Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Saffrongael on February 07, 2022, 10:02:44 AM
Johnnycool I see reports of Carlow players at their "black bastard" I'm assuming sledging of Down players. Not their first rodeo

That kind of muck has been going on for years, I remember down in Laois with our Hurlers  a few years back even their backroom team was getting stuck in with the British stuff after a shemozzle at the whistle. Further back pinky got the line reacting badly to the same thing. I think the accepted stance always was just don't react unless the score board.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

saffron123

That stuffs going on the full time, St Thomas' were at it against cushendall, banagher got the same a couple of weeks back and not the first time carlow been at it! Liam Watson had the right idea when same happened him against tipp. think twice about saying it again after that

NAG1

Quote from: saffron123 on February 07, 2022, 04:06:42 PM
That stuffs going on the full time, St Thomas' were at it against cushendall, banagher got the same a couple of weeks back and not the first time carlow been at it! Liam Watson had the right idea when same happened him against tipp. think twice about saying it again after that

::) ::) ::)

Any of the southern teams engaging in this are letting themselves down more than they even realise themselves.

Call it out after every game it happens in and shame them publicly. Bring it to the refs attention during the games and get it into referees report, so it will have to be dealt with.

Antrim Coaster

How stupid are the southern teams resorting to the Brit / black bastard carry on. Really haven't got a clue.  Probably force fed that sort of shite by their Fine Gael / West Brit masters. C*nts are so dense they haven't the brains to think for themselves.
That Carlow team should have been directed to Gawn St in East Belfast - wouldn't have been shouting their nonsense then.
Carlow played Antrim in the Christy Ring in Corrigan a few years ago and they came to cause serious injury. 3 Antrim players were carried off with 3 Carlow players red carded. Thing is if they had came to play hurling they would have beat Antrim handy enough.

imtommygunn

Good to see some footage of the hurlers there. They definitely had some decent scores. A wee slip towards the end for a Kilkenny score could have went the other way and made it interesting too.

Saffsof82

U20 hurlers and minor hurlers training camp over the weekend. U20 hurlers beat by Tipp U17 if i heard right. Thats some indicator of where we are, or rather how far off the top table Antrim hurling is.

Saffrongael

Quote from: Saffsof82 on February 08, 2022, 05:11:47 PM
U20 hurlers and minor hurlers training camp over the weekend. U20 hurlers beat by Tipp U17 if i heard right. Thats some indicator of where we are, or rather how far off the top table Antrim hurling is.

The U-20 team is very young
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

keep her low this half

Big match today with the Dubs. Not overly optimistic as the Dubs are in really good form but looking forward to the match as I haven't seen the county in person for a couple of years due to Covid. Hopefully its a good tight competitive game with a few good scores thrown in along the way

Milltown Row2

Antrim are great value at +6.5 today, Dublin are a very good team but we've plenty good talent playing and great options on the bench.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Dublin have a level of physicality we struggle with. Hoping for a good performance at least but unfortunately don't think we will get any points here. I will be very glad to be wrong mind you.

Baile an tuaigh

I love the way Antrim respect the National Anthem.
Playing really well leading Dublin by 2 against the breeze Dublin
hitting alot of wides. Neil McManus superb goal.

Baile an tuaigh

Half time Antrim 1 - 8 Dublin 1- 8 soft soft penalty to equalize for the Dubs. Commentators think it's a five point breeze in favor of Antrim for the second half.

Baile an tuaigh

10 minutes left Dublin well on top 2-19 to Antrims 2-13

Baile an tuaigh

Dublin win by 4 points 2-19 to 2-15.

Saffrongael

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on February 12, 2022, 02:41:44 PM
Half time Antrim 1 - 8 Dublin 1- 8 soft soft penalty to equalize for the Dubs. Commentators think it's a five point breeze in favor of Antrim for the second half.

I actually thought a team like dublin who work the ball up the pitch (like most teams do) would cope ok into the wind. They were well in control in second half, seemed to win every ruck & 50/50 ball
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come