The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: J70 on May 13, 2019, 05:23:27 PM
Quote from: Insane Bolt on May 13, 2019, 08:48:01 AM
If someone had said at the start of the season that Liverpool would only lose one league game but not win the title.....you would have been checking their medication. I think they need a De Bruyne or Hazard style midfielder to overtake city. Same two battling it out next season....unless Spurs add to their squad. I hope Liverpool win the CL final to have something to show for a great season.....but Ihave a nagging feeling that Spurs will nick it.

Champions League final is a toss-up, but I don't think too many Liverpool fans are downbeat at this point. Club will surely strengthen, and they are very well placed to compete at the top level in Europe and England for the next few seasons.

So go ahead and gloat gobshites. Most of us are feeling very positive about Liverpool, something that can't be said for your own club. 8)

Well said, Liverpool have done great to mount such a consistent challenge to a team who are funded by one of the richest countries on earth and who are operating outside of any financial fair play arrangements. Before you say Liverpool spent money, yes they sold one of their best players to generate that income. City have unlimited resource and it shows with the amazing squad they have.
O'Neills Therapist

dec

Not sure if this has been posted already

The LFC TV commentators during the Barcelona game (Steve Hunter and John Aldridge)

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/349755-watch-lfc-commentators-react-as-reds-beat-barcelona

Ambrose

Disappointing end to the league, but we blew it with a series of draws against mid table teams like West Ham, Everton and United. City went on an incredible run and never looked like they would drop any points.
We have the small consolation of the Champions League which in my opinion is a gimme. We will destroy this Tottenham side in the final. I'm delighted we are playing them instead of Ajax. Spurs got lucky in the semi, Ajax lack of experience was their undoing and sadly the bigger European clubs will have the pick of their players over the summer.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Over the Bar on May 14, 2019, 07:41:53 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on May 14, 2019, 06:07:31 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/lfcglobe.co.uk/man-city-players-staff-sing-disgraceful-chant-towards-liverpool-sean-cox/amp/

Didn't know whether to put this here or the WTF thread

Disgraceful if true as reported.

Seems to be true but like everything else stuff like this can be changed. I would like to think if City had anything on them they would make a very quick statement on this either way

Geoff Tipps

Not about Sean Cox apparently. It's about the fighting between Liverpool and Madrid fans in Kiev. We all remember that, right??

J70

I guess there's not as much respect among players as we're led to believe.

But then you also have to have the team dynamic and solidarity first and foremost.

At the very least, a bit silly of whatever City employee released it.

I doubt if many Liverpool players are too bothered. And who knows, maybe the Liverpool players gave it loads last year at the Etihad after knocking City out of the CL.

screenexile

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on May 14, 2019, 08:18:59 PM
Not about Sean Cox apparently. It's about the fighting between Liverpool and Madrid fans in Kiev. We all remember that, right??

Not as good a story though as making a tenuous link to something different and more outrageous ... they've little to be getting offended about the Scousers!!

Boycey

Anyone that thinks that song is disrespecting Sean Cox needs their heads read, a bunch of young lads high on adrenaline after winning the league celebrating a bit too boisterously. City will now release a pointless statement deflecting blame.

The social media age of outrage  ::)

TabClear

Quote from: Boycey on May 14, 2019, 09:20:49 PM
Anyone that thinks that song is disrespecting Sean Cox needs their heads read, a bunch of young lads high on adrenaline after winning the league celebrating a bit too boisterously. City will now release a pointless statement deflecting blame.

Exactly. "Professional footballers not the brightest" shock. Not the best choice of song  but trying to link it to Sean Cox is ridiculous. The bollox that recorded it though should have his phone shoved up his arse sideways. (Along with every other fuckwit who feels the need to record and share every f**king moment on social media)

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: TabClear on May 14, 2019, 09:33:28 PM

Exactly. "Professional footballers not the brightest" shock. Not the best choice of song  but trying to link it to Sean Cox is ridiculous. The bollox that recorded it though should have his phone shoved up his arse sideways. (Along with every other fuckwit who feels the need to record and share every f**king moment on social media)

No harm lads but professional footballers singing a song about fans of another club being battered in the street and celebrating one of their team mates injuring another fellow professional, along with a veiled reference to Hlsborough, is not on. It may not have been about Seán Cox but it's still disrespectful and should be called out. This is not a group of drunken fans and to be honest if I heard that about a team I played on I know what would I would be thinking. In fact I recall an incident where a team did taunt the team I played on and it was used as a motivator which contributed significantly to our success. They are a Shower of classless cocks and are rightly being criticised. 

BennyCake

Quote from: TabClear on May 14, 2019, 09:33:28 PM

Amen to that!!

Armamike

Pity City couldn't show a bit more graciousness. May act in some small way as a extra motivator for Liverpool, but I'd expect the rivalry to get stoked up a bit next season anyway.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armamike on May 14, 2019, 11:30:01 PM
Pity City couldn't show a bit more graciousness. May act in some small way as a extra motivator for Liverpool, but I'd expect the rivalry to get stoked up a bit next season anyway.

Motivator? You not think 30 years of not winning it is not enough motivation?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea