Tír Eoghain v An Mhí (AI Quarter Final '07)

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 19, 2007, 02:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red hander

With such great eyesight it's a wonder you didn't notice all the off-the-ball and niggling being done by the Monaghan boys, Kerry Mike.
If McCullough stuck the shoulder into anybody he'd hurt it on his opponent's knee, he's that small.

Get over 2003 and 2005, ffs

Puckoon

Kerry mike, I enjoy most of your posts, but I must have had my head in the sandwich bag when the tyrone inside forward line put the shoulder in the monaghan men. I was seated right on the 14 yard line, interestingly watching for any shenanigans. Didnt see it happen. Id flown 6000 miles to watch the game, so I wont admit that at any stage I wasnt watching! I think the tone was set when corey grappled all over mulligan 2 times before the referee even game him a black tick. However, I think it was a hard hitting contest. Monaghan left no stone unturned and just fell a little short. Cant understand how mickey harte (granted, 2 senior all irelands to my none) left conor and gourley so exposed for so long in the second half. 8 points up? Surely the option was to sweep infront of the back two and have monaghan try and claw it back from long range.
Monaghan Kerry could be the tie of the round. Good luck.

Tyrones own

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Fear ón Srath Bán

Kerry Mike's just indulging in a bit of typical Kingdom Tyrone bashing ("neutral"... what?) there: everything out of context, as if our lads weren't niggled and provoked before the teams even got near the field. Still, if it makes him feel better we can't really complain, just hope he puts his house on Meath on Saturday, just to show that his 'sneaky feeling' isn't just as much hot air  :P ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Mike Sheehy

So do you think this kind of "tactic" is justified or not ? Do you not think that shaking the had of your opposite number before and after the game is one of the most important of sporting gestures..?

If that goes then there isnt much hope for the game, at least from a sporting context.

Tyrones own

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 02, 2007, 12:39:20 AM
So do you think this kind of "tactic" is justified or not ? Do you not think that shaking the had of your opposite number before and after the game is one of the most important of sporting gestures..?

If that goes then there isnt much hope for the game, at least from a sporting context.

So let me see if i have this right, its OK to shake a mans hand before a game, in fact its quite sportsman like
But then 10 minutes later give him a dirty blatant punch in the nuts, now would that be an equally important
sporting gesture? in the matter of a sporting context of course :-*
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

rrhf

Tyronemen abu,  rise above it lads.  What about Moyles who should have seen a straight red V Galway before half time and would have missed this game. 

Deal_Me_In

Is the team being announced tonight? I though it was being announced last night (although you can't believe anything BBC sources claim regarding GAA)

Fear ón Srath Bán

The latest is that Dooher is starting (RTE1 radio)!  :o

And yes, teamsheet should be released this evening.

tyssam5

This Mike Sheehy character is some bitter bollix, over here posting on the Tyrone v. Meath thread, which is already a healthy 19 pages.

You'd think he might want to contribute his erudite opinions on the paltry 5 page Kerry v. Monaghan thread, but no, I don't see a single contribution from him over there.

Must be waiting till the final.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Forgive me if I don't take the word of your fellow Kerry man as gospel in this instance, not alone is he from Kerry, but his other half is actually from Tyrone's opposition county for that game. And as he remarks himself, peculiar that no one else referred to these 'incidents'. Some 'neutral'.

Do you agree with the opposition taking your changing rooms and dishonouring the agreement to wear 2nd choice jerseys?

Once again it seems, you betray your complete inability to see both sides of anything where Tyrone's concerned, though KM had hidden it fairly well up until this point.

Anyway, this thread is about the Meath game, let's leave it at that.

Kerry Mike

And yes what I saw in Clones happened, I hadn't heard about the locked dressing rooms or the wrong jerseys but there was an edge to both teams before that game. Note I have said both teams but the antics of not shaking the oppositions hand just looked very unsporting to me. But hey what would I know.

Ye are easily wound up lads must be nerves before Saturday.

We havent even mentioned McConnell's little hand to eye coordination with Cooper in 05 yet , but we're not bitter ;)
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Star Spangler

KM, the point is that the antagonism was started before the players got to the pitch so what you saw (or didn't see  ;) ) was a continuation of what was already going on.  I doubt if Kerry would have rolled over and taken it either - particularly in a provincial final.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Kerry Mike on August 02, 2007, 10:01:37 AM
Ye are easily wound up lads must be nerves before Saturday.

Why?  ;)