TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: themac_23 on November 05, 2018, 06:22:57 PM
Anyone watched any of the mayans series? Was looking forward to watching it, loved SOA but couldn't get a decent stream anywhere, only one I did get the sound was out of sync, am I missing much?

Was going to let it finish the season to see the reviews first
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Jeepers Creepers

Louis Thuerox's Altered State. CHrist tha night... Polymary. Hey kids this is the guy who comes around to give your ma one three times a week while we watch tv and set a seat at the breakfast table for him 😦

Billys Boots

Quote from: Main Street on November 05, 2018, 10:21:06 PM
Quote from: Billys Boots on October 25, 2018, 09:12:03 AM
Quote from: gallsman on October 25, 2018, 08:23:40 AM
The Bureau Season 4 has started in France. Anyone got a line on a torrent or stream with English subs?

I'd like to catch up with this from the start - any advice where I can see it?  Or do I have to buy a download account (or worse, DVDs) again?
Billy, you were the first one to  mention this series on this thread. I was so inspired I went to check it out.

Lime Torrents
https://www.limetorrents.info/The-Bureau-S01--Hardcoded-Eng-Subs--Sno-torrent-8564512.html

https://www.limetorrents.info/The-Bureau-S02--Hardcoded-Eng-Subs--Sno-torrent-8604568.html

Thanks MS, hadn't got a chance to get to this yet. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Shamrock Shore

Finished Season 2 of Mr. Mercedes.

Jesus - Gleeson is in top form here. Love they way the character was written as Irish so that Gleeson could slip into the vernacular at time, especially when swearing.

Some fine acting all through but Gleeson and the chap who plays the villain, Harry Threadaway, are in a class of their own.

Billys Boots

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on November 06, 2018, 09:39:10 AM

Jesus - Gleeson is in top form here. Love they way the character was written as Irish so that Gleeson could slip into the vernacular at time, especially when swearing.

Some fine acting all through but Gleeson and the chap who plays the villain, Harry Threadaway, are in a class of their own.

I like it too; it's the only thing in the house that all of us will watch. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Billys Boots on November 06, 2018, 01:13:23 PM

is it on netflix?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Frank_The_Tank

Rewatching Love/Hate at the minute - it is quality stuff from RTE.  The missus had never seen it so I suggested it after we watched Power on Netflix.  Just on too Season 2 last night - forgot how funny old Franno is... ;D

On a side note on train in to work this morning over heard few uni students chatting about watching Friends for first time - getting old  :'(
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

HiMucker

Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on November 06, 2018, 02:26:42 PM
Rewatching Love/Hate at the minute - it is quality stuff from RTE.  The missus had never seen it so I suggested it after we watched Power on Netflix.  Just on too Season 2 last night - forgot how funny old Franno is... ;D

On a side note on train in to work this morning over heard few uni students chatting about watching Friends for first time - getting old  :'(
Where can you get Love Hate to watch? I haven't seen this or Gomorrah on any of the apps I have like Cartoon Hd, and they are both on list to watch.

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: HiMucker on November 06, 2018, 02:38:30 PM
Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on November 06, 2018, 02:26:42 PM

Where can you get Love Hate to watch? I haven't seen this or Gomorrah on any of the apps I have like Cartoon Hd, and they are both on list to watch.

should have stated - paid for it on Amazon Video App on the smart TV and stream it then - 5 quid for season 1 and 6 quid for season 2 - not sure what prices are for remaining seasons.  Could have prob found it to stream for free on the laptop or downloaded it but couldnt be bothered with the hassle - not a massive amount of money in grand scheme of things - price of a few pints for the 2 seasons Ive bought so far
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 06, 2018, 02:22:04 PM
Quote from: Billys Boots on November 06, 2018, 01:13:23 PM

is it on netflix?

Not that I am aware of. Season 2 being shown on RTE at the moment but I saw it all from my, eh, dodgybox.

MoChara

Watched the latest walking dead there yesterday, some shift at the end. Funny when they did the in the next 3 episodes blurb they put up reviews and one of them was "The Walking Dead back to its best" they must of realised it'd gone to shite lol

mrdeeds

Quote from: MoChara on November 07, 2018, 03:54:52 PM
Watched the latest walking dead there yesterday, some shift at the end. Funny when they did the in the next 3 episodes blurb they put up reviews and one of them was "The Walking Dead back to its best" they must of realised it'd gone to shite lol

Think this season is good. Rick's ending should have being different though.

MoChara

Quote from: mrdeeds on November 07, 2018, 05:07:20 PM

All that delirium state stuff made little sense to me, especially when his own wife or son didn't pop in for a chat lol

nrico2006

Quote from: MoChara on November 08, 2018, 06:52:54 AM
Quote from: mrdeeds on November 07, 2018, 05:07:20 PM

All that delirium state stuff made little sense to me, especially when his own wife or son didn't pop in for a chat lol

True.  Don't think Rick ever spoke to Sasha when she was alive either.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

BennyCake

Ok so I'm a few years behind. Have 4 series of Breaking Bad on dvd. Currently in series 2, but sweet jaysus, it's an absolute chore to sit through. Im finding it so slow and bland. I'm really resisting the urge to fling it into the back of the fire, but I keep at it hoping it becomes this great show everyone has talked about

Am I the only one who thinks this?