***NEW Hurling Championship Proposals Revealed***

Started by thejuice, September 02, 2008, 05:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

mate you mistake closeness for quality. mayo and galway are barely top8 football teams yet you compare them to the greatest team in history. Revise your post and come back to me.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: INDIANA on October 09, 2008, 09:54:37 PM
mate you mistake closeness for quality.

Sure you could have said that about the Leinster football championship yet you say Connacht is poor. Connacht had been a good deal better than Leinster over the past decade.

Galforever

Quotemate you mistake closeness for quality. mayo and galway are barely top8 football teams yet you compare them to the greatest team in history. Revise your post and come back to me.

I dont want to get into a debate about the quality of Connacht football on a hurling thread but to say that Galway/Mayo are barely top 8 teams is just ridiculous. Mayo ran the eventual all-ireland champions closer than anyone this year. And Galway werent too far off beating Kerry so I just cant see where you are coming from??? The only possible teams I'd have ahead of them are Tyrone, Kerry, Cork? I cant see how you can claim any of the other teams are definitely ahead of them  ??? ???
Comparing Connacht football with Leinster hurling makes just no sense because you are not comparing like with like.

Back to the hurling, You seem to be suggesting that there is quality in Leinster hurling outside Kilkenny? And your evidence is where exactly? That some leinster teams NEARLY beat some Munster teams this year & that Offaly beat a very poor Limerick team. If these Leinster teams were genuinely on par with the top teams in Munster (Cork, Waterford & Tipp) then they would be BEATING these teams and getting into an all-ireland final with Kilkenny themselves. I would also imagine that we would be seeing these teams competing for league titles (especially as a league title should mean more to these guys than it does to Kilkenny) but I dont think theres been a League winner outside Leinster (apart from Kilkenny) for years (Did Offaly & Wexford play in a final a while back?)