Kerry V Tyrone Fodder AISF 23rd August 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 02, 2015, 04:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Disagree. Our run was no better than kerrys annual run. If they can get this type of draw year in year out surely we can again.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hound

Quote from: ONeill on August 28, 2015, 10:40:35 PM
I agree that there's no guarantee that we'll be contenders next year. We were this year though, due to a run from heaven.
Definitely became contenders this year. I'd be a bit wary of 2nd season syndrome next year given it was a breakthrough year for a good few lads this year.

I wonder are Meath not as far away as they seem? The Westmeath match was a freak game, and there was only a soft penalty between them and Tyrone. Or did Tyrone play below par in that game?

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Hound on August 29, 2015, 07:52:39 AM
Quote from: ONeill on August 28, 2015, 10:40:35 PM
I agree that there's no guarantee that we'll be contenders next year. We were this year though, due to a run from heaven.
Definitely became contenders this year. I'd be a bit wary of 2nd season syndrome next year given it was a breakthrough year for a good few lads this year.

I wonder are Meath not as far away as they seem? The Westmeath match was a freak game, and there was only a soft penalty between them and Tyrone. Or did Tyrone play below par in that game?

We only need to look at Armagh for that, they were superb last year and really should have held out against Donegal late on but failed to do so. From what I saw of them in Championship action this year they are a rabble, in saying that I think we're a level ahead of them and I think that Monaghan game have the players the belied to go along with the ability, it saw us retain our swagger.

Priority for next year will be an Ulster title, I think we've had some absolutely rotten draws in Ulster in the past 5 years so could do with a slice of luck in that, although it's rare you get a handy draw in Ulster.

On Meath, it was the first time they adopted a defensive gameplan and despite it obviously been thrown together on a whim, they carried it out well and could easily have beaten us that day. They've played naive, outdated football in recent years and have achieved nothing playing it. I believe they have the players to be a test for the current big boys if they get with the program and develop a game plan to suit current day needs, still probably a good 2/3 years off that though but it's a very young panel.

lenny

Quote from: Throw ball on August 28, 2015, 10:35:19 PM
Have all the Tyronies gone to Bundoran for the weekend. There hasn't been a post on this thread for about 20 hours! ;D

What made this game v entertaining was that tyrone never got ahead in the second half and were always chasing the game. If tyrone had gone a couple of points ahead at any stage they would have resorted to their usual cynicism (diving, going down for treatment for minutes at a time, pushing and shoving and mouthing around free kick awards). Fair play to Kerry for continuing to concentrate on football which meant the closing stages were relatively open and entertaining. As for tyrone they could be contenders next year but need an injection of quality with mcgeary and the brennans maybe strengthening the team. They were shown up against kerry as having a few poor enough footballers.

BennyHarp

Quote from: lenny on August 29, 2015, 09:02:07 AM
Have all the Tyronies gone to Bundoran for the weekend. There hasn't been a post on this thread for about 20 hours! ;D

What made this game v entertaining was that tyrone never got ahead in the second half and were always chasing the game. If tyrone had gone a couple of points ahead at any stage they would have resorted to their usual cynicism (diving, going down for treatment for minutes at a time, pushing and shoving and mouthing around free kick awards). Fair play to Kerry for continuing to concentrate on football which meant the closing stages were relatively open and entertaining. As for tyrone they could be contenders next year but need an injection of quality with mcgeary and the brennans maybe strengthening the team. They were shown up against kerry as having a few poor enough footballers.

Absolutely! That's why the non penalty was so important! We wouldn't have lost from that position!!
That was never a square ball!!

lenny

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 29, 2015, 09:58:13 AM
Quote from: lenny on August 29, 2015, 09:02:07 AM

Absolutely! That's why the non penalty was so important! We wouldn't have lost from that position!!

Correct, it was a non penalty. The so called foul occurred outside the large rectangle and mcnulty dived inside. To be fair I think it probably was a foul initially but the exaggerated dive made it an easy decision for the ref. The yellow card for mcnulty was very harsh also and in my opinion was a totally incorrect application of the rules. The Mccann "hairgate" scandal highlighted for everyone the rules around this. When a ref sees someone "feigning injury" he should give them a yellow card ie mccann should have got a yellow card. Mcnulty however didn't feign injury, he simply exaggerated his fall to the ground hoping to win a penalty. At no stage did he pretend to be injured.

Hardy

It's a yellow card, whether feigning injury or diving for a foul.

RULE 5 - AGGRESSIVE FOULS
5.4 To attempt to achieve an advantage by feigning a
foul or injury.

I think there should be a distinction, though. Yellow for diving for a foul, black for feigning injury (until we abolish the black - red then).

INDIANA

I see Conor Mc kenna just kicked his first AFL goal inside the first 5 mins of starting for Essendon.

Tyrone are going to miss him

ONeill

Good start for McKenna. Sledged the fook outta them.

rrhf

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: INDIANA on August 29, 2015, 01:48:48 PM
I see Conor Mc kenna just kicked his first AFL goal inside the first 5 mins of starting for Essendon.

He'll clean up all around him, garner every accolade there is to be gathered, get bored, come home to Tyrone. Sin é :)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ONeill

4 disposals, 2 marks, 2 tackles and a goal.

Gaffer

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 29, 2015, 02:12:17 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 29, 2015, 01:48:48 PM

He'll clean up all around him, garner every accolade there is to be gathered, get bored, come home to Tyrone. Sin é :)

Sooner rather than later I hope!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

blanketattack

After watching the poor standard in the 2nd semi maybe the experts were wrong and the two best teams in the country were in the first semi-final. :P