The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 27, 2015, 02:31:17 PM

As for Mario, at times he frustrates, his demeanour makes it hard to make excuses for him, but I've said a couple of times this season that I think he is actually trying and putting himself about a bit more. Unfortunately the British, and ex-pro, media just cannot abide his personality and the way he strolls around. Steven Gerrard, as his captain, did him no favours with the penalty incident at Anfield. As such every time there's any sort of doubt, they jump down his neck, and it's a bit pathetic.

He's been fairly decent his last 3 or 4 appearances, but they don't want to acknowledge that. It's easier to stick to the narrative. And last night I'd have had Sturridge off before him.

+1
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

magpie seanie

Quote from: deiseach on February 27, 2015, 01:58:54 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on February 27, 2015, 01:23:47 PM
Quote from: deiseach on February 26, 2015, 09:13:53 PM
I refuse to accept that losing can ever be positive. If nothing else, it's a dent in Liverpool's penalty shoot out armour. Oh well.

The one time I wanted Liverpool to win a penalty shootout...

Do you sincerely think it will be a positive for Liverpool in terms of their league position to lose last night?

Yes.

supersub

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 27, 2015, 02:31:17 PM
I think Sturridge has heard all about how Liverpool struggled without him in the side, and he's almost convinced himself he has to carry the team going forward. If he just becomes a piece of the jigsaw, with his talents, as opposed to trying to *be* the whole picture, he will be fine.

As for Mario, at times he frustrates, his demeanour makes it hard to make excuses for him, but I've said a couple of times this season that I think he is actually trying and putting himself about a bit more. Unfortunately the British, and ex-pro, media just cannot abide his personality and the way he strolls around. Steven Gerrard, as his captain, did him no favours with the penalty incident at Anfield. As such every time there's any sort of doubt, they jump down his neck, and it's a bit pathetic.

He's been fairly decent his last 3 or 4 appearances, but they don't want to acknowledge that. It's easier to stick to the narrative. And last night I'd have had Sturridge off before him.

Most certainly!

blewuporstuffed

Great goal from henderson and a excellent reply from city.decent game,quite open. Coutinho has been superb.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

CD

Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

Be nice if the bitters did us a favour in the next game.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Minder

Great performance, reminiscent of last season. Coutinjo blossoming into an absolute star. Henderson very good too.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

J70

Great win. Looked like it could go either way for the first hour, but Liverpool ended up bossing the second half, City's two late chances notwithstanding. They really pressured City into mistakes with the pressing and looked very dangerous going forward.

Well in now in the race for a champions league spot. That's three tough wins against Spurs, Southampton and City in a row.

AZOffaly

Great result, and what a great, positive performance. Hard to pick a bad performer, even Joe Allen was good.

gawa316

Not a bad wee result considering the boys were told to just go out and play!

Pressing from the whole team was impressive especially Allen, Hendo and Lallana. Coutinho is turning into an absolute star. Kudos to Lovern too, thought he had a good game

deiseach

Quote from: laoislad on March 01, 2015, 01:52:57 PM
Be nice if the bitters did us a favour in the next game.

They can hear the sucking sound below them, and they still won't shake a leg if it helps Liverpool. Small time.

Tony Baloney

What a turnaround to the season. Hardly anything it from 3rd to 5th so United at end of month and Arsenal in April should sort some of this out.

Minder

Rodgers deserves immense credit, couldn't see him turning it around. No coincidence that Henderson is playing like that without Gerrard in the team
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"