?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Jimmy

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 28, 2022, 02:17:34 PM
Quick question from me again - as the Derry SFC is planned to be reduced from 16 to 12 teams for 2023, from what I see the plan to do this involves relegating four teams in four separate relegation play-off among the eight 1st knockout round losers. Does this mean that this year's IFC winners won't be competing in the 2023 SFC?

Yes - no promotion for this year only. In order for IFC winner to come up you'd have to relegate 5 teams in order to keep the 12 team league for next year. Also the IFC winners are effectively the 17th best team in Derry. You'd be putting them in with the 11 best teams in Derry for 2023 which would be a stuffing match for majority of the games. It goes to 1 up and 1 down from next year I believe.

Cluborcountywhynotboth

Quote from: toby47 on September 28, 2022, 02:08:23 PM
Quote from: MajorShields26 on September 28, 2022, 01:56:43 PM
Any predictions for Senior QFs, relegation playoffs, IFC Sfs or JFC? Swatragh fancy themselves for an upset?

Are the relegation play offs going to go ahead?

Rumours of teams appealing. Anyone any information what the case for appeal is?
Won't matter anyway, they will just change it again in the off season to suit the 'big clubs'. You really think they are going to let Bellaghy or Ballinascreen go down? No chance.

MajorShields26

Quote from: oakleaflad on September 29, 2022, 12:43:27 PM
Ballinascreen have officially lodged an objection to their relegation fixture with Bellaghy - from the Derry Post on Twitter.

Ballinascreen should maybe focus a bit more on championships performances rather than going to county board!! Went hard at start of year and won ulster league. Peaked too early didn't have enough come the business end. Why should they stay up?

LoughNeagh

Quote from: oakleaflad on September 29, 2022, 12:43:27 PM
Ballinascreen have officially lodged an objection to their relegation fixture with Bellaghy - from the Derry Post on Twitter.

Sorry, can't find that tweet. Can you link to it please?

Ballinascreen are a strange one. Massive parish should be doing better. 1 year in intermediate would do them no harm.

screenexile

toby47

Celebrating a pre-season Ulster League like they'd won the Ulster Club wasn't a good idea.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Its flawed concept though, even though I agree they should have just left it. There are teams like  who havent won a match all year and could stay up at last minute

screenexile

Quote from: toby47 on September 29, 2022, 01:10:12 PM
Celebrating a pre-season Ulster League like they'd won the Ulster Club wasn't a good idea.

Nonsense

oakleaflad

Tweet has been deleted so i'll delete original post.

GiveItToTheShooters

Shocking if true. Yapping that they could be relegated, quare arrogance

oakleaflad

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 29, 2022, 01:15:36 PM
Its flawed concept though, even though I agree they should have just left it. There are teams like  who havent won a match all year and could stay up at last minute
There should have been promotion and relegation from the leagues. If it means separating championship and league then so be it. Should probably be 4 leagues anyway if you want it to be competitive and of fairly even standard.

MajorShields26

County board laid all out at start of year. Any complaints about format should of been made then. All teams knew what was happening. Teams that go down surely aren't good enough for 12 team senior football anyway??

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: MajorShields26 on September 29, 2022, 01:59:07 PM

County board laid all out at start of year. Any complaints about format should of been made then. All teams knew what was happening. Teams that go down surely aren't good enough for 12 team senior football anyway??

I agree, but teams stayin up possibly wont be either

oakleaflad

You are right. Overall i'd have more concerns about the bottom of Junior than Senior going forward with the format, regardless of which teams get relegated. If the team relegated are good enough they'll go up next year.

Man Marker

wrong in my view. Coleriane bt Loup. Loup draw Claudy in the playoff, thats a gimme ffs. Bellaghy  bt Dungiven who could be in a semi after the weekend. Banagher and Clady in Swatraghs group giving Swa an easier seeding theoretically. Nothing between Ballinderry, Newbdrige, Dungiven Bellaghy Swatragh, Coleraine and Kilrea, a kick of a ball or bad luck on the day between them.