Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Sidney on August 27, 2014, 05:44:59 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 27, 2014, 05:39:06 PM
Quote from: Sidney on August 27, 2014, 05:12:27 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 27, 2014, 03:01:05 PM

Exactly, there was a great atmosphere. What is wrong with people that you want to choke some random small towns, at short notice, in favour of a day out at Croke Park?
Of course the road from Mayo to Dublin doesn't go through any small towns whatsoever.

You are the self-proclaimed expert, you should know.
You've the local knowledge. You tell me. Does the N5 go through any small towns?

I wouldn't presume to lecture such a cartographical colossus as yourself.

By the way, is the N5 the only way to Dublin from Mayo?
MWWSI 2017

Sidney

Quote from: muppet on August 27, 2014, 06:00:39 PM

Thanks. Admitting I'm right is a start for you.

You'll have noticed from a post I made on another thread that I mentioned the N60. Now, seeing as you say there's more than way from Mayo to Dublin, I'll take it you have the N60 in mind. Do tell us, with your unrivalled local knowledge, does this wonderful, wide road go through any small towns itself?

Hell, if you were so inclined and from a southerly part of Mayo, you could even go to Galway first and travel to Dublin along the whole length of the M6. Now I'll take the lead here with my local knowledge of routes out of Galway. Galway is not nearer to Dublin than Limerick is. In fact you'll find it's a full 70 miles further away.

Convenience, eh?

muppet

Quote from: Sidney on August 27, 2014, 06:15:37 PM

You'll have noticed from a post I made on another thread that I mentioned the N60. Now, seeing as you say there's more than way from Mayo to Dublin, I'll take it you have the N60 in mind. Do tell us, with your unrivalled local knowledge, does this wonderful, wide road go through any small towns itself?

Hell, if you were so inclined and from a southerly part of Mayo, you could even go to Galway first and travel to Dublin along the whole length of the M6. Now I'll take the lead here with my local knowledge of routes out of Galway. Galway is not nearer to Dublin than Limerick is. In fact you'll find it's a full 70 miles further away.

Convenience, eh?

Wow, that would dilute the match traffic, wouldn't it? See, 3 different ways for the match traffic to go, and that is only the supporters who don't take the train which further dilutes things. Add to that the fact that the N5 is a National Primary Route with only a handful of towns on it, some so small they don't even have traffic lights and don't cause delays and you are laughing.

But of course traffic will all merge on the way to Limerick. Have you got this bit yet?
MWWSI 2017

Sidney

Quote from: muppet on August 27, 2014, 06:20:06 PM
Quote from: Sidney on August 27, 2014, 06:15:37 PM

Convenience, eh?

Wow, that would dilute the match traffic, wouldn't it? See, 3 different ways for the match traffic to go, and that is only the supporters who don't take the train which further dilutes things. Add to that the fact that the N5 is a National Primary Route with only a handful of towns on it, some so small they don't even have traffic lights and don't cause delays and you are laughing.

But of course traffic will all merge on the way to Limerick. Have you got this bit yet?
Oh, but what about this huge amount of extra support Mayo would bring to Croke Park, you know all the people who can't go now that it's in Limerick?

And tell me this, does all traffic from Mayo merge onto the same road at Kinnegad when coming to Dublin, or does it not? Have you got this bit yet?

AZOffaly

That's a motorway? Kinnegad is bypassed now isn't it?

Sidney

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 27, 2014, 06:41:05 PM
And the last 63km into Limerick s motorway too.

muppet

Of course it is.

Not much point continuing.
MWWSI 2017

Sidney

Quote from: muppet on August 27, 2014, 06:51:51 PM

Of course it is.

Agreed. No point embarrassing yourself even further.

muppet

Quote from: Sidney on August 27, 2014, 06:53:44 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 27, 2014, 06:51:51 PM

Of course it is.

Agreed. No point embarrassing yourself even further.

Ah Jebus, you played the old primary school classic.

What am I supposed to do now, I've forgotten?

MWWSI 2017

Sidney

Quote from: muppet on August 27, 2014, 06:59:55 PM

I'd suggest you start making tracks for Limerick. Couldn't leave yourself too much time.

muppet

Quote from: Sidney on August 27, 2014, 07:08:24 PM

I'd suggest you start making tracks for Limerick. Couldn't leave yourself too much time.

The irony coming from a Dublin supporter is fantastic.

BTW was this you on your way to Waterville?

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0827/639726-fridge-newry/

An alleged restaurant burglar claims he became trapped inside a fridge while looking for toilets, the High Court in Belfast heard today.

Sean McAvoy told police he got lost inside The Bank Bar and Bistro in Newry, Co Down.
MWWSI 2017

Sidney

Quote from: muppet on August 27, 2014, 07:12:31 PM

An alleged restaurant burglar claims he became trapped inside a fridge while looking for toilets, the High Court in Belfast heard today.

Sean McAvoy told police he got lost inside The Bank Bar and Bistro in Newry, Co Down.

Aw diddums. Dublin supporter being late insult. That cuts deep, real deep. Don't go all primary school on me, now. If it's any consolation to you I'll do my best to drag my coke-addled body out of Quinn's and down Clonliffe Road after the Aston Villa-Hull match on Sunday in time for kick-off at Croke Park. Woops, nearly forgot - throw in - it's a throw-in in Gaaaah.

Given that you think the road from Dublin to Waterville goes through Newry, you're definitely right to be worried about getting from wherever in Mayo you live to Limerick. Hint: don't go through Derry.

muppet

Quote from: Sidney on August 27, 2014, 07:36:30 PM

Aw diddums. Dublin supporter being late insult. That cuts deep, real deep. Don't go all primary school on me, now. If it's any consolation to you I'll do my best to drag my coke-addled body out of Quinn's and down Clonliffe Road after the Aston Villa-Hull match on Sunday in time for kick-off at Croke Park. Woops, nearly forgot - throw in - it's a throw-in in Gaaaah.

Given that you think the road from Dublin to Waterville goes through Newry, you're definitely right to be worried about getting from wherever in Mayo you live to Limerick. Hint: don't go through Derry.

You are the one advising about leaving enough time to get to Limerick. And then you get all upset when the obvious home run is struck on that one.
MWWSI 2017

Sidney

Quote from: muppet on August 27, 2014, 07:42:57 PM

You are the one advising about leaving enough time to get to Limerick. And then you get all upset when the obvious home run is struck on that one.
Terribly upset.

NaomhBridAbĂș

Quote from: muppet on August 27, 2014, 07:42:57 PM

Lads get a room and ride the hole aff each other
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye