The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 25, 2015, 06:36:48 PM
Also Balo has not been as bad as some would have you believe. While he hasn't tipped trees up he has scored or been involved in the winning of 4 very important games through goals or assists. The club will near enough break even on him transfer wise as they would no doubt get £15m as he is undoubtedly talented and still quite young.

Ulster says NO to selling Balo!

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

J70

Quote from: T Fearon on February 24, 2015, 05:50:49 PM
Tell you what if Liverpool do finish in the top four I will give them full credit and acknowledge Rogers as an excellent manager.Watched them at Old Trafford in December and they looked complete shite.Turnaround is quite impressive and Rogers has dealt extremely well with the pressure.

I thought, and I don't think I'm alone in this, that that match was the turning point of the season. Yeah, the result was shite, but as a team they actually played quite well that day, ridiculous individual mistakes for the goals aside, at least in comparison to the utter dross they'd served up all season to that point.
Jones was a disaster and dove the wrong way for two of the goals (Rooney literally passed the ball into the net from the edge of the box!), a Lovren mistake gifted the third, and United's second was offside. At the same time, it was the first time this season that Rodgers tried the three at the back and got the fast movement going again. They actually looked like they could finally create a few chances, and they did. Unfortunately poor shooting and DeGea having an outstanding day meant they didn't take any.
Never like to lose to United, but in the context of the season, it was a good day, at least with the benefit of hindsight. Turnaround began there and then.

Bingo

Quote from: Bingo on February 19, 2015, 10:40:07 PM
Quote from: laoislad on February 19, 2015, 10:33:08 PM
Besiktas are a decent enough side. It won't be that easy next week in the Atatürk.
Btw have we ever played there before??

It rings a bell.

Best place to play them as not their home and big track round it, so not quite the in your face hostile atmosphere you normally get in Turkey.

Seems it might be hostile enough, looks like a 76k sell out!

Early goal to take the noise out of it, please.

laoislad

Quote from: Bingo on February 26, 2015, 10:19:23 AM
Besiktas are a decent enough side. It won't be that easy next week in the Atatürk.

It rings a bell.

Best place to play them as not their home and big track round it, so not quite the in your face hostile atmosphere you normally get in Turkey.

Be more fun to go 3-0 down before half time..
Who knows what could happen in the second half being 3-0 at half time in the Ataturk!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bingo

Quote from: laoislad on February 26, 2015, 10:35:27 AM
Quote from: Bingo on February 26, 2015, 10:19:23 AM

It rings a bell.

Be more fun to go 3-0 down before half time..
Who knows what could happen in the second half being 3-0 at half time in the Ataturk!

Be a lot easier as well in second half, would need to win that half 2-0  :D

deiseach

I recently saw the implosion at Selhurst Park last season described as Crystanbul. I managed to smile.

heganboy

starting Balotelli and Sturridge- now we're talking...

Mignolet; Toure, Lovren, Skrtel; Ibe, Can, Allen, Moreno; Sterling, Balotelli, Sturridge.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

heganboy

storage looking a bit rusty, getting into good spots though.
"Storage" feck me auto correct
Sturridge- surprised Lallana came in for Balo tbh.

Captain Obvious

The Turks deserved that win however having done most of running they might tire in extra time and allow Liverpool  to nick in for a winning goal.

CD

Ricky Lambert! 4 touches, gave it away 4 times. Dung bag.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Capt Pat

gawa316

Citee will be loving this extra time

CD

Has anyone else just lost a signal?????
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!