Motivational music for the team bus

Started by Lecale2, November 23, 2006, 12:08:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

Good Stuff Kerry Mike - the good oul' days.
When you just kicked the ball as high and far as you can and bate lumps out of each other.
Come to think of it, similiar to a junior b game now - or am I doing a dis-service to junior b's? :D

magpie seanie

QuoteGod be with the days when you got motivated by the simple thought of pulling on your club or county jersey without some crap music blaring in your head. Never heard the likes of it.

Agreed. I thought about putting somethnig like this on the thread earlier but unfortunately times have changed. Nowadays you even have f**kers who want to be paid to play but they haven't the balls to tell you that....

ruudy

Carmina Burana by Carl Orff. You will know the one when you hear it.

ONeill

KM, it's all about the extra inch. 15x15 may get motivated equally by pulling on the geansai and matched in fitness and skill, but it's that wee bit extra that can give a man the edge. Imagine running in on goal with beads of sweat lashing off the forehead, your legs carrying you at a speed you never thought possible. The keeper moves towards you and suddenly he seems massive with the net nowhere to be seen. You know you can't progress any further as the keeper, probably 5 ft tall weighing 17st, will be on top of you befiore you can say 'ah balax'. What better to pop into your head but 'Do you want your oul lobby washed down' as you lash the ball through the legs of Sammy 'the Cat' McInerny.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fionntamhnach

When I was involved with the Vocational Schools team, we took a leaf out of Mickey Harte's book in 2004 and 2005 by getting the players in the squad to pick songs for a team CD that was then given to every player. A simple rule was kept so that the songs were chosen first come first served and that the singer or group could appear no more than twice on the album. Both those years we won the All-Ireland title. There was a plan to do it this year but unfortunately because of time (getting the materials and burning discs) I didn't get it done, end result a three-in-a-row was missed out on by a late Wicklow point. :(

Away from that, a well famed one back in 2003 was the Ulster SFC first round replay between Tyrone and Derry at Casement Park, on the way to the venue a video of Joe Brolly tearing Tyrone to pieces on post-match analysis after the drawn game was shown on the telly on the bus. To say it got them fired up was an understatement, Derry was easily dispatched and the rest was history.

the green man

Muse, Hurricane's and Butterfiles, was always apt I thought. Especially when you listen to the lyrics

off the laces

Keeps 'er' straight

Lecale2

Physco Killer - Talking Heads. That should put them in a good frame of mind.

Maximus Marillius

There was a piece of music on last night on T na G at the end of the programme that showed us the ladies All star presentation. It was in the final piece of action show different games through the season...it was a super piece. Does anyone know what the song is called and who is the band?

Does anyone know?

maddog

Pietas

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on November 24, 2006, 11:15:30 AM
There was a piece of music on last night on T na G at the end of the programme that showed us the ladies All star presentation. It was in the final piece of action show different games through the season...it was a super piece. Does anyone know what the song is called and who is the band?

THE STREETS

"Fit But You Know It"
In Roman mythology, Pietas was the goddess of duty to one's state, gods and family.

Mhic Easmuint

cavan4ever

Quote from: ONeill on November 24, 2006, 08:51:41 PM
KM, it's all about the extra inch. 15x15 may get motivated equally by pulling on the geansai and matched in fitness and skill, but it's that wee bit extra that can give a man the edge. Imagine running in on goal with beads of sweat lashing off the forehead, your legs carrying you at a speed you never thought possible. The keeper moves towards you and suddenly he seems massive with the net nowhere to be seen. You know you can't progress any further as the keeper, probably 5 ft tall weighing 17st, will be on top of you befiore you can say 'ah balax'. What better to pop into your head but 'Do you want your oul lobby washed down' as you lash the ball through the legs of Sammy 'the Cat' McInerny.

If he was 5ft tall and weighing 17st i don't think anyonewould have any bother running around him.  He'd b better off in a health farm than in goals..

Tir na nÓg