The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

I fear a bit of a rout on Saturday
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Puckoon

Don't read this thread every day so not sure if this has been discussed to death yet - but there's very little action from the Ox since he joined. Read a few newspaper reports that Klopp doesn't really rate him - and it certainly seems like he wont be playing middle of the park as was his want.

Dead Duck transfer or do you still hold out hope for him? Wouldn't have minded him staying at Arsenal to be fair - but not sure how he fits into this Liverpool team.

laoislad

Despite Walter Croncs one man crusade to say otherwise I think every Liverpool fan knew he was being bought as a squad player.
I doubt Klopp would have signed him if he didn't want him as was seen when he wouldn't buy any other centre back than VVD. Klopp doesn't seem to buy players for the sake of it.

Mane a massive loss.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: laoislad on October 10, 2017, 05:26:59 PM
Despite Walter Croncs one man crusade to say otherwise I think every Liverpool fan knew he was being bought as a squad player.
I doubt Klopp would have signed him if he didn't want him as was seen when he wouldn't buy any other centre back than VVD. Klopp doesn't seem to buy players for the sake of it.

Mane a massive loss.

I don't think I ever stated that he would be a first team player LL. I just fail to see what he is good at having seen him live on numerous occasions. There are loads of players in the same boat though!

Puckoon

At least he was starting at the Emirates. Weird move by the player then.

Armamike

Quote from: Minder on October 10, 2017, 04:46:40 PM

But Man u are going well at the minute.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Avondhu star

Quote from: Armamike on October 10, 2017, 09:16:48 PM

Manchester United are going well because they have been playing teams that are traditionally always below them and don't make the top 5. But now Liverpool Chelsea etc are coming up so we will see how good they are
Liverpool are always capable of rising their game for the top sides
It's the inconsistency they show against the Crystal Palaces of the league that hits them year in year out
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Milltown Row2

Home game against a team that were below youvin the league the last few seasons and have parked the bus against you also... get your lot on Liverpool... 3-1
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Champions elect according to their fans.

I haven't watched very much if any of their games this season. They are obviously going well though so I'd be happy with a draw. Mane a massive loss for us but we should still have enough going forward to trouble them. Depends on how the defence holds up. Then again they may just come and park the bus and hoof the ball long like they did last season.
1-1

Maribor game on Tuesday is arguably a bigger game in terms of needing a win at this early stage of the season.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

StGallsGAA

Quote from: laoislad on October 11, 2017, 07:57:17 AM

I haven't watched very much if any of their games this season. They are obviously going well though so I'd be happy with a draw. Mane a massive loss for us but we should still have enough going forward to trouble them. Depends on how the defence holds up. Then again they may just come and park the bus and hoof the ball long like they did last season.
1-1

Maribor game on Tuesday is arguably a bigger game in terms of needing a win at this early stage of the season.

Happy enough with a draw at home? What a chicken-shit attitude!!   Lol!   Like most of the past 27 seasons in Anfield expectations tend to fall through the floor around October when the dark realisation set in!   ;D ;D

J70

Quote from: laoislad on October 11, 2017, 07:57:17 AM

1-1

I'd be happy enough with a draw too.

I would expect Mourinho to set United up similarly, hoping to nick it on a corner or free.

Hopefully a better game than last year's disgrace though.

Milltown Row2

Agreed, I can't see any change from last season, having form is one thing but these games take a life of their own... park the bus and if Utd can nick a goal then great... it's just Liverpool are due a big win
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

TabClear

https://dugout.com/liverpoolfc/moreno-nets-a-stunning-scorpion-kick-in-training

"Stunning" might be overstating it a bit  :P . Higuita he aint.

As for tomorrow I have to say I feel really nervous about it. ManĂ© is a massive blow and I worry about our lack of cover in front of the back four.  United have serious pace in Martial, Rashford, Lukaku and Mkitharyan and I can see them sitting back (Not to the extent that they did last year) and looking to hit us on the  break. Would prefer Robertson to Moreno and probably Firmino leading the line.