TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Someone had put it up before but have watched Traitors on BBC, proper herd mentality lord of the flies stuff, watching people turn on each other is great viewing
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tbrick18

Just finished watching Wednesday with the kids - Addams family spin off. Quite enjoyable.
Currently watching Peripheral on Prime. I'm about half way through, time travelling, end of the world, paradox type stuff. Decent.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tbrick18 on December 14, 2022, 10:27:19 AM
Just finished watching Wednesday with the kids - Addams family spin off. Quite enjoyable.
Currently watching Peripheral on Prime. I'm about half way through, time travelling, end of the world, paradox type stuff. Decent.

Yes enjoying Peripheral, in fairness it requires no distractions when watching it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Quote from: tbrick18 on December 01, 2022, 09:44:00 AM
Having watched the end of the of The Walking Dead (it was just ok), I decided to revisit Fear the Walking Dead.
Watched first 4 series a couple of years ago I think.
Currently on season 7, post nuclear explosions.
It does a really good job of painting a grim picture, some tense viewing. Actually think it's much better than TWD.

I opted out of TWD after Rick was whisked off in the helicopter. It was deteriorating rapidly in the lead up. Never really got into FTWD after the first season.

Did I miss anything worth investing time going back to see, given the multitude of options available for tv viewing these days?

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 14, 2022, 10:50:43 AM

Yes enjoying Peripheral, in fairness it requires no distractions when watching it

So no posting on GAABoard while watching it? That's tough, people could be talking blx and you wouldn't be able to stop them.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on December 14, 2022, 01:11:39 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 14, 2022, 10:50:43 AM

So no posting on GAABoard while watching it? That's tough, people could be talking blx and you wouldn't be able to stop them.

No ya dafty! When I'm watching it I'm hardly on here!! I meant no distractions in the house!  Some people just look for it ;D

bennydorano

2nd series of white lotus was very good, much better than the first imo.

J70

Quote from: bennydorano on December 14, 2022, 06:16:40 PM
2nd series of white lotus was very good, much better than the first imo.

It was excellent, and a cool ending, but I thought the first season shaded it, mainly due to the fun of watching Murray Bartlett at work.

Some scenery in Sicily though!

An Watcher

Love that show.  Wonder where the next one will be

nrico2006

Slow Horses and Tulsa King are very good.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

imtommygunn

Just finished the first series of the white lotus. It's definitely a bit odd but very entertaining.

Tony Baloney

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on December 02, 2022, 12:47:09 AM
Quote from: 03,05,08 on December 01, 2022, 11:29:23 AM
Andor is fantastic

Hadn't heard much about Andor. Does it work as a stand-alone, or how well would you need to know the entire back story?

It's essentially a spy story, as said above, how the empire oppression worked day to day and how resistance to it rose. It would help if you knew SW but definitely can be watched in isolation

Silver hill

There's a lot of stuff going on in Tommy's head. Epic west on rte1 was superbly crafted.

Quote from: Silver hill on December 15, 2022, 08:10:49 AM
There's a lot of stuff going on in Tommy's head. Epic west on rte1 was superbly crafted.

The dj from Galway would do your head in