.

Itchy

Investigation by police did not result in nothing. You need to pay attention. By now you should see the truth of this as the man in 2 statements still hasn't denied any accusations.

armaghniac

Quote from: Itchy on May 12, 2023, 09:33:04 PM
Investigation by police did not result in nothing. You need to pay attention. By now you should see the truth of this as the man in 2 statements still hasn't denied any accusations.

Exactly. A decision not to prosecute by the police is not quite the same as there being no substance to the allegations.
A normal person would simply be able to state that there was no substance to these allegations whatsoever, rather than say that they couldn't prove it beyond reasonable doubt. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Itchy on May 12, 2023, 09:09:21 PM
I wonder how he'll protect his kids when they find out the truth.

Derry GAA have lost a lot of goodwill in this, a pathetic effort from them.

Dry your hole Itchy. Like Cavan or any other county board would have done differently! Pathetic

seafoid

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/2023/05/12/ulster-final-at-least-has-clarity-after-rory-gallagher-steps-back-from-role-as-derry-manager/

Ulster final at least has clarity after Rory Gallagher steps back from role as Derry manager
Rory Gallagher: 'I have advised Derry GAA that I am stepping back as Derry senior football manager with immediate effect'

Malachy Clerkin
Fri May 12 2023 - 21:04

The most surreal build-up to an Ulster final in living memory at least has some clarity around it now. Rory Gallagher's decision on Friday night to step back from his role as Derry manager means he will not be on the sideline in Clones as they attempt to defend their provincial title against Armagh on Sunday. Quite what it means for the future is still up in the air.

"I have advised Derry GAA that I am stepping back as Derry senior football manager with immediate effect," Gallagher said in his statement. "This decision is borne out of a desire to protect my children from the ongoing turmoil. They will always be my priority."

Ciaran Meenagh, the Tyrone man who was a selector under Gallagher, will now take the reins. It is impossible to say whether this is to be a permanent arrangement. Sources in Derry indicate only that Gallagher is stepping back until further notice. All that can be said for certain is that he is not the Derry manager now.

It brings an end to a tumultuous week, one in which allegations from Gallagher's ex-wife Nicola regarding domestic abuse were shared widely, first on social media and subsequently in the mainstream press. When Gallagher addressed them in a statement on Thursday, he gave no indication that he was considering removing himself from his role with the Derry footballers.
This naturally gave rise to much speculation as to what would happen if and when he turned up on the sideline for the Ulster showpiece this weekend. How would he be received by Derry supporters? By opposing supporters? By neutrals? Would there be banners in the crowd? Might there still?

Gallagher's decision to step back has removed some of that and lowered the temperature around the game somewhat. That may or may not last beyond the throw-in, as there are plenty of footballing reasons for the game having the potential to take flight.

Derry are aiming to go back-to-back in Ulster for the first time since the mid-1970s. Armagh are back in a provincial decider for the first time since 2008, having watched every other Ulster county reach a final in the meantime. Even before the Gallagher situation brought nationwide attention to it, the Sold Out sign was on the door from early in the week.

But ever since Nicola Gallagher's Facebook post on Tuesday night, it has been virtually impossible to consider the Ulster final in terms of football. An ugly family situation has taken centre-stage, played out in front of a national audience. Any talk of tactical machinations, of attacking goalkeepers, of back-door cuts or anything else has felt even smaller than usual in the face of it all.

For now, there'll be a game. And a winner and a loser and a trophy and a speech.

Rory Gallagher won't be in charge of Derry for any of it.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: JoG2 on May 12, 2023, 09:32:27 PM

Profile - modify profile - buddies / ignore list - edit ignore list. Fill your boots. I can read a man say something the once, not 50 times.

Good man Jog. Fcuk me ive read some shite past few days. Can take no more lol

Edit - jesus thats class. 2 gone already with more to follow no doubt