Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: square_ball on February 27, 2020, 04:22:57 PM
Quote from: bigtogs on February 27, 2020, 04:14:50 PM
Quote from: square_ball on February 27, 2020, 03:14:14 PM
I think they've only lost Corr to the Fianna and Gervin to Ardboe so 2 players transferred in 10 years would hardly constitute that's it's a regular thing. Gervin lives in ardboe too as far as I know.

Rouse to Moy...
McNally to Fianna(for about a month)

Rouse was managing the Moy at that time and played for and managed brackaville since that.

So 4 players in the past 10 years or less, is a good few, some clubs haven't lost 4 players in 100 years to a neighbouring parish, as for Rouse, he still left during his playing career to play for another club

square_ball

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on February 28, 2020, 09:21:42 AM
I think they've only lost Corr to the Fianna and Gervin to Ardboe so 2 players transferred in 10 years would hardly constitute that's it's a regular thing. Gervin lives in ardboe too as far as I know.

Rouse to Moy...

Rouse was managing the Moy at that time and played for and managed brackaville since that.

So 4 players in the past 10 years or less, is a good few, some clubs haven't lost 4 players in 100 years to a neighbouring parish, as for Rouse, he still left during his playing career to play for another club

I'll give you 2. I don't see how you can include McNally when he didn't kick a ball for the fianna was back and still is playing for Brackaville as far as I know. Rouse gave his best years to Brackaville. He managed the Moy then a few months into that job transferred to them.

There's been plenty of inter parish transfers down through the years.

bigtogs

Quote from: square_ball on February 28, 2020, 09:52:11 AM

Rouse to Moy...

I'll give you 2. I don't see how you can include McNally when he didn't kick a ball for the fianna was back and still is playing for Brackaville as far as I know. Rouse gave his best years to Brackaville. He managed the Moy then a few months into that job transferred to them.

There's been plenty of inter parish transfers down through the years.

I could name 20 at least that Played for Fianna and Brackaville......

Fianna Minor team last year.... 2xClonoe 1xDerrytresk 1xBrackaville transferred in at the start of the season.....

Localexpert

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 27, 2020, 04:35:44 PM
Quote from: Localexpert on February 27, 2020, 03:54:53 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 27, 2020, 09:28:59 AM
Quote from: Localexpert on February 26, 2020, 11:51:49 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 26, 2020, 02:23:44 PM
Quote from: Localexpert on February 26, 2020, 01:19:02 PM
Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on February 26, 2020, 11:28:32 AM
Quote from: Localexpert on February 21, 2020, 06:01:31 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 21, 2020, 11:13:49 AM

you do realise of the 14 outfield coalisland players against trillick in last years semi final 9 are under 25?  however i'm looking forward to see how McDollar copes with the pressure of another well paid clonoe manager coming up against us in the championship!

I hope come closer to the time you can tell us more of Coalislands tactics and player availability Local Expert.

Will Kerr / McNiece / Toner / Kane start for Coalisland this year v Clonoe in the Championship?

I don't understand your point. Are you suggesting they shouldn't?

Id say Clonoe would love to meet a Coalisland team without Kerr / McNiece / Toner / Kane, they would no longer be a top 4 side in Tyrone without them

I think mcneice is still in his 20s and this lunatic is putting him down as being too old!

Awful touchy for what was a bit of innocent pre season chatter about a Championship game that won't be played for months. Maybe it's something that is being mentioned round Coalisland, this is the last chance....and a few of the mentioned players have said as much....

The only thing I've heard being mentioned is how happy stevy mcdollar will be no matter what happens during the game  because he'll still get his big bag of money down the road with him.

I'm not from Clonoe Local Expert, it's none of my business what the Rahillys get up to.....

I'll revise my prediction that has upset you so much. I reckon the first game will be a draw now. Just to keep the peace.

You might be giving away who you are getting upset about a few certain players I had mentioned there though....

You seem to speak about them alot for someone that isn't a fan and claims they're none of your business?

I said I fancied Clonoe to beat Coalisland in a bit of craic prediction. You are more than welcome to come looking me in 8 months about being wrong, there's a 1 in 2 chance I am. I didn't tell you to go to Paddy Power and throw over the savings and thank me later. I don't think that makes me anti coalisland surely? I think if you search all my posts in here I've been fair enough....can you say the same?

You've taken the hump about me saying Coalisland are an ageing team for whatever reason. That was a fair enough comment for someone to make, it wasn't malicious or slanderous in any way.

When did I say you were anti coalisland? I never acknowledged your prediction on who would win. I only pointed out your point on being an aging team didn't make sense when the majority are u25.

Pearse Blue

Mikhailov

Time enough yet for club fixtures, sure the start date is only 4 weeks away 😉 No panic at all. Best idea is to read the Irish News on the Tuesday beforehand if you are lucky.

In all seriousness, a total disregard for club football in this county in recent years but I am hoping this new youth fixture system for 2020 and planned 4x12 at adult level will change that over the next few years.

stillsenior

Quote from: Mikhailov on February 28, 2020, 03:51:02 PM
Time enough yet for club fixtures, sure the start date is only 4 weeks away 😉 No panic at all. Best idea is to read the Irish News on the Tuesday beforehand if you are lucky.

In all seriousness, a total disregard for club football in this county in recent years but I am hoping this new youth fixture system for 2020 and planned 4x12 at adult level will change that over the next few years.

Sure the Youth fixtures plan has already been disrupted. Games scheduled for last weekend and this weekend all called off in advance by County board because of the weather forecast

ANON2018

Fixtures should be out in the next few days I'm told.

WT4E

Quote from: ANON2018 on March 03, 2020, 08:59:50 AM

Still no word on fixtures? Must be a big surprise coming!

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: WT4E on March 05, 2020, 02:14:07 PM

Meeting tonight apparently.

topofthesoil

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 05, 2020, 02:15:16 PM

Meeting tonight apparently.

With mickey?

Under Lights

Fixtures not to next week. Club games played behind closed doors due to Coronavirus.

Moonshine

Rouse to Moy...

Did he not come back to manage them aswell and look money for the job

Eire90

What days will senior club games be played will it be spread out from friday evening to sunday or are they all the same day

BIGONE

I thought fixtures were to be released early this week?