Dublins League Fixtures

Started by dubnut, November 30, 2006, 01:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dubnut

So what do the Dubs think of our chances of doing well?

Kerry, Tyrone and Cork all at home.
Looks good.

Lads are planning a weekend in donegal already!

Gnevin

It all depends on if we go out to win it or try out new players  . In my opinion we've 12 players that are good enough so we shouldn't be trying new players so much we concede 3 goals in 10 minutes  ::)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

lynchbhoy

Would expect Dublin to beat cork, would fancy their chances against Kerry early season with new mgt and team in transition

Tyrone will be chomping at the bit after the battle of healy park, I hope to be at that floodlit game.

dubnut

I agree Gnevin, 12 regulars and try 3 new guys, I regard Vaughan as new as he hasnt had an extended run, he needs this in the league.
Him and Bernard Brogan, who else do you reckon is most worthy of a try out?

That 3 goals against offaly was terrible, coldest night of the year too, poxy!

Gnevin

1 S. Cluxton | 2 D. Henry | 3 B. Cahill | 4 P. Griffin | 5 P. Casey | 6 B. Cullen | 7 C. Goggins | 8 C. Whelan | 9 S. Ryan | 10 K. Bonner | 11 J. Sherlock | 12 R. Cosgrove | 13 A. Brogan | 14 C. Keaney | 15 T. Quinn

The last starting 15 so we know where we are at

We need cover in the middle so Darren Magee and Denis Bastick should both get a run
Crokes have a player get got a run out a while go never really made it but always impresses with i see him with crokes  O hEineachain
Stephen O'Shaughnessy needs a changes to reclaim a place
Lally also
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

tayto

First up the O'Byrne cup.

Several things that could be looked at.

1] What about putting Paddy Christie back in at 3? By his own admission BC isn too happy in there, or will he get better given time?

2] I'd try SOS back in the corner and move Henry u to wingback in place of Goggins.

3] Definately give Vaughan and B.Brogan a good run in the league, both have the talent to make a real impression. I know Connolly is ony 19 but the kid has real talent - worth a few cameos possibly?

4] What about McConnell in the middle?

I'd try a few things in the O'Byrne cup and stick with one or two changes for the league, we could really do with a good run in the league this year.

How is Norton getting on with his injury, I know he's very highly rated out in Brigids.

resdubwhite

McConnell might be a bit too young. But then again theres nothing to risk in the league.

Any news on whether Eamon Farrell (think thats his name)  will be in the panel. Impressed with him last year

Hound

I wonder will Christie give it another year?

Against big full forwards who arent full of pace (e.g. Donaghy), he'd still be the best man we have to cope. But there arent too many Donaghy's playing full forward at the mo (of course that may change). Most teams don't play traditional full forwards, in which case I'd go with a full back line of SOS, Henry and Griff.

I hear Whelan is giving the league a miss, so there will presumably be some experimentation there. I remember lynchbhoy suggesting Barry Cahill for midfield - I think he'd work out well there.

Donncha Reilly from Skerries might challenge for a wing back position. I hear Peadar has retired due to work committments.....

I hope Jason gives it another year, he still has plenty to offer. But as said above, I'd like to see Vaughan and BBrogan get chances.

Barney

With a guaranteed 82,000 at each home game how can they fail?

Stagmeister

Tayto, agree with all your points except number 4, I dont really rate McConnell too highly at all but I'd love to PC back in at full back and think that Vaughan and B. Brogan have serious potential, especially Vaughan I'd love to see him being given the free taking duties as well for a few games to see how he gets on.

Does anyone have the dates for the league games???

resdubwhite

Quote from: Barney on November 30, 2006, 02:44:56 PM
well as long as all the money goes into DCB coffers that'll be fine. Wouldn't want it funding another Mayo bandwagon.

tayto

No one's going to fall for that wummery [i hope]  :P

dubnut

Quote from: tayto on November 30, 2006, 02:54:17 PM

No one's going to fall for that wummery [i hope]  :P

Nope, worst attempt in ages at riling up the Dubs!  ::)

Gnevin

Quote from: tayto on November 30, 2006, 02:11:35 PM

How is Norton getting on with his injury, I know he's very highly rated out in Brigids.
What happened to him ?

Anyone else feel Casey needs to be replaced ?

tayto

Quote from: Stagmeister on November 30, 2006, 02:48:06 PM
Tayto, agree with all your points except number 4, I dont really rate McConnell too highly at all but I'd love to PC back in at full back and think that Vaughan and B. Brogan have serious potential, especially Vaughan I'd love to see him being given the free taking duties as well for a few games to see how he gets on.

Does anyone have the dates for the league games???

Fair enough, I havent seen too much of him, I'm not 100% sure about Bastic but he could come good.

Vaughan is some freetaker for crokes, I know he missed those kicks against mayo but coming off the bench to take them was tough.