Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: johnnycool on February 01, 2022, 02:18:12 PM
Quote from: Saffsof82 on February 01, 2022, 01:09:52 PM
Derry teams are in senior reserve , u20 and u17 leagues as of county meeting last night

If that's true, then all good.

My Derry source has maybe been misinformed..

3 Derry clubs, Lynches, Screen and Slaughtneil at U 20 level.

However these teams are to play their matches away, I understand.

Leagues are split so the Derry teams are in with North Antrim clubs and the Down teams are in a group with the Belfast clubs to save excess travel.

This does not apply to the Down clubs.

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on February 01, 2022, 03:52:55 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on February 01, 2022, 02:18:12 PM
Quote from: Saffsof82 on February 01, 2022, 01:09:52 PM
Derry teams are in senior reserve , u20 and u17 leagues as of county meeting last night

If that's true, then all good.

My Derry source has maybe been misinformed..

3 Derry clubs, Lynches, Screen and Slaughtneil at U 20 level.

However these teams are to play their matches away, I understand.

Leagues are split so the Derry teams are in with North Antrim clubs and the Down teams are in a group with the Belfast clubs to save excess travel.

This does not apply to the Down clubs
The Down clubs will have home fixtures.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

u20 slaughtneil, lynches and lavey
resrve lavey, lynches and screen
div 3 na magha

Saffsof82

So our club secretary at the county board meeting Monday night and says it was passed that all Derry teams were allowed entry to Antrim all county leagues from u15 up, but something seems to have changed today as no u15 and no u17. Don't understand how that can be it county meeting passed it last night?

johnnycool

Quote from: Saffsof82 on February 01, 2022, 11:53:38 PM
So our club secretary at the county board meeting Monday night and says it was passed that all Derry teams were allowed entry to Antrim all county leagues from u15 up, but something seems to have changed today as no u15 and no u17. Don't understand how that can be it county meeting passed it last night?

Yep,
   Our secretary has just informed me that we're not getting the U17 hurlers into the Antrim leagues. Disappointing to say the least.

paddyjohn

Skinny getting some slating online about his performance in Parnell.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on February 06, 2022, 05:24:14 PM

Watched the game, very difficult to ref that game with all the rucks and slapping going on.

Was this slating on Twitter?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tyrdub

Quote from: paddyjohn on February 06, 2022, 05:24:14 PM

I listened to it in the car on the way home from the Athletic Grounds, they were saying he was makin gall the right decisions, only one they spouted about was the time taken to sort out 1 schemozzle, apart from that he was great. Don't believe everything you read on the net

imtommygunn

Always thought he was a great ref. I haven't read much either. Where was that online?

Seemed like a good enough performance yesterday. That's going to be a tough division with Laois running Tipp tight too.

JC that's a very good win for Down.

paddyjohn

A few tweets I saw just.

I watched the game and he didn't do anything wrong. He made the correct calls.

imtommygunn

I see, a few,  on social media unhappy with the lack of cameras at Nowlan park. I would agree. I think that's pretty pathetic tbh that you don't coverage when you're not in division one then you get there and you still get no coverage. Really poor from RTE.

johnnycool

Quote from: paddyjohn on February 07, 2022, 09:06:25 AM
A few tweets I saw just.

He got the big calls right IMO and evidently someone in the Dublin backroom team needs to inform their keeper of the rule changes that have been in over a year now and tweaked slightly over the winter as penalties can be given if denying a goalscoring opportunity within the 20metre line.

Typical Nordie referee bashing.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on February 07, 2022, 09:19:15 AM
Quote from: paddyjohn on February 07, 2022, 09:06:25 AM
A few tweets I saw just.

He got the big calls right IMO and evidently someone in the Dublin backroom team needs to inform their keeper of the rule changes that have been in over a year now and tweaked slightly over the winter as penalties can be given if denying a goalscoring opportunity within the 20metre line.

Typical Nordie referee bashing.

Yeah I was wondering why he was complaining, the first 'smash down' from the Dublin no.2 I think was something you'd see in a reserve game!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

Johnnycool I see reports of Carlow players at their "black bastard" I'm assuming sledging of Down players. Not their first rodeo
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 07, 2022, 09:13:35 AM
I see, a few,  on social media unhappy with the lack of cameras at Nowlan park. I would agree. I think that's pretty pathetic tbh that you don't coverage when you're not in division one then you get there and you still get no coverage. Really poor from RTE.

I didn't go down one reason being I thought it would be streamed on some platform. I have gaago, now and beosports and nothing.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets