The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 12, 2019, 05:53:01 PM
Will Salah, Firmino, Mane all stay? Or could Madrid come calling?

They can call All they want. Why would anyone leave Liverpool for Madrid at the moment?!?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: RedHand88 on May 12, 2019, 06:54:41 PM

They can call All they want. Why would anyone leave Liverpool for Madrid at the moment?!?
Why does any footballer leave for any team?! If you're on 100 grand a week at Liverpool or 300 grand a week at Madrid I'd say 9 out of 10 footballers take the offer.

screenexile

Weather and Money to name 2 reasons off the top of my head!

In hiding

Is that a serious question?

Why does any player leave one club for another?

To win trophies?

I don't think so

under the bar

Quote from: screenexile on May 12, 2019, 06:58:51 PM

Weather and Money to name 2 reasons off the top of my head!
Not to mention a team that actually wins trophies...

TabClear

Bit of an anticlimax today. Great season but unfortunately just ran into possibly the greatest team ever in the premier league era. A playmaking number ten and some backup upfront, possibly from Brewster depending on his development and we should be challenging again next year. Problem is that city could easily do the same again so no margin for error. Looking at the age profile of the team if we can hold onto everyone we should be right up there for a couple of years.

Small matter of the cl final as consolation as well!

Milltown Row2

Best premier league team would be Utd, just on titles that is
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

TabClear

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 12, 2019, 07:23:55 PM

Most successful club. They had multiple "teams" that typically evolve and refresh over 3-4 years. This city team (2017-19) has bettered their league achievement s domestically by a distance two years in a row.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: TabClear on May 12, 2019, 07:28:12 PM

Most successful club. They had multiple "teams" that typically evolve and refresh over 3-4 years. This city team (2017-19) has bettered their league achievement s domestically by a distance two years in a row.

Be more specific in your post, the best team the premiership has seen (taking league titles as a measurement) is Utd
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Over the Bar

Quote from: TabClear on May 12, 2019, 07:28:12 PM

Stop talking bollox.  The "greatest ever team of the premier League era" is is one that wins the most titles. Even by your reckoning the current City team have won 2 regardless of points totals.  Fergie's teams won 3 in a row twice and 5 with the same core of players.  With the league practically over in March / April he could play kids for most of the remaining fixtures. Points totals don't matter when you've the league  in the bag.

TabClear

MR2, I'm fairly sure you know the point I was making about this City "team". City have racked up 198 points in 2 years, that is phenomenal. United had a couple of great teams over the period but could they have lived with this current city team? In my opinion I don't think so. But That's subjective and it's like  the Pele vs Messi vs Maradona debate of trying to compare over different eras. In any case the village idiot has probably has made his first valid point on this board in that City had to get 98 points this year because they were pushed all the way. Thats highly unusual given the points they won.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 12, 2019, 05:00:21 PM
Hard luck. Drawing with Utd and Everton proved costly in the end.

Such a result was worth giving OGS the job full time! When you look at it closely there was more than one loser out of that result!

Hard Luck!

quit yo jibbajabba

Tabclear i think we know the point youre making and its not far off. Trouble is youve OTB the fuckwit who'll come on and ruin any chance of a sensible discussion and MR2 who in a way is even worse as hes not on the wind up just a bit of a stupid f**ker who feels he has to have an input on pretty much any topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: TabClear on May 12, 2019, 07:56:50 PM
MR2, I'm fairly sure you know the point I was making about this City "team". City have racked up 198 points in 2 years, that is phenomenal. United had a couple of great teams over the period but could they have lived with this current city team? In my opinion I don't think so. But That's subjective and it's like  the Pele vs Messi vs Maradona debate of trying to compare over different eras. In any case the village idiot has probably has made his first valid point on this board in that City had to get 98 points this year because they were pushed all the way. Thats highly unusual given the points they won.

I know what you are getting at, yes they are fecking unreal, and I've no real complaints with City, remember years ago being at the second last  game of the season, chatting to City fan in a bookies! as they lost the game that dropped them into the league below the championship! (Not sure it was called league one) he said living in Utds shadow while Liverpool were top dogs was bearable, but being relegated to the lower leagues while Utd won the PL was the worst!

So I can't begrudge them at all. I've always like Liverpool it was the fans I couldn't take too

Milltown Row2

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 12, 2019, 08:11:15 PM
Tabclear i think we know the point youre making and its not far off. Trouble is youve OTB the fuckwit who'll come on and ruin any chance of a sensible discussion and MR2 who in a way is even worse as hes not on the wind up just a bit of a stupid f**ker who feels he has to have an input on pretty much any topic

Stupid? It's a discussion board, having an opinion is what this place is about, chill your bones and move on, the stress will kill ya!