Tír Eoghain v An Mhí (AI Quarter Final '07)

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 19, 2007, 02:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Apparently four of the Tyrone lads had to undergo drug tests at last night's training session, and MH is none too happy about it to say the least! Has any other county's squad been similarly tested this year, or are we being singled out? All helps to fire us up, thanks (competent) GAA authorities  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Star Spangler

Mickeys issue wasn't that Tyrone were singled out - testing goes on all the time.  His problem was that they chose to disrupt the last training session before a major game to do the tests when they could have done them earlier in the week.  All the same, Mickey's never happy anyway!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Appreciate that SS, what I meant was the final training session before the game. All tests were negative in any event.

mannix

I reckon tyrone will meet a hard team here, meath are all brawn and can play but not as well as tyrone.Meath will no doubt use the rough stuff on the like of mcmenamin and co,tyrones usual hardmen.Pains me to say it but meath are on the way back, if they find a fast scoring forward they will win a few titles.
Meath by 3 after a serious game of football not to be missed.

Star Spangler

I'm looking forward to it.  It's the main thing that kept me going through a shite week at work!  I'm expecting a Tyrone v Armagh version of events as I think Armagh and Meath are more similar that either would probably want to admit.  I just hope it's the '05 semi version though.  :)

The Claw

Quote from: mannix on August 03, 2007, 04:44:56 PM
if they find a fast scoring forward they will win a few titles.
Stephen Bray.
I think this game could be a big one for Brian Farrell with most of the attention on Brayor.

Jinxy

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 03, 2007, 04:28:42 PM
Jeez I leave ye alone for one day and ye turn into children singing chants and wondering who's colour is best.

I for one predicted McCaul and Joey in FB line as we need height and man to man defenders there for this game.
As someone said earlier, Carlin looks better than he really is with his pace going forward and his busy bee tactics

But man to man he's too small and easy held off.
Can you imagine him marking Mugsy or even O'Neill. Maybe the smaller nipper forwards yeah but Meath have all 6 footers

I had him in at No.5 and can see him replacing Denephew in 2nd half.

Likewise I expect Dooher not to start and come on in 2nd half if needed

I'm sticking with my early prediction
Tyrone by 6 points with us singing

If you can't beat Tyrone beat yer wife

Be sure and hold your head up high when you sing that.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Fuzzman

Aye for if U should leave yer head low with ye F**kers about, you'd get walked on.  :o

And the Dubs on the night link that night also sang

We know where your Farm is

Hardy

Puckoon

Are setanta not showing the quarterfinals on broadband!???? ??? ??? ??? >:( >:( Some one please tell me that Im just computer illiterate and cant find the correct broadband schedule! :-\

Puckoon

Alright, I am not compter illiterate per se, but was just looking in the wrong place. I guess they have upgraded us to a pay per view event. Thank the risen jesus for that. Was almost a long drive to the west coast to find a suitable watering hole that was going to show the game. :D

johnpower

Tompkins and Hayes went for Cork and Tyrone on Newstalk to night . I think myseld it will be Tyrone by 4/5 after a draw . Is Dooher fully fit and what injury did he have ?. This is Tyrones first big Croker match since 2005 I can see their pace and intensity been too much for Meath . What about Darren Fay will he mark Mulligan this will be some battle two strong men

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: johnpower on August 03, 2007, 08:50:11 PM
Is Dooher fully fit and what injury did he have ?. This is Tyrones first big Croker match since 2005 I can see their pace and intensity been too much for Meath . What about Darren Fay will he mark Mulligan this will be some battle two strong men

Dooher has some kind of 'mystery' hernia problem JP, that has so far defied all analysis and diagnosis, but it seems to have improved immensely of the last few days (thankfully). Yes, I'd expect that Fay will be given a detail to tail Mulligan, wherever he may wander, but I'd expect that to be anywhere in the last third  ;)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: mannix on August 03, 2007, 04:44:56 PM
Meath by 3 after a serious game of football not to be missed.

Not being smart here Mannix, but whom did you tip for last weekend's action?

johnpower

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 03, 2007, 09:04:09 PM
Quote from: johnpower on August 03, 2007, 08:50:11 PM
Is Dooher fully fit and what injury did he have ?. This is Tyrones first big Croker match since 2005 I can see their pace and intensity been too much for Meath . What about Darren Fay will he mark Mulligan this will be some battle two strong men

Dooher has some kind of 'mystery' hernia problem JP, that has so far defied all analysis and diagnosis, but it seems to have improved immensely of the last few days (thankfully). Yes, I'd expect that Fay will be given a detail to tail Mulligan, wherever he may wander, but I'd expect that to be anywhere in the last third  ;)

Whats the view in Tyrone Fear ? Are the fans confident ? I expect a big Crowd . I suppose Sligo  will get the Tyrone support in the first game?